• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What else is there to add to Pokemon games, beside 60fps, to make them more fun?

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I want difficulty settings. They had a very warped version of this idea in B2W2, but I want something where you can pick at the start of the game.

Ah yes, B2/W2, the only games I've ever played where you need to beat normal mode to unlock easy mode...

MrJechgo

I feel like sidequests are non-existent in Pokémon games. You have the main story and post-game, but never extra locations to get different Pokémon and challengers. The SwSh DLC felt like sidequests, but that was like the first time I saw this.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I feel like sidequests are non-existent in Pokémon games. You have the main story and post-game, but never extra locations to get different Pokémon and challengers. The SwSh DLC felt like sidequests, but that was like the first time I saw this.
USUM had tons of side quests like the Ditto 5 in Konikoni City. Don’t know why they didn’t add more of that in SwSh

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I'm just glad we get new Pokemon games. I'm not really picky about anything "new" being added in, other than like regions and Pokemon for example, but I don't think that's what the OP meant.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
USUM had tons of side quests like the Ditto 5 in Konikoni City. Don’t know why they didn’t add more of that in SwSh

USUM had good sidequests for the most part, their problem was that the rewards for them weren't very good. Many of them either gave you some common items that you could just buy at a Pokemon Center or sometimes you didn't even get anything for them! Giving out rarer items and more Pokemon (and especially rarer/more special Pokemon that you couldn't just catch out on the regular routes) would've made them much more worthwhile.

wildcaml

re: member
okay, i’ve had this wish for a long time, since growing older means less time for things like, oh, idk, breeding competitive teams.

i would love it if GF (or whoever) added a battle sim feature, something akin to showdown, but official, where you can simply build teams in a menu for versus play only. it wouldn’t even have to necessarily detract from the game! the pokemon available to you could be on an unlock system based on what you’ve captured in the actual adventure, still encouraging competitive focused players to play through the game and catch em all. i don’t see a downside, but i might be too close to the situation x3 thoughts?

PCN24454

okay, i’ve had this wish for a long time, since growing older means less time for things like, oh, idk, breeding competitive teams.

i would love it if GF (or whoever) added a battle sim feature, something akin to showdown, but official, where you can simply build teams in a menu for versus play only. it wouldn’t even have to necessarily detract from the game! the pokemon available to you could be on an unlock system based on what you’ve captured in the actual adventure, still encouraging competitive focused players to play through the game and catch em all. i don’t see a downside, but i might be too close to the situation x3 thoughts?
What’s the point in that?

They might as well just make a glorified calculator if not a new Pokémon Battle Revolution/Stadium.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan

They might as well just make a glorified calculator if not a new Pokémon Battle Revolution/Stadium.
The point would be to crack down on battle simulators like Showdown and offer a legitimate alternative to their userbases, discouraging future third-party simulators from cropping up and diverting revenue away from Nintendo.

wildcaml

have you ever played on showdown? because that isn't how battle revolution or stadium work. the point would be to streamline teambuilding, including moves and stats, for competitive battling specifically. that way not everyone is required to breed and ev train a whole new poke every time they want to alter their team a bit. not only would it save a huge amount of time, but...
The point would be to crack down on battle simulators like Showdown and offer a legitimate alternative to their userbases, discouraging future third-party simulators from cropping up and diverting revenue away from Nintendo.
...it would also do this. not to mention, we all know a huge point of contention in the competitive scene is the use of unmentionables for teambuilding, regardless of how fairly they are used. legitimate breeders hate it, and nintendo/GF hates it. providing an official teambuillder in-game potentially alleviates these issues, if not just solving them outright

edit: however @PCN24454 if GF did happen to make a battle revolution that functioned this way, i'd be all for it!

Last edited:

Vini310

Give the player the ability to feed their Pokémon to other Pokémon, to get that good EXP and stat bonuses (a la Puzzle & Dragons Z).

PCN24454

have you ever played on showdown? because that isn't how battle revolution or stadium work. the point would be to streamline teambuilding, including moves and stats, for competitive battling specifically. that way not everyone is required to breed and ev train a whole new poke every time they want to alter their team a bit. not only would it save a huge amount of time, but...

...it would also do this. not to mention, we all know a huge point of contention in the competitive scene is the use of unmentionables for teambuilding, regardless of how fairly they are used. legitimate breeders hate it, and nintendo/GF hates it. providing an official teambuillder in-game potentially alleviates these issues, if not just solving them outright

edit: however @PCN24454 if GF did happen to make a battle revolution that functioned this way, i'd be all for it!
They’ve already gotten rid of or trivialized most of the other game elements. If you get rid of the training aspects, can it even be called a Pokémon game anymore?

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
They’ve already gotten rid of or trivialized most of the other game elements. If you get rid of the training aspects, can it even be called a Pokémon game anymore?
Yes, actually. What's with all these weird takes on what does and doesn't constitute a Pokemon game? If Pokemon are the central focus of the game, it's a Pokemon game. Period.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I kind of feel like training up your Pokemon is part of the core concept of Pokemon, they're trying to get you to form a bond with your Pokemon. So it makes more sense for you to train them up from scratch instead of just picking up fully trained Pokemon off the street. Simulators like Showdown kind of go against that spirit. They could potentially bring back the Battle Institute and let you borrow fabricated Pokemon for a "team preview" sort of mode against NPC trainers and then decide if you want to train your Pokemon this way, but I think that might be as far as they go. In general, they're probably not going to have full simulators and focus on streamlining obtaining and training fully optimized Pokemon as they already have.

Give the player the ability to feed their Pokémon to other Pokémon, to get that good EXP and stat bonuses (a la Puzzle & Dragons Z).

Ummmm... what? Pretty sure they don't want to promote death/cannibalism to young children. Plus what if some kid (whether accidentally or not realizing their rarity) feeds their Lv. 100 Arceus to their Lv. 1 Bidoof?

wildcaml

I kind of feel like training up your Pokemon is part of the core concept of Pokemon, they're trying to get you to form a bond with your Pokemon. So it makes more sense for you to train them up from scratch instead of just picking up fully trained Pokemon off the street. Simulators like Showdown kind of go against that spirit. They could potentially bring back the Battle Institute and let you borrow fabricated Pokemon for a "team preview" sort of mode against NPC trainers and then decide if you want to train your Pokemon this way, but I think that might be as far as they go. In general, they're probably not going to have full simulators and focus on streamlining obtaining and training fully optimized Pokemon as they already have.
and you know, that’s completely fair. i think that if the battle frontier returned (which would be awesome in itself) then that could be adventure only, and people could still take advantage of all the breeding and training advancements made to the series up until now, as well as bond with their virtual creatures :)

having a battle sim for competitive play doesn’t have to inhibit any of these things, and i would argue that breeding and training a team for online battling already has a different spirit than training a team to play through the game. if we’re gonna say that we can actually bond with these things, then RIP all the pokemon who get released or traded away or boxed forever simply because they don’t have the right stats.

i’m just saying i think they’re two separate beasts, and the kinds of players who are into each one are, as well. why not cater to both?

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
For me the magic of Pokemon isn't in its graphics.
I enjoy BSDP more than Swsh cuz there are many side stuff to do, like contests and underground. Also, un linear routes, many exploration, un-linear progression, not handholding, doesn't have endless boring cutscnees

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
One other thing I think would be neat would be to have a Splatfest type of mechanic. For those not familiar with Splatoon, the way it works is that every so often they have a theme between two conflicting things (for example, ketchup vs. mustard, order vs. chaos, etc.) and you pick a side. Then you battle players on the other side of the theme and whichever side gets more wins is declared the winner. You get rewards for participating, and you get more if your side wins, but even if your side loses you can still get higher rewards by contributing more individual wins to your team.

MrJechgo

USUM had good sidequests for the most part, their problem was that the rewards for them weren't very good. Many of them either gave you some common items that you could just buy at a Pokemon Center or sometimes you didn't even get anything for them! Giving out rarer items and more Pokemon (and especially rarer/more special Pokemon that you couldn't just catch out on the regular routes) would've made them much more worthwhile.
TMs/TRs, permanent items and even access to an area with exclusive Pokémon (as in not found elsewhere in your game) would be good rewards.