• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What does Pokemon do for you?

Pokemon Geek

Doom Trainer
Tons of nostalgia and fun. Not to mention its a grea way to pass time when one is bored.

Crimson101

Cooler Than Red
I kinda agree with everyone who's posted and all but well for me Pokemon is just a form for me to leave the world and go into my world ya'know hypothetically speaking. I feel free when playing Pokemon. I feel so creative and stuff so Pokemon is more than just a game for me :p

ThievingHealer

Future Hope Solo
Pokemon teaches me the value of friendship....partnering bonds...to never betray one another....world peace....love and happiness....ghosts are real....stuff lost in the couch is never truly gone....your mom....the end.

Wyrm

~Setting Sail~
I find it to be

1) a reliable pastime.

2) fun, plain and simple.

3) a gateway to fantasy that throws dirt at reality.

Z-man

Pokemon equality!!!
I play Pokemon cuz I grew up with the games (Well, I was born the same year GS came out, but I learned the 151 pokemon first) and cuz it helped when i was angry or being bullied. THANK GOD I have friends, now i play Pokemon to, quote for quote, 'Be The Very Best, Like No-One Ever Was!'

RivalsByNature

Lalala Not Listening
It gives me a reason to waste my weekend. It also teaches me the meaning of friendship and that stuff lost in the couch coushins is never truly gone. And I liek Mudkipz. :3

SilverSoulLugia

It's a lifelong thing. :) I've always played the games!
Silver was the first videogame I bought for my GBC, but I've been playing since the days of Red and Blue. My childhood was mostly spent at friends' houses playing Stadium or Snap, and my preteens were filled with the 3rd Gen. I stopped for a time around the 4th gen, but it managed to hook me back in a few years ago. :p I own a load of the spinoff games, too. Including a Pokémon Mini, Trozei, two Mystery Dungeon games and R/S Pinball. If the GBC games didn't have the battery fail, I'd go hunting for the TGC game, the original Pinball and Puzzle Challenge too. Been thinking about getting a Ranger game.
So, nostalgia is a big factor, of course. Of my 18 years of age, 14-15 of them have been influenced by Pokémon.

It also appeals to my creative side - it fuels my imagination, gives me inspiration, and helps block out the stresses of daily life. The Pokémon are all unique, what with their differing natures and personalities, so there's plenty of potential characters waiting to be created. They're also fun to draw, and some of the games are gorgeous. I can spend hours looking at PMD: Explorers of Time.
I'm starting to look a little at the inner mechanics, too. Stuff like catch rates, experience gains, you know. Seeing as I've got this love for the games, it makes sense if I use them as research for a potential career in videogame creation.

Epouvantail

the taste
I have a thing for purple monkeys, I don't even like Pokemon that much, just the two purple monkey ones. But in all seriousness, I enjoy Pokemon because of the sheer amount options it gives you. I mean, there are 600+ Pokemon to choose from, and all of these Pokemon are different in their own respect (Ev's, IV's, etc). Meaning that I'll always have new ways to play and enjoy myself. On top of that there's an enormous competitive community, making it so there are many strategies and stuff like that to learn and implement as well. That, and I like a lot of the Pokemon's designs, especially the designs of a pair of particular purple prime apes.

Stay Gold

BattleSubway Trainer
I really like strategizing and the challenge you get from the Battle Subway and competitive battling. I also like getting a chance to iteract with other Pokemon players

Wild Dragonite

Ralts Evo Tree Fan
Pokemon is a good way for me to get distracted. It's also a good mental exercise.

SmartD

It provides entertainment and fun, whether it is the anime, video games, or the manga. I have lots of fun with the franchise.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
It's a way for me to have fun. I enjoy collecting all the creatures and battling them.

blackterravolt

Penguin Lover
It's a good hobby. Pokemon was part of my childhood since I was hooked from the cartoon up to the games. I play whenever I'm free from school or when my friends and I don't plan on going out.

Mrmuffin123

First Male Swiftie
Improve my vocabulary. I had no idea what an ember was until my chimchar learnt it.

Tavo_Zx

The Iron Man
It is really relaxing for me. I like it since I was younger and I don't think I will ever stop liking it. It is my way of releasing the stress caused by school and that kind of stuff.

Pokemon is a good way to make some friends or just get to know people. Pokemon fans can be of different ages, background, and have diverse personalities and likes. So its a nice way to mix it up with people if you can open up and be friendly.