• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What does Pokemon do for you?

ebevan91

It's a good time sink.

GilligBoi

Gives me a constructive way to occupy my free time and helps me think using strategy.

Last edited:

Gelatino95

Not a tool
It's a nice creative outlet.

TeamRocketGrunt

WobbWobbWobb Wobrudo
If I were to pick how much I liked pokemon, I'd say on a scale of Pokemon's a good time breaker to OMGILUVPOKEMONITZEPICAND1337, I'm smack dab in the middle.If you couldn't tell already, I'm obsessed with something/someone else, and I got their new album, so that sucks out time.
It is a plain hobby.There.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Hm, well I stopped wtching the anime after misty left. But otherwise for the game usually just kick it in and play Heart Gold to relax. Every now and then I will pick up the new pokemon game but I'm not to obsessed with it to much. I just play to relax, unwind, or I'm bored and wanna advance my team. I usually don't have time to play as much responsibilities like: Sports, Ex (Crazy one too XD), Friends, School, Tests and HW. But it also expands my creativity, in a way helps you be a leader by building a team to win against other forces which take strategy.

Last edited:

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
ummm when im depressed it helps take my mind off things
i am also highly competitive with my best friend about battling and who is the best trainer
for me it is more of an addiction than a hobby

Zevn

Lost in Translation
It takes my head away from the stress.

blackterminator3

Oh boy, where to start? To me playing Pokemon relieves my stress, helps me connect with the game in each generation. Most of my friends and gf plays it(Good thing we all knew each other most of our lives.) I just go home, get a nice drink of coffee or soda and start playing like it is no tomorrow.

as of late i'm using it for custom storys (I'ma using my imagination).
so basically it's my imagination fuel atm

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Besides being a time-killer, it's a bit of a stress-reliever for me. It also helps me relax, so it takes my mind off things for a little bit even with the challenges. There's also something soothing about the games, like the Pokémon really are your best companions, and are there waiting for you every day. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon has to be the best at this, in my opinion, which is why I love it so much.

Buchou

filch some swag
It reminds me a lot of the fun times I had in childhood and also kills time when I'm bored with absolutely nothing to do.

G50

No longer posting
I play it to always have something to do, practice strategizing, and accomplishing goals. I use it for a lot of different things.

Skydra

The same thing any video game does for me; lets me have fun and relieve stress (assuming I'm not getting irrationally angry at said game for some reason).

Beck

Soul Suckin' Jerk
It has always been a stress-reliever, but it's also a nostalgia rush. It brings me back to the days where I could sit in a room with my little brother and just play and trade and battle all day. I also like the involvement I now have with the RNG community here at Serebii. I've become so involved in so many ways and I love every second of it, from showing off my accomplishments to furthering our core group of players through the club or artwork. It's always a lot of fun.

GoldenGengar

Gengar Forever <3
A hobby, something to do out of boredom. I think taking it as a sport is a little to far. I personal think sports are meant to be Physical, get you moving, get your blood pumping. Things such as Soccer, Basketball, Football, and so on. But hey thats just me.

Ciliano

A hobby, something to do out of boredom. I think taking it as a sport is a little to far. I personal think sports are meant to be Physical, get you moving, get your blood pumping. Things such as Soccer, Basketball, Football, and so on. But hey thats just me.

I agree, but a sport is also something that involves practice, determination, skill, and a certain amount of luck. Competitive Pokemon involves all of these things with the added frustration of breeding and constant changes in the game, causing one to have to adapt at all times. It may not be a physical sport, but it sure is a mental sport...if there is such a thing.