• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What feature do you want in a upcoming pokemon game back/added?

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Super unpopular opinion, but I wouldn’t mind being able to level from catching Pokémon like we did in Let’s Go.
You also get exp from catching in Alola games... it's fairly standard by now I guess.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I actually kinda agree with the gaining experience from captures. In many cases, you're still battling the Pokemon almost to it fainting. Not to mention the money spent on pokeballs and the effort to make sure the target of capture doesn't faint.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I’d love for Pokémon to appear in the overworld.
No more HMs, with Secret Techniques replacing them.
100 TMs back with maybe a few new ones, and many TMs changed
Love to see trainer customization with not just warm weather clothing
Contests
A Friend Safari type area
Connectivity with Pokémon Go, Pokémon Let’s Go and Pokémon Bank.
Exp gain for all Pokémon after battles like in Let’s Go with this replacing Exp Share
Gyms
Live music tracks in the soundtrack like in some of the Pokémon games (maybe a track played by Tomoaki Oga’s band)
An option to change the difficulty
Pokémon Center and PokéMart being separate buildings.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
That is my problem with Pokemon let go pikachu and eevee

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I actually kinda agree with the gaining experience from captures. In many cases, you're still battling the Pokemon almost to it fainting. Not to mention the money spent on pokeballs and the effort to make sure the target of capture doesn't faint.

I've actually had the same thought about gaining Exp for using moves. They would have to adjust the amount of exp you get, but it kinda makes sense.

FFTA did this and I believe some other SRPGs do as well. It's kinda like with every action your Pokemon makes they gain should gain some exp, and then the actual act of capturing/beating them would get you a larger amount.

It make the process of training feel more involved I feel. Plus if they ever opted to include mid battle evolution as a thing then imagine getting that one hit in on a strong Pokemon, then suddenly your Pokemon evolves, learns a new more powerful move, and that helping you take out the foe.

ebevan91

I really liked the DexNav from ORAS. I'd like to have that back.

And the VS Seeker. Or any reliable way to rematch trainers.

Last edited:

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
So here is another idea from a convo I was just having, let me know what y'all think.

K first and foremost this idea allows for several more things to happen not just in the middle of battle (as in between different Pokemon) but also in the middle of battle with the same Pokemon. Namely it allows for exp to be gain, moves to be learned, evolution to happen all in the middle of a battle.

What if we re-think the exp system to allow for exp to be gained by every attack be it offensive or defensive. Like we would have to prob rethink how much exp you get for everything, but with this you could gain experience, possibly level up and learn a more powerful move, maybe even evolve just from using an attack.

Like I said experience point distrib system would need to be rethought. But you could gain experience for every action and then a bigger chunk for actually beating a Pokemon or capturing.

And in the end I think it feel more like you are training your Pokemon. Plus even if it isn't strong enough to make it through a whole battle it still gains experience for all that it did.

Thoughts?

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think it's best to leave that feature in the LGPE series. There will likely be more games coming in the next few years.
Yeah. I think that these games will keep the traditional wild battles instead of using GO's capture system.

LesVegetables

I would like:
Expanded trainer customization
I wouldn’t mind ditching the trials for going to gym system. If we must have trials I wouldn’t mind mixing them in with the gym system.
Dexnav would be nice again
I would also like to have the National Dex incorporated back into the game not just bank.
Follow/riding Pokémon
More post-game content
Making Megas prevalent again
Difficulty System
Friend Safari

Gen82

I would like a building a city just like in breath of fire 2. Having different pokemon in the city would also have an effect on the layout. For example having a Machoke or Gurdurr would make the building bigger. More water or ice pokemon would create more ponds or snow around the town.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I think i said this before Sun and moon came out but i want the weather system from Black and White back. Mostly to form change Deerling and Sawsbuck

and bring back the Battle Frontier :D Was disappointed when ORAS left it out.

Ultra Beast Lover

No more HM slaves, it was a dumb feature that limited our teams to four-five Pokemon for too long. Just let us do what we did in LGPE and ride a Pokemon to get us around obstacles.

Following Pokemon.

Memory link, maybe have it let us rewatch cutscenes or see certain character backstories.

VS seeker, my favorite thing for training.

More customization, seriously we have people with blue, pink, green etc., hair but our character has normal hair colors and relatively normal hairstyles? I want the option of being an anime character with like five different streaks and I want to pick where I want these streaks and how big I want them to be.

I like Pokemon Amie/Refresh, not sure if I like the healing mechanic as that might make things too easy for other players but I want this to return and maybe even be revamped with toys, books, other Pokemon interactions, bed etc,. Maybe make it like a resort we teleport to via menu option.

Soaring

Something we can send our boxed mons to, I dunno about everyone else but I always felt bad when I'd box a Pokemon who I knew in story loved people, was a gift, or a legendary who's important to the world. That all changed with Poke Pelago, where I knew they'd have fun and I could put them to work without removing them from the box.