• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

what ever happened to "I'm going to be a Pokemon master"?

Prio

Remember when Ash wanted to be a Pokemon master? Now all he does is wait for Pokemon to follow him before catching them, not counting the flying ones, because he has to have something to pop TR's balloon.

uber gon

Accept Change
Remember when Ash wanted to be a Pokemon master? Now all he does is wait for Pokemon to follow him before catching them, not counting the flying ones, because he has to have something to pop TR's balloon.

The writers want to make a theme paradox.

scizor08

Back here. >.<
I think Ash will be one at the very end of the show..

Anzua2

The writers are sadistic.
They made a hero who completely sucks at doing what he wants to master and never gets any better.

I think that was just something they said to get the anime going...

ash still does want's to become a master but can you all 493 pokemon?? i don't think so. so the writer are just putting the pokemon master thing on the sidelines.

;001;-;493;

uber gon

Accept Change
Maybe it's something that can be interpreted in various ways.

PokemonTrainerLisa

Veronica Taylor fan
Actually, becoming a Pokemon Master has nothing to do with the phrase "Gotta catch 'em all"....

That phrase was just a marketing thing used for the first season of the dub and they obviously got that catch phrase from the games.

And as for Ash wanting to become a Pokemon Master, yes, he still wants to achieve that goal. He made that perfectly clear at the end of "Me, Myself, and Time".

I think at this point, the writers just aren't focusing on Ash's goal in the anime. Though I believe that eventually, probably in the second to last season (or in the last season), they will have Ash become a Pokemon Master. Of course, the obvious reason why this hasn't happened yet is - when Ash becomes a Pokemon Master, that would probably mean the end of the show. ^^o

Anyway, becoming a Pokemon Master has nothing to do with catching *one* of every Pokemon there is, but rather it means: being the world's greatest Pokemon trainer.

So yeah, a Pokemon Master is just a title or rank, for being the world's greatest trainer.

This is just another mystery of the Pokemon anime. I mean, they've never defined that term before in the anime....

Also, it's kind of funny how we all know that Ash's number one goal is to become a Pokemon Master. But as viewers of the show, we don't know what one is yet - because they haven't revealed what a Pokemon Master is, or even the requirements of how someone can achieve that title/rank. All we know about the requirements for a Pokemon Master is what Ash does - going to every region, earning all the badges, and competing in that region's league.

But besides that, what else is required for Ash to achieve this goal? There has to be something more to it than that, and I'm guessing Ash might have to defeat one (or all) of one region's Elite Four members.

Last edited:

Sir Devious

Sir Devious
Ehh... that's when he was all "OMFG YOU ARE ALL N00BS I PWN YOU ALL BOW DOWN TO BE OR I WILL OPEN UP A CAN OF WHOOP-ASH ON YOU!!1one". Now he reallly see's about lifes lessons and all that crap. Plus isn't the winner of a league called "Pokemon Master"?? That's what the announcer for the Kanto league said when it all started... Mabie he still is trying to...? IDK. I mean he DID go to the BF just to conquer it and be the BF Master... mabie he just likes adventure and to win??

Rex Kamex

I will not be surprised if in the very last episode of Pokemon, a wise old man will tell Ash that he had achieved the goal of being a Pokemon Master a long time ago due to the way he took care of his Pokemon, not giving up during his battles and training, and also helping those in need. Seriously...

Brainiac11

Champion!!
I think the series should end pretty soon. I mean its been going on for 10 straight seasons.

Cenzo

Red: True Master
GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL!

Was pretty much a dub add-on. There is no suggestion that simply catching them all makes you one.

Yeah...he does.

The nail has been hit on the head. Catching them all does not make you a master.

flyboy1308

Coming Ta Town
To be a Pokemon Master, you have to be supa crazy strong, and have a Pikachu.

Anzua2

The nail has been hit on the head. Catching them all does not make you a master.

Actually, it seems you would need to at least be a master to catch Mewtwo in the Anime, so yes, you would be a master. You probably don't have to catch them all, but doing so just proves your status.

Kazekun

In a way, I think a Pokemon Master is defined on what he/she does as a Pokemon trainer.

As for what happened to Ash wanting to be one, he definetly wants to be one still.

Jonessodaco.Chris

Is Back Finally!
hes gonna become one in the second last or final season... and he wont have all pokemon he will just use all his caught pokemon and be freakin awesome cause hes a great trainer

Kazekun

It'll probably be in the final episode of the series he gains the title of Pokemon Master, because the point of his journey is to become one, if he became one in the next to last season, there really wouldn't anymore reason to go on with the show.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
It got turned into, 'I'm gonna make more kids buy the DS!'.

Really, Pokemon is sort of a commercial for the games and systems that they go with.

Overall, much like the whole thing with the GS Ball, the writers probably just forgot about it, because they figured that the feeble minds of children would never remember it anyway.

!!!Serebii Lover!!!

Weavile/Serebii Love
I don't care if he ever becomes one because when he does the show will end and I really love the show so I don't actully want him to be a pm!