• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What else should be version exclusive?

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
I'm not the biggest fan of rivals becoming champion but if they deiced to go that route then they could have you battle a different rival as champion in each version (assuming Leon gets beaten during the story).

Also assuming title defense returns for rematches then I'd like them to have the same challenger in both versions (as many to pull from as possible please) but have their teams vary, for example if Nessa challenged you for the seat of champion she would use a sword exclusive water type line in shield and vice versa.

Kaddy2009

I like the parent exclusive (in one game, a single dad and in the other game, a mom), and I forgot they did the Gym Leaders being exclusive in BW2. Maybe they could do exclusive towns and cities, also what they did in BW2.

JW1004

Maybe have version exclusive rosters for the gymleaders. Like have their signature Pokémon + a Pokémon that differs per game.
I think the parent exclusive would work better as gender exclusive rather than version exclusive.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I think they already went way too far with version-exclusive content. At some point version-exclusive content encouraged players to play together with their friends who could catch different pokémon so you could trade and battle each other and you'd both have different pokémon to give you a different team. But version-exclusive music, version-exclusive battle tree partners, version-exclusive gym leaders, none of that follows that philosophy whatsoever. What's the point, other that to try and attract people into buying both games, just to get all the content? And having to pay €60 more just to get the chance to battle a couple more gym leaders and still having effectively the same game is just a simple ripoff. It's just content they're withholding from being in both games in the first place just to get people to pay more money. It's a tactic to try and get people to pay for two games while they only have to develop one.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
What's the point, other that to try and attract people into buying both games, just to get all the content?

Well, yeah, actually, that's exactly the point, and honestly I think that's always been the point. Trading and battling was just an excuse really.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Version-exclusive regions with version-exclusive stories, characters, Gyms/Totem Trials (or split them into Gyms or Totem Trials), Elite Four's, Champions etc and the best part? Once your done with the main game, your post-game will be exploring the other version-exclusive region but lacking that version exclusive story but making up for it with stronger challenges.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I wish we had version-exclusive towns and routes again, like in Gen 5.

I've always felt the two versions of a Pokémon game should be very different from one another. I mean, what's the point of having two versions of they're virtually identical?

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
You guys ready?

I would actually enjoy it if clothing was version exclusive again. I want to be able to "order" clothing from other players like you were able to with Festival Plaza.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
You guys ready?

I would actually enjoy it if clothing was version exclusive again. I want to be able to "order" clothing from other players like you were able to with Festival Plaza.
Please don't. Having to VIP someone with the item you want, hoping the VIP actually registers instead of the "Registration failed" message, and then just throwing dice every day hoping they'll offer you that one item you actually want. Just don't. If there was an actually reliable way to transfer them over, that's actually clearly communicated to the player how it works, and that can transfer items over in bulk (or at least not be limited to one item per day, like why? it's like being limited to one pokémon trade a day), then I'd be perfectly fine with it. But the way it was done in Alola was just horrible.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Version exclusive clothing was SO freaking dumb, especially when your favorite colors are in the game your preferred Pokemon exclusives aren't in.
I remember there was this clothing item I wanted from Moon, but EVERY time I talked to somebody with it they'd go "We have the same bag/socks/hat!"

Colors definitely shouldn't be exclusive at the very least. "Dye shops" don't cut it

Kirinriki

Double Trouble
If GameFreak isn’t going to sell only one game, then I’d like for them to make the two versions as distinct as possible because right now they’re selling two games but only using the effort it takes to make a little more than one game. Things like version exclusive gyms, towns, routes, music, and even some plot points (the evil team has different goals depending on the version, you challenge gyms in a different order, etc) would be nice. People are going to buy both versions no matter how similar they are, might as well make their purchase worth more than ten or so Pokémon.

DannyDark

People are going to buy both versions no matter how similar they are, might as well make their purchase worth more than ten or so Pokémon.

In a way, you answered yourself there.
Why put more effort into each version, especially when it arguably seems like they're not going above and beyond with the base games anyway, when people will snap both up regardless?

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I always liked the version exclusive towns in Gen V, Black City/White Forest and the two different aesthetics for Opelucid City. It would be great if future Pokemon games did this more often, giving the same town two different appearances based on the version, each with their own unique things to see and do,

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I always liked the version exclusive towns in Gen V, Black City/White Forest and the two different aesthetics for Opelucid City. It would be great if future Pokemon games did this more often, giving the same town two different appearances based on the version, each with their own unique things to see and do,
I think Galar would be perfect for this to return. Have one city be this quaint little cottage town with hanging flowers and straw roofs in one version and a steampunk industrial city in the other.

Orphalesion

Version-exclusive regions with version-exclusive stories, characters, Gyms/Totem Trials (or split them into Gyms or Totem Trials), Elite Four's, Champions etc and the best part? Once your done with the main game, your post-game will be exploring the other version-exclusive region but lacking that version exclusive story but making up for it with stronger challenges.

That would basically be the only way they'd get me to buy both versions. Or even if it was just one region, that would be completely different with a somewhat different sotry in both versions. (Like for example, the region could be tropical in one version and cold with snow in the other, or lush green in one and a dry desert in the other)They could even explain that with the cover legendaries causing the region to look that way in the respective games.