• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do your parents think about Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yzpo Z.

FlyingPokemonMaster
They get a lil iffy when i start listening to pokemon music but other then that, they dont care. Lol one of my favorite terms for the when they call me a nerd is that no, the technical term is pokemon master. and now they use that alot when someone calls me a nerd. makes me smile a bit.they do think that im a lil old for it, but they dont push me to quit it.

Liien

My mom first bought fire red and leaf green when they came out for my brother and I (i was around 6). That's where we started :V My mom and dad don't mind really as they like video games also. My dad even found Pokemon red and gold for us at a garage sale along with a gameboy color so we could play em.

TheToeEater

Hello. .-.
My parents are really understanding as they sort of collect things too. Sometimes my mum seems more excited than me when we find pokemon merchandise at stores. xD Neither of them mind that I have 5 bookcases full of pokemon...

blackterminator3

Well, my mom used to think I was just being to obsessive as a child, but grew to know that I was being happy competitive. :p

Wolveram

Vogelfänger
I'm 22 and moved out, and my fiancé and I both play Pokemon. My mom *still* thinks it's pretty dumb and a money waster. I (obviously) don't care what she says because I still play :p. I don't complain about her interests, so I don't know what the deal is.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
My mom thinks it's just a phase i'm going through. I've been a fan since the beginning though.

My dad is one of those people who think they're demonic creatures

My parents tend to make fun of me for playing. Not harrassive of course. They are like:"You're 18.. Why do you play Pokémon". I've followed the series from red up to Emerald. Then quit until Black & white.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
My parents get kind of annoyed when I get obsessed with it and sometimes tease me about it, but other than that, they don't really mind.

samhain88

Magikarp trainer
My mom was supportive, but she thought it was very strange. Can't blame her, but I loved it.

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
My parents are supportive to a point - me and my two younger brothers all love Pokemon, and occasionally we discuss it one time too many at the dinner table and my father will tell us to talk about anything else. But they allow us to buy all the games and generally will try to at least act intrigued by the world.

RainDance

Dance Party!!
My parents don't mind. They joke about that I am too old for it but it doesn't really matter to me :)

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
My parents tend to make fun of me for playing. Not harrassive of course. They are like:"You're 18.. Why do you play Pokémon". I've followed the series from red up to Emerald. Then quit until Black & white.

Hah, I get that feeling sometimes but they're okay with it. It's just I took this too far, nya~

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
My parents don't mind at all. They just let me do whatever, really, as long as I don't obsess over it and avoid doing other things like homework.

609Chandelure

My father doesn't care but mum keeps asking me how to play the game but she can never get it .

Status
Not open for further replies.