• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What effect do Pokémon battles have on the surroundings?

WaterTypeStarter

Most of the time nothing really changes. Like when you battle in Oak's lab, it is perfectly fine afterwards. Likewise, when fighting Team Rocket Grunts in tight spaces at Silph co, nothing gets disorganized. However, one battle in the Rocket Hideout somehow causes a door to open up. And Pokémon Black and White goes even further with the Player's room getting messy after they battle their two friends at the beginning go the game. So how much effect do Pokémon battles have on the surroundings exactly?

Last edited:

MrJechgo

Oh boy... the number of forest fires, floods, hurricanes and landslides the world would experience if it was real XD

Nyter

Island Challenger
If we want to talk in-game... none really. Aside from the two-fer battles against Cheren and Bianca in Black and White...

Then there is also the gen 6 wild battles where certain items can be picked up after using certain moves during a battle when a certain background is there (i.e. berries, etc.)

In the anime... I always see huge explosions and dust and when it settles... nada. Not a single terrain damage. Sometimes when Pokemon get flung against stadium walls DBZ style, there are dents and marks on those walls but nothing significant where it is permanent.

If this was real life, TOTAL destruction...

Ultra Beast Lover

I like to think that Pokemon can determine just what their power damages for instance they can choose to concentrate their Earthquake or Surf so it only hits the target. Some have a harder time than others doing this, however.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
There was the gym in the Hoenn region in the anime where they still had to fix the battlefield after the last gym battle. I forget what the slugma/magcargo gym leader's name was.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
There was the gym in the Hoenn region in the anime where they still had to fix the battlefield after the last gym battle. I forget what the slugma/magcargo gym leader's name was.
It was Flannery. The opponent used Dig a lot.