• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What does it matter to Atheists if Christians don't believe what they do?

weirdy

PokeBreeder Willis
you speak the truth. a child needs to be loved and cared for specifically in order to not be a depressed teenager noone cared to look at when he was little thus he becomes some radical terrorist or commits suicide

you cant just throw them in a place and expect them to turn out right

Mr. Baker

Shake + Bake
so.....are we actually gonna discuss what this thread's about or just go on tangents here?

Lil Stew

you speak the truth. a child needs to be loved and cared for specifically in order to not be a depressed teenager noone cared to look at when he was little thus he becomes some radical terrorist or commits suicide

you cant just throw them in a place and expect them to turn out right
If their adoptive parents don't love/pay attention to them, they can find a new home, can't they? It might not be that easy, but possible.

weirdy

PokeBreeder Willis
but most children put in homes DONT get adopted an their foster parents dont treat them like theyre their own children and often neglect and abuse them. this can lead to serious phsyciatric problems later in life.

so.....are we actually gonna discuss what this thread's about or just go on tangents here?

i tried discussing rligion but you guys went on about sex.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Baker

Shake + Bake
i tried discussing rligion but you guys went on about sex.

well, the internet is full of teenage males, what do you expect, honestly?

My Question: can people from religious backgrounds be "converted" to atheism? is it really conversion, or a loss of beleifs?

weirdy

PokeBreeder Willis
im serious look at my other posts in this thread and ACTUALLY READ IT. you may find im right.

what does this have to do with religion.....

it doesnt matter in what we believe in;

no matter WHAT this world is going to come down around us taking us with it and theres NOTHING we can do to prevent it so in the end all of this fighting and discrimination of religions will be pointless.

there is NO heaven only hell. we all go there and we all get punishment there.

doe this ring any bells?

Lil Stew

My Question: can people from religious backgrounds be "converted" to atheism? is it really conversion, or a loss of beleifs?
Convert - change from one system to another or to a new plan or policy; "We converted from 220 to 110 Volt"

Mr. Baker

Shake + Bake
Convert - change from one system to another or to a new plan or policy; "We converted from 220 to 110 Volt"

thank you. is this really changing or is it loosing you beliefs though? i guess it really depends on who you are to say what it is

rust

Moribund WarriorPoet

Yes, its possible. I used to be a Buddhist before I converted to atheism.

Mr. Baker

Shake + Bake
exactly live it while you can--but whay ruin it with wars and discrimination?

ignorance, just because somebody doesn't look like you or think like you, people assume that they are all the same, and it escalates further from there

weirdy

PokeBreeder Willis
but fully? do you own anything related to buddhism or did you get rid of all traces?
the answer to this question is NO. you cant fully convert because in order to do that youd forget all traces of your past life. your praying schedule. everything just cant be taken away just in an instant becuase you simply convert religions. you still have some believes from previous religion? then your not converted.

ignorance, just because somebody doesn't look like you or think like you, people assume that they are all the same, and it escalates further from there

yes. why do black people get so damn pissy when you people of other races or skin colors the n word? they can get away with calling white peopl crackers and other races that sort of thing why get so mad?

rust

Moribund WarriorPoet
but fully? do you own anything related to buddhism or did you get rid of all traces?
the answer to this question is NO. you cant fully convert because in order to do that youd forget all traces of your past life. your praying schedule. everything just cant be taken away just in an instant becuase you simply convert religions. you still have some believes from previous religion? then your not converted.

I was really a passive Buddhist. I've toyed with the idea of reincarnation and labeled it as more likely than a heaven or hell existing, but I'm pretty confident in the fact that all organized religions are wrong.

And the reason why I converted was because I determined that the system of belief wasn't fair and that I was getting crap karma from the guy who I used to be. I decided that that was stupid and unfair and then came to the conclusion that it couldn't be true.

weirdy

PokeBreeder Willis
but you obviously still believe in karma. therefore you havent truly converted from buddhism andforget past believes

rust

Moribund WarriorPoet
but you obviously still believe in karma. therefore you havent truly converted from buddhism andforget past believes

No, I don't believe in karma. If anything, it was just making the phrase "what goes around, comes around" into a deity. While I think that that phrase is true with people, it isn't true in the metaphysical sense.

And your 'true conversion' stuff is bs. All that matters is what I believe now, and I don't believe that Buddhism, Christianity, or any other religion is true at the moment.

Mr. Baker

Shake + Bake
I was really a passive Buddhist. I've toyed with the idea of reincarnation and labeled it as more likely than a heaven or hell existing, but I'm pretty confident in the fact that all organized religions are wrong.

And the reason why I converted was because I determined that the system of belief wasn't fair and that I was getting crap karma from the guy who I used to be. I decided that that was stupid and unfair and then came to the conclusion that it couldn't be true.

i really dont mean to gang up on you, but just because something isnt fair doesnt mean that it's not true....

weirdy

PokeBreeder Willis
no religion is true. nothing can be completely true in fact but your not getting my point. the point is if there is any trace of your past religion you havent given up on it or whatever you want to call it. you simply THINK thats its not whats best for you at the moment and who knows? you might come right back to it.

rust

Moribund WarriorPoet
i really dont mean to gang up on you, but just because something isnt fair doesnt mean that it's not true....

If there were some higher power or spiritual force, why wouldn't it be fair to everyone? That doesn't make sense to me, which is why I believe Buddhism to be wrong.

weirdy; Again, there are memories of me believing in it, but I don't actually believe in Buddhism any more. Again, if you don't believe in what you did before, you've still converted. Its absolutely preposterous to say that you haven't truly converted because old habits die hard.