• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

what ever happened to "I'm going to be a Pokemon master"?

Black Hawk

ready to strike
ash realised he is too crap to be "the master" and gave up, just to follow the life of the average trainer xD

Rex Kamex

I don't care if he ever becomes one because when he does the show will end and I really love the show so I don't actully want him to be a pm!

You don't want Ash to fulfill his dream? (Because of that reason?)

Anzua2

I want him to fail just to see the series end on a bad note.

That, or he can go into seclusion like Red.

Kazekun

I want him to fail just to see the series end on a bad note.

That, or he can go into seclusion like Red.

Why you bein' so negative man?

well i think that his dream to "be the master" was just an ambition he had as a young trainer to get his journey going. now ash is more focused right now on training plenty of good pokemon to somewhat fulfill that goal however it isnt his main priority.

if you have seen the manaphy move or any of the episodes where pokemon rangers are in ash acts very into the whole idea of rangers and i think that someday he will become a ranger and pikachu will be his partner pokemon.

also, is ash's dad like dead or something? or is he on a journey of his own?

Shiny pokemon lover

Shiny pokemon hunter
I don't care if he ever becomes one because when he does the show will end and I really love the show so I don't actully want him to be a pm!

No, you are right if he became an pokemon master now they had to end the show. That would be to bad!

Rooreelooo

It would be funny if the series ended when Gary became a pokémon master. But yeah, I agree with MJC CartoGuy.

He will be told that being a pokémon master is not about the amount of badges you won, or the strength of your pokémon, or winning the leagues. It's about loving and having an unbreakable bond with your pokémon, as well as the heart to help those who truely need it and the courage to stand up for what's right.

I can see it now:
"But... Gary defeated the Elite 4! He became a pokémon master before me!"
"Don't you see Ash. Because of the pureness of your heart, you were born as a pokémon master."
"WOO"

Mercutio

Galaxy Master Kush
Honestly, the 'master' idea was stupid and the writers realised it. I mean, capture and record every single pokemon? Come on, that's stupid. Since for some reason nted researchers like Oak wouldn't know what a Ralts was before 3rd gen, I don't think master is an easy title to get.

Were master something like 'be at one with all of your pokemon', them Ash would get it.

YaoiLink

Prince Charming
i think ash would have been a master already if he doesnt start from scratch all the time with his pokemon @.@

Kametsou

It was a slogan that was meant for the first season. If he continued saying it, I think every one would get annoyed by it.

Leon Phelps

Don't Tread on Me
I think at this point, the writers just aren't focusing on Ash's goal in the anime. Though I believe that eventually, probably in the second to last season (or in the last season), they will have Ash become a Pokemon Master. Of course, the obvious reason why this hasn't happened yet is - when Ash becomes a Pokemon Master, that would probably mean the end of the show. ^^o
This show won't ever have a conclusion. Not even a halfassed wrap up episode. I believe that it will go unfinished to keep the show "open-ended" and "up to the viewer" like they did with the Sopranos.

Anyway, becoming a Pokemon Master has nothing to do with catching *one* of every Pokemon there is, but rather it means: being the world's greatest Pokemon trainer.

So yeah, a Pokemon Master is just a title or rank, for being the world's greatest trainer.

This is just another mystery of the Pokemon anime. I mean, they've never defined that term before in the anime....
Further evidence that this has got to be one of the worst anime shows in history. Not even the primary plot device means anything.