• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What does the Pokemon series mean to you?

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
With the official announcement of Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee there's been lots of mixed opinions about it. After reading through several pages of "Thoughts on the Upcoming Pokemon Switch Game?" thread I started to wonder what other peoples relationship to the Pokemon series is. No matter how many games you've played or how many Pokemon you've caught at the end of the day we all love Pokemon.

So I'd like to start a discussion about the series as a whole, no matter what game or generation what does the Pokemon series mean to you?

AuroraBeam

Pokemon has been a backdrop in my life since I was about 4 when I saw the anime once on tv. It is a series I've constantly come back to even after years of not doing much with it. My parents even still have some embarrassing home movies of me playing pretend with the little creatures. It was a main contributor to some of the peers I associated with in grade school. Even at my most distant with the series, past or future, I'll probably still have a lingering interest in it.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
I only really play the core series, but it's been a mainstay since the original Red and Blue. I've always loved the series, because it's a shining example of a company that knows what it does, does it well, and doesn't completely alter the formula for the sake of trying to match market trends. Add into that, the fact that since Ruby and Sapphire, we've been able to take our collections with us throughout the years. Since 2003, I've leveled nearly 400 Pokemon to max level, and it all started with my first starter in my first playthrough of Ruby, my Sceptile.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
To me the main Pokemon series is about going on a grand adventure with amazing creatures I call my friends. Whenever a new generation is released I look forward to experiencing that all over again.

Additionally Pokemon has been apart of my life since the very beginning. Growing up I was invested in the games, anime, toys, and TCG. But now that I'm an adult I just play the games

Leonhart

Imagineer
The Pokemon series has always interested me due to the adventure themes and collecting aspect. The core games do this well, and so do a few of the spin-off titles. But recently, I haven't felt stimulated by the core games, which is why I have no desire to play Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee.