• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What else is there to add to Pokemon games, beside 60fps, to make them more fun?

Psajdak

Pokemon games were around for a while, they improved, but at this point is there even anything left to make them better than ever?

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
The games aren't reliant on speed. The main goal is the adventure to find new species, defeat the gyms and become a champion.
Game Freak has been experimenting with minigames and mega forms z-moves and dynamax forms and even boss raids in sword and shield.

NineTales99

I definitely think that Eeveelutions of different types could be epic. I actually like the main plots of most pokemon games, i like the gyms, I like th legendaries, but I don't like that the legendaries are necessary to the game. Why must i battle a woefully underpowerd supposedly awesome pokemon just to battle someone else, someone more important? I don't know.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I think they need to update the battle formula

Red and Blue

More gimmicks? I quite enjoyed Mega Evolution and Z moves so I'd like to see more features like that. And they could give as more mini games as well that let us play with our Pokemon more outside of battles and Amie
All the remaining type combinations of pokemon to be added. Still waiting~
Yeah. Plus Electric, Dark, and Grass are just one combo away from being paired with all the other types

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
Semi-Random placement of NPCs, so the games don’t feel the same with each play through.

Multiple save slots.

Luthor

The ability to rematch every NPC you can battle added to every game (not just a few). I've wanted that since gen 1 (when it wasn't possible)

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I'd love to see the Battle Frontier return, as well as an expansion of on-line multiplayer features, especially PvE ones like Raids and Dynamax Adventures. I'd like to see at least some acknowledgement for Singles in official formats, even if it isn't the focus.

If we're just wishlisting for things that will probably never happen, I'd also like to see a PC-based open world Pokemon game. There have been a few unofficial PC-based Pokemon MMOs floating around for a long time now but they're not usually all that amazing (not to mention they inherently violate copyright and are subject to cease and desists at any time). I think Nintendo has the resources to to make one that really is truly amazing, however.

Ditto B1tch

There are lot of things they should have done and that they should have not done.

They should have added new types.
- sound and cosmic type could have been added in Gen III
- light type could have been added in Gen V
- keep doing pre evo and evos in Gen VI onwards
- make trading not a requirement to evolve pokemon (just the item)

They should have not added:
- mega evolution (these are just recycle of evolutions)
- z moves (these are just recycle of moves)
- gigantamax/dynamax (these are just recycled pokemon)
- ultra beasts (these are discarted non-pokemon they decided to keep
- regional variants (these are just recycled pokemon)

PCN24454

There are lot of things they should have done and that they should have not done.

They should have added new types.
- sound and cosmic type could have been added in Gen III
- light type could have been added in Gen V
- keep doing pre evo and evos in Gen VI onwards
- make trading not a requirement to evolve pokemon (just the item)

They should have not added:
- mega evolution (these are just recycle of evolutions)
- z moves (these are just recycle of moves)
- gigantamax/dynamax (these are just recycled pokemon)
- ultra beasts (these are discarted non-pokemon they decided to keep
- regional variants (these are just recycled pokemon)
I’m ok with your cons but not with your pros.

We really don’t need more types, especially light, cosmic and sound.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I can think of a ton of things actually.

-Expand on the field abilities system that allows you to use your own Pokemon instead of just rentals or wild Pokemon (although if you don't have a suitable Pokemon, you can still use a rental ability). In later generations, you could also clear different obstacles in multiple ways. You could cut down, ram, or burn a tree, cross a river by surfing across, jumping across, using a vine or web to grapple across, or creating an ice bridge.
-Add a trainer class system where you can select a certain trainer class for both in-battle out-of-battle perks. For example, you could choose to be a Swimmer which would increase your Pokemon's Speed in the rain in battle and increase Surf speed out of battle.
-Expand Pokedex functionality so it's actually, you know, a useful resource instead of just a list of Pokemon with lore blurbs and location data. Including move data, evolution data, breeding data, etc. (if necessary, they could have it fill in as needed to prevent spoilers) would make it a REAL Pokemon encyclopedia instead of just a joke of a device that you'll barely ever use. Serebii would probably hate this idea (less reason to come to the site) but it would be a tremendous improvement for the games.
-AI based NPCs that you can dynamically talk with instead of having scripted responses. Instead of your character being a blank slate that never speaks a word, you could supply your own dialogue with a microphone and the NPCs would react to it (this one probably wouldn't happen anytime soon, but I think the technology is there or at least pretty close).

And that's not even getting into all of the features they've left behind from past games that should be brought back, like Contests, Secret Bases, Battle Frontier, Join Avenue, Friend Safari, Dexnav, etc.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
-Expand Pokedex functionality so it's actually, you know, a useful resource instead of just a list of Pokemon with lore blurbs and location data. Including move data, evolution data, breeding data, etc. (if necessary, they could have it fill in as needed to prevent spoilers) would make it a REAL Pokemon encyclopedia instead of just a joke of a device that you'll barely ever use. Serebii would probably hate this idea (less reason to come to the site) but it would be a tremendous improvement for the games.
I'd say online actual wikis are probably a reason to save on game data and not add this. I guess there may be one or two of the odd player out there who doesn't have the easy internet access to just look the information up online, but I somehow imagine those types of players are probably few and far between. I could be wrong, though.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
6v6 as a sort of gimmick battle (like triple/rotation/sky battles) would be kind of interesting. I could see spread damage moves like Surf and Earthquake being very overpowered though, unless they only hit opponents directly adjacent to the user.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I'd say online actual wikis are probably a reason to save on game data and not add this. I guess there may be one or two of the odd player out there who doesn't have the easy internet access to just look the information up online, but I somehow imagine those types of players are probably few and far between. I could be wrong, though.

I don't think that would cost them much in terms of game data. It all has to be included in the code anyway, it's just a matter of making it visible to the player. That shouldn't be too hard. Also, they've already done this before in Pokedex 3D on the 3DS.