• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What feature do you want in a upcoming pokemon game back/added?

championx91

Pokemon Master
What feature do you want in a upcoming pokemon game back/added? (ex vs. seeker or pokemon walks behind you)

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
This is a minor thing, but I would like to see random wild cries in routes come back. They were present in Gen III games, but haven't been used since.

Other mechanics are waiting for their respective regions to be remade, so I'm not considering them.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Trainer customization

Some form of PR video/Photo Club feature that allows you to show the world your trainer

Overworld encounters

Tradition-breaking (such as continuing to stay away from gyms)

Online feature that has a lot more to it than just being the hub for battling and trading

Will edit post when I think of more...

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
-Pokemon following/riding
-Wild Pokemon in the overworld
-Difficulty settings, this time available from the start with no strings attached
-Dexnav
-Vs. Seeker
-Friend Safari

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
I would like:

Super Training
Hyper Training
Madame Celadon or a similar person to appear, preferably either early or in the middle of the game.
Trainer Customization
Pokémon appearing in the overworld.
Ride Pokémon taking the place of HMs.

Gen82

Well I would like the Mini Game training from Gen 6 to come back. It was a simple anc controllable way to train your pokemon.

For a new feature I would like a New Game + for those who want to start over without deleting all of your pokemon. If you want to balance it out you simply won't be able to withdraw all of the pokemon until you get X amount of Gym Badges.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
How about the Key System from B2W2? But without the dumb "you need to beat the game to unlock it" because seriously, who in their right mind thought an unlockable easy mode was a good idea? Never getting over that.

And no "you need to connect to the opposite version to get both difficulties" thing, because that was also stupid. Please stop trying to make things version exclusive when they don't need to be.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
  • Eggs transferable through bank.
  • Bank updated to allow all totem-sized pokémon to be stored.
  • Faster online.
  • Better AI.
  • A proper way to get Z-crystals (don't put them all in a BP shop somewhere, have totem battles in the post-game or something).
  • Better integration of Battle Royals (like, don't show it when the player is far too low level to actually play with it a bit and then never mention it again, introduce rated battles for it).
  • Controllable camera.
  • Return of triple battles and rotation battles.
  • Improved Photo Club with larger photo rooms so you can actually move large pokémon around in there (try bringing Ho-Oh to the Alola photo club to see just how cramped it is). Multiple pokémon in the same photo. Easier to share photos online (it's a nightmare to get the photos from the 3DS to any system that can share them online). Add possibility to take photos from low angles.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Id like to see some form of the Dex Nav return.

SoS battles in SM and USUM as well as Chain Catching in LGPE were kinda like Dex Nav, but not really.

Having that visual knowledge that you were increasing your chance of not only better stats as well as better chance at shiny was great, but increasing your chance at held items, different abilities as well as egg moves was lots of fun.

Also added is and will always be NewGame+. If done right more than any other game, I would get the most miles from a NewGame+ in Pokemon.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
- Overworld Pokemon
- Following Pokemon
- Trainer customization
- PSS
- Poke Rides
- DexNav
- Rematches/Match call
- Friend Safari
All of this.

- Digging mini game from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
- Ability to be able to groom your Pokemon/interact with them
- A bit more of an open world feel
- Something that's more of a shades of grey Pokemon Game like with Pokemon Colosseum

Id like to see some form of the Dex Nav return.

SoS battles in SM and USUM as well as Chain Catching in LGPE were kinda like Dex Nav, but not really.

Having that visual knowledge that you were increasing your chance of not only better stats as well as better chance at shiny was great, but increasing your chance at held items, different abilities as well as egg moves was lots of fun.

Also added is and will always be NewGame+. If done right more than any other game, I would get the most miles from a NewGame+ in Pokemon.

Definitely. I'd love to see that in a future game as an option again.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Catchable starters. Please don't make that a LGPE exclusive thing.... growing up watching the anime I always wanted to catch starters like Ash. Plus it'd be nice to obtain the others without having to put up with GTS or other people cause let's be honest, few people that play Pokemon out of Japan actually have people to trade with.

Seeing the Pokemon before engaging in battle, definitely helps if they stupidly make new Pokemon have 5% chance of appearing again. I love the SM games but I really hate that they locked a lot of the actual new Pokemon behind that 5% wall. Made finding Mimikyu a pain in the ass the first time I played Sun, wondered if I was even in the right spot until I found out it had a 5% appearance rate. Took a hour to finally find one. -.-

Difficulty setting. Why is it whenever games introduce some new cool feature to the franchise they take it away in the next installments?

Obtaining all the Mega Stones outside of BP paywalls. Seriously that was incredibly stupid, I really hope they let us find them in the wild again. It made exploring more fun, especially in ORAS as you didn't need to wait until a certain time of day! They could do the same with z-crystals too if they return, locking those behind BP would be equally dumb.

And Pokemon followers, don't pull another HGSS. Let us have our favorite Pokemon walk alongside us once again! And riding them too!

Oh yes, and a way to get apricot pokeballs. Seriously it felt dumb that you were limited to like one each during every SM/USM run. Why can't we just buy them from some vendor like we can with the regional treats?

Paige712

These are my wishes.

1. Obvious inclusions that were ditched in Let's Go. (Catching mechanics return, Breeding, Abilities, Ev's and Items.)
2. Overworld Pokémon.
3. HM replaced
4. Following and Riding Pokémon
5. Difficulty settings but no need to unlock.
6. Decent Post game content.
7. Gym and trainer rematches.
8. Battle Frontier Emerald style. Or a World Tournament aka blk2/wh2.
9. Trainer Customization.
10. Iv Judge checkable in menu.
11. Super and Hyper Training.
12. Mythic Pokémon quests and ability to catch (I.e like pre 5th gen where they weren't just given to you.)
13. Pokémon IV and Shiny Chaining.
14. Dex Nav.
15. Nature Syncronizer or make synchronize 100% instead of 50%.
16. Triple and Rotation battles.
17. Starters have perfect Iv's.
18. Mining like in Sinnoh.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
-Swarming Pokemon
-Horde Battles
-Poke Radar being able to find non-regional Pokemon again
-Battle Frontier
-The return of the old fishing mechanic
-Safari Zone
-Triple Battles
-The expansion of the concept of Secret Techniques so that any Pokemon that looks like it can use them is usable, not just the starters (and Sky Dash and Sea Skim look tacky and unnatural when used by Pikachu/Eevee). They can also be used to smash rocks, clear whirlpools, dive, scale waterfalls and climb rocky walls. Maybe even combine them with following/riding Pokemon
-National Dex in-game, and you have to see every Pokemon in the regional Dex to unlock it again.