• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What existed first - Pokemon or Humans?

Soberheartless

Pokémon probably came first. If I recall correctly, Arceus created the universe, and from some of the myths of the Sinnoh Region, people and Pokémon were beings so similar that they ate together, and even wed. Somewhere down the line, humans further evolved and became what we consider modern day humans, and with a higher thinking capacity than the common Pokémon managed to capture and rule over them. That's my theory at least.

Arceus came first. It's egg appeared in the world of nothing. Arceus hatched from it and created the world. Then it created Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. Giratina did bad things so it was banished to the Distortion World. Groudon made the ground. Kyogre made the sea. Rayquaza may have made temperatures. Maybe not. Then Uxie,Mesprit,and Azelf were created. (Still no humans yet) Some time later, Regigigas was made. A long time after, before Regigigas went to sleep, it created Regirock,Registeel,and Regice. Then it sealed them away in Hoenn as keys to awakening Regigigas. Then many Mew were made. There were a lot. I don't really know if this is the order this happened. Many Mew transformed into Pokemon and Humans. Humans created the Brass Tower. Lightning struck it a few years later, then a fire started, and then it started to rain. Thats all i know.

Chandelurefan1

I agree with Pokémon, since Arceus created the universe thus being the first ever living entity since Arceus is a Pokémon, I say Pokémon came first

Goggled Petilil

likes maids
I'm just going to join everybody, by saying "Pokemon came first because Arceus created the world."
In the Canalave City Library, it even says that Humans evolved from Pokemon.

Blazekickblaziken

Snarktastic Ditz
I think the question itself is wrong. According to the myth that was mentioned before, humans evolved from pokemon. While I think that the myth is not necesarilly truth, the existance of that myth leads me to believe that pokemon, as a species, evolve. Especially considering Mew is the ancestor pokemon (which by the way, Mew made other pokemon in the same way that our primate ancestors made us, that is to say not at all).

So basically, before there were pidgeys there was some sort of proto-pidgey pokemon that eventually became the pidgey we know today. So yes pokemon did come "before" humans, but these pokemon weren't (save for maybe some legendaries) the same pokemon we know today, further more humans predate some pokemon species too! (Golurk, electrode, and a few others).

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I'm going to say Pokémon.

Why?

A. According to myth, Arcues created the Universe, so, how could Humans exist without the universe existing beforehand?
B. I'm pretty sure it was stated as a fact that Human's evolved from Pokémon. Congratulations! Your son, Surskit, evolved into dirkac!

Last edited:

Kim62

Hello
I think it's the Earth but with Pokemon some how coming to be on the planet. So, the Earth progressed as it would on our Earth but with Pokemon.

Plus, if know anything of how real evolution works then you would know how improbable humans evolving from Pokemon would be.

Blazekickblaziken

Snarktastic Ditz
I think it's the Earth but with Pokemon some how coming to be on the planet. So, the Earth progressed as it would on our Earth but with Pokemon.

Plus, if know anything of how real evolution works then you would know how improbable humans evolving from Pokemon would be.

You have monkeys that spit fire, micethat can electrocute you, and living stone and metal creatures and tou think it's too much of a strech to say that people evolved from pokemon?

Zephraxe

If Pokemon history is similar to actual history, then the simple answer is Pokemon came first. All of the fossil Pokemon existed hundreds of thousands of years ago while humans have existed, in our modern form, for 10,000 to 15,000 years.

Some Pokemon came into existence due to humans such as Trubbish or Magnemite.

To give a conclusive answer to the question: Pokemon did, in fact, exist before humans.

Kim62

Hello
You have monkeys that spit fire, micethat can electrocute you, and living stone and metal creatures and tou think it's too much of a strech to say that people evolved from pokemon?

Yes. In fact, it's cause this a world with all that is why it doesn't work.

If you had ten Chimchars, and one was born without the ability to breath fire, which one do you think would die first in the wild?

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Mew created Arceus, and Arceus created humans

Mew was never said to be able to create anything, and Arceus was never said to have created any living things other than the Lake and Dimensional trios.

master3019

Me gusta Flygon
You know, it's funny, seeing as the regional myths don't contradict one another. I'd think they wouldn't even be real, but Arceus had to be made some some fundies don't get butthurt. Arceus came first and created the world in a primal state. He thought it was boring, so he inhabited it with Mew. However, the world was changing, and Mew had to adapt. Thus, Mew itself is rare because it didn't adapt when other's of its kind did.

Pokemon existed first, definitely, and then apparently, as per DP/PT, humans descended from Pokemon.

Ohh boy there's something about that I wish to commend Gamefreak for, but I wouldn't say it :X

Mr. L 500

YOOM-TAH!
Well, if Arceus is the "creator" of the Pokémon world, then I'd say that Pokémon existed first.

Maetch

And how comes humans are the dominant species when pokemon are far more powerful
Who said we are? If anything, we humans are the INFERIOR species and the Pokémon know it. They let humans command them because they know we can't survive on our own, and they get food, exercise, and affection in return, so both parties benefit in their own way. It only becomes a problem when the humans take the Pokémon for granted and start trying to abuse their power, which is likely how wars and Evil Teams get formed.

Simply put, the world has always belonged to the Pokémon and still does. The humans are merely being allowed to stay out of the sympathy and guidance of the Pokémon.