• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What feature do you want in a upcoming pokemon game back/added?

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I always struggled with Rotation battles because of how frustratingly unpredictable they are. One Pokemon is weak to my starter, I rotate my starter up front, but the opponent rotates to a Pokemon that resists it, so my starter takes some super-effective damage it didn't need to, I swap out to something that can counter this second Pokemon, only for the first one to rotate back around! The whole thing is too much of a pain and I hope it never returns, but by comparison Triple battles were fairly straightforward because you can simply adjust your team to face whichever of the opponent's three Pokemon they counter the best.

Frostfall

I would like to see the return of Mega evolutions or turn those forms into a permanent evolution for those Pokemon. Balancing as they go as they would probably be overpowered to be a permanent evolution with their original boost. Having pokemon follow you around is something I would love. I keep hoping that if they limit the dex, that they will add that back in as that is less overall pokemon to have to animate for the follow. I would also like them to bring back secret bases. I really enjoyed the customization aspect of it. Your character has a home, which feels good to have a place in the world rather than only being a wanderer, but it's not as much yours (the player's) if you can't customize even your room.

JW1004

beside the VSseeker and rebattling gymleaders post-game
I would say a proper Post-game? Idk to call it a 'feature' but I would love something like the Sevvii islands, the area of Sinnoh or Kanto in gen II to happen. (I don't expect something as big as the latter but yeah)
I don't like how we only got a few locked off parts in some regions the past gens, I would like a bit more 'suprise' in that sense. Like in Leafgreen/Firered you knew about island 1, 2, 3, but there were some updates there and additional islands to discover.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I'd like to see Triple & Rotation Battles but I'd also like to see a new battle format since we haven't had one since Gen 5.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I'd like to see Triple & Rotation Battles but I'd also like to see a new battle format since we haven't had one since Gen 5.
We're not getting a new format. Only change compared to Alola is that Royals get cut, there's just singles and doubles left.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
We're not getting a new format. Only change compared to Alola is that Royals get cut, there's just singles and doubles left.
Oh yeah... I forgot about that. Actually come to think of that boss-battle whatever it's called is a new battle format but I want something more on the PvP side of things.

mozao

this wasn't in my horoscope
I would reeeally love to have back that HGSS feature with a photographer in various places that can take a picture of you and your team and it gets saved in a cute album. it would fit nicely now because the photos could be sent to social media via Switch photo album

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
I don’t know if this qualifies as a feature, but I think Normal-type Pokémon should receive a x1.75% STAB to their Normal-type moves in Gen 8. Normal has no advantages offensively (outside of coverage in specific circumstances), so a 25% bump would help the disparity between normal offense and other types. Normal still has the defensive advantage with one weakness and one immunity. So, true to their nature, a slight boost to offense would help keep them well rounded.

I just want to see this type do as well as it did in the first Gen, but that may be a pipe dream with so much competition.

Arraya

I'd honestly like for them to add Pokemon Contests again and make it something big, like going and collecting Ribbons to mimic the anime. So similar to the Gym, but for performances. The Halls could be located in those towns that have no Gyms so people always have something to do in each individual town. Then the last Ribbon could be a massive competition with advanced AI performances, to make it a challenge.

Just make it alternate, so people who hate it don't feel forced.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I always struggled with Rotation battles because of how frustratingly unpredictable they are. One Pokemon is weak to my starter, I rotate my starter up front, but the opponent rotates to a Pokemon that resists it, so my starter takes some super-effective damage it didn't need to, I swap out to something that can counter this second Pokemon, only for the first one to rotate back around! The whole thing is too much of a pain and I hope it never returns, but by comparison Triple battles were fairly straightforward because you can simply adjust your team to face whichever of the opponent's three Pokemon they counter the best.

To the contrary, I think they were entirely about prediction. In that scenario, it sounds like your opponents were able to outguess you at every turn. There were all these Japanese players I encountered who could do exactly that, but at the same time, I learned a lot about Rotation Battle thinking playing against them. You also can't put in a team meant for single battling and expect to win against a team made specifically for Rotation Battles. Namely, Protect is just as important a move in Rotations as they are in Doubles, but you have to consider that the Protect/Detect/Endure counter is separate for all three of your Pokémon on the field, meaning youcan use it on consecutive turns on consecutive Pokémon but at the cost of being locked out of using it on consecutive turns.

Also, the AI is a dirty rotten cheater in Rotation Battles.

I would like to see the return of Mega evolutions or turn those forms into a permanent evolution for those Pokemon. Balancing as they go as they would probably be overpowered to be a permanent evolution with their original boost.

The deal with Mega Evolutions is that the Mega Stone already occupies the item slot, so they're balanced out by not being able to hold any other item. Allowing a Mega Pokémon to hold an item is what put Mega Rayquaza into Anything Goes.

I don’t know if this qualifies as a feature, but I think Normal-type Pokémon should receive a x1.75% STAB to their Normal-type moves in Gen 8. Normal has no advantages offensively (outside of coverage in specific circumstances), so a 25% bump would help the disparity between normal offense and other types. Normal still has the defensive advantage with one weakness and one immunity. So, true to their nature, a slight boost to offense would help keep them well rounded.

I just want to see this type do as well as it did in the first Gen, but that may be a pipe dream with so much competition.

Normal-type attacks are resisted by so few Pokémon that they're reliable general-use moves, at least when put onto Normal-type Pokémon. For these reasons, I think they're fine the way they are.

Well, there's also the fact that the Normal-type exists in the games as both the control and as a way for beginners to ease into the battling system (though this has been slightly undermined in games where Fighting-types get introduced earlier). It's also an early-game crutch type, since a lot of games throw Rock-type trainers early on, who are there to force you to diversify your team. If the Normal-type needs a power boost, I think it should be via an item, like the Normal Gem, to allow for greater customization and to not make the early-game Pokémon too powerful.

Frostfall

The deal with Mega Evolutions is that the Mega Stone already occupies the item slot, so they're balanced out by not being able to hold any other item. Allowing a Mega Pokémon to hold an item is what put Mega Rayquaza into Anything Goes.

Ah, I must not have communicated what I was thinking well enough. I was hoping they would bring the mega forms back as they were, but I know they don't want to have the mega evolutions in the games so I was thinking that having them be a permanent stage or alternate evolution to the pokemon that had the mega forms might be a possibility. However, doing that wouldn't require an item to be held at all times, hence the re-balancing as they wouldn't be item locked. Sir Fetched shows that they don't seem to mind adding new evolutions on occasion, hence my hope they will bring those forms back in some way shape or form.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Ah, I must not have communicated what I was thinking well enough. I was hoping they would bring the mega forms back as they were, but I know they don't want to have the mega evolutions in the games so I was thinking that having them be a permanent stage or alternate evolution to the pokemon that had the mega forms might be a possibility. However, doing that wouldn't require an item to be held at all times, hence the re-balancing as they wouldn't be item locked. Sir Fetched shows that they don't seem to mind adding new evolutions on occasion, hence my hope they will bring those forms back in some way shape or form.

I don't think megas are gone for good just because they aren't available in SwSh.

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
I think it's a good thing that Megas and Z-Moves won't come back in SwSh, with their gimmick that they have, mixing them with Dyna/Gigantamaxing would easily make 'mons overpowered to an absolutely broken degree. (And some Megas are already Broken as is in game and in meta, Mega Metagross anyone? Imagine that Dynamaxed, and using a Z Move, three turns or not that's still a temporarily broken 'mon. >.>)

As for me, really, I had been hoping we keep something akin to Amie/Refresh and Pelago and since the Camps/Jobs are basically the successor for that I think I'm pretty satisfied and have my wants answered.

The only other thing I wanted is Pokemon Following you but that's only but a pipe dream now at this point. IK LGPE brought it back but that's because they stuck with the original 151 and I hate Kanto so lol.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
The only other thing I wanted is Pokemon Following you but that's only but a pipe dream now at this point. IK LGPE brought it back but that's because they stuck with the original 151 and I hate Kanto so lol.
In LGPE, I really associated the ability for Pokémon to follow you with the ability for GF to draw overworld sprites with the wild mons. Since wild overworld mons are happening again in SwSh, I have no idea why exactly they can't follow you.

captainfez3

The Chill Trainer
Contests. I cannot remember what it was called in HG/SS but those minigames where you could earn stuff by playing soccer and other stuff. Granted, playing them for rewards got kind of mindnumbing, but I appreciate non-combat related competitions in Pokemon, especially since it helps to build the universe and immersion, because Pokemon obviously are used for a lot more than just battles.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
As for me, really, I had been hoping we keep something akin to Amie/Refresh and Pelago and since the Camps/Jobs are basically the successor for that I think I'm pretty satisfied and have my wants answered.

I'm certain they'll keep an equivalent to Pokémon Amie/Pokémon Refresh, which is likely the camping. After all, they need to provide you with a way to evolve Eevee into Sylveon.