• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What do your parents think about Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
First they thought it was cute, then they thought I played it to much. Then they didn't understand why I would still play it in high school. Now they don't understand why I don't give up my fanfic.

36squid

ISingTheBodyElectric
They're fine with it, keeps me busy

BlueBerryMew

TrainerWithBeauty~
Well, my parents don't really mind me playing Pokèmon, but they won't let me use any money on it though :/
I had to stop playing TCG since I didn't have money for new cards.. :c

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
My parents wonder why i'm still fond of "children's games" but I tell them that the main game is engeneered for children to beat but playing against live people is something you can't just assume little kids will do on their free time ;)

SamtheUlfr

My dad...doesn't really have an opinion on it other than when my little sisters started playing it. But even then it was just a "they play it too much" thing, not an actual opinion on the thing itself.
My mom thought it was either cute or annoying depending on the situation. And she was fascinated by how I was able to memorize all of them and their types so she'd ask me about them all the time (this was between the coming out of red/blue and gold/silver).
Now she's just amazed that they keep coming out with games. A couple weeks ago she emailed me about how BW2 due to an Amazon advertisement and I emailed back saying I already have a reservation.
She's not surprised that I've stuck with it the whole time though. Probably because of how big of a thing it is and how my generation kind of latched onto it when we were little.

Lluc

Not a Very Well-Known Member
Adding more to my previous post, my dad has played from generation 1 to 3, he didn't play anymore from there. I don't know if he likes to the new pokemon though, when I was playing Pokemon Diamond and I showed him my Torterra he said he didn't like it 'cause it had too much stuff on it. While I was watching the anime of Black/White on Youtube, he saw Oshawott and he thought it looked like a panda and kind of silly.

Kelz

More saving. More doing.™
I don't really think they have an opinion regarding Pokémon. Video games are video games in my parents' eyes.

They only get concerned if I spend a lot of money on packs of cards and whatnot. To them it's a waste of money.

Foxyvulpixie

thug life
My parents think only little kids like Pokemon and its a huge waste of my time xD.

onichan

They just think it's very childish and a huge waste. It's not like I'm deeply involved with it, its just a hobby, a fun passtime, kind of like baseball (but not as boring)

dd1zzle

They took me for my 10th birthday too see Pokémon the 1st movie. I remember that day so very clearly. I think they don't care about it, because it doesn't affect them directly anymore.

My mother likes some Pokemon (especially cute Gen I, II and III Grass, Bug and Water Pokemon) and also thinks some moments in the anime are fun, but she's not a total fan like I am. She likes it a bit, but I can't call her a Pokemon fan. She also doesn't play the games, but she does think Pokemon Colosseum looks beautiful.

My father liked it quite a bit in the past, he even played Pokemon Colosseum with my sister and me, and also has a favourite Pokemon: Snorlax, which he mostly said as a joke and in order to have a favourite. Now, he doesn't care about Pokemon anymore, but also doesn't hate it.

Jaguartail

My parents see it as just another video game that I'll grow out of given time.

PKMNBeige

Sprite Artist
My parents are OK with it, but it's fine for me because I'm only 16, have a job, attend school and manage to stay on top of my studies. I have a to-do-list everyday, but I always leave an hour or two for Pokemon!

Kor'vodisth

My father doesn't mind my interests in pokemon, in fact a good deal of my extended family has shown interest in Pokemon sometime in the last 10 years.

Aakash98

My parents don't go against it, but they may say sometimes that I should play some older games, but they got over it finding that many people who still play after so many years and that the game has some math in their like Breeding and catch rates

Status
Not open for further replies.