• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What feature do you want in a upcoming pokemon game back/added?

KillerDraco

I wouldn't mind it if they just removed the influence natures have on stats entirely, and leave nature's effects solely on their personality and animations in Refresh. There's no in-universe reason why a nature would influence a pokémon's stats.

I mean at this point I doubt that's going away. Pretty sure they tie the min-maxing to Nature just for convenience to have something that's easily visible. I mean, considering all the gripes about how difficulty it was to calculate IVs/EVs over the years, having a simple "X nature = Y stat changes" was definitely easier on your average trainer.

I'd hope that SOS battles go away, and they bring back Horde Battles toggled by Sweet Scent. It really made being able to rush to 252 EVs in a short amount of time a non-factor; Sweet Scent, Multi-Target Attack, 50+ EVs gained. I also had terrible luck with SOS so this may be biasing my decision; I'd constantly get reinforcements when I didn't want them (i.e., catching), but when I did want them? Nobody would appear. Like, even when they'd attempt to summon reinforcements, the attempt would fail.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I mean at this point I doubt that's going away. Pretty sure they tie the min-maxing to Nature just for convenience to have something that's easily visible. I mean, considering all the gripes about how difficulty it was to calculate IVs/EVs over the years, having a simple "X nature = Y stat changes" was definitely easier on your average trainer.

I'd hope that SOS battles go away, and they bring back Horde Battles toggled by Sweet Scent. It really made being able to rush to 252 EVs in a short amount of time a non-factor; Sweet Scent, Multi-Target Attack, 50+ EVs gained. I also had terrible luck with SOS so this may be biasing my decision; I'd constantly get reinforcements when I didn't want them (i.e., catching), but when I did want them? Nobody would appear.
I know it's unlikely they'll change that. It's mostly that nature is just an additional thing to get right for a pokémon right now and can be a bit annoying for certain pokémon (like legendaries, if you want to experiment with different builds or tactics but you can only get one of them)

As far as EV training goes in Alola, I've been using the bouncy houses mostly. It's a bit of an investment and chore to get the full set of 5-star bouncy houses but it completely trivialises EV training to any spread, it takes like 2 minutes per pokémon no matter what spread. And in USUM getting FC is trivial as well with how much FC you get from interacting with guests. I don't think I've actively EV trained on battles at all so far, and I do quite a bit of battle spot action.

KillerDraco

On that note though, I'd love for them to bring back the PSS or any kind of improved multiplayer interface. Going from the PSS in X and Y to Festival Plaza was probably like the biggest downgrade in the sense of ease of connecting with friends and random players. I don't mind the Join Avenue type functions of Festival Plaza, but I'd keep it separate. It made connecting with other players largely convoluted.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I've never played the gen 6 games so I don't really know what I'm missing there. I do have some issues with Plaza (like how long Game Sync takes, how RNG-dependent progressing the facilities is, and how poorly the games explain everything on Plaza), but battling and trading does seem fine.

KillerDraco

Basically PSS could be displayed at all times on the bottom screen; you didn't have to warp to a new area. It would populate lists of current random players who were online, and lists of all your friends who were online, so you could just select them from the field, you didn't have to look them up or ping them.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Didn't that have the issue of random people sending you trade or battle requests all the time though? I already get annoyed by that at times when I'm online at Plaza. Also, I think the Switch only has one screen, or can you use the Switch screen like a bottom screen when it's docked? So you use the Switch as a hand-held controller and dock it through a cable? So your Switch would be the bottom screen and the TV would be the main screen?

KKS-Lapras

I know many people will jump down my throat at this suggestion, but I do think, with as many Pokemon as we now have, allowing for Pokemon to have a third type isn't a stretch.

Yes, it would complicate weakness/strength/immunity aspect of the game, but at some point, I do think it's inevitable and an obvious change.

Ultra Beast Lover

I dunno about three types but maybe more dual type moves? Other than that how about that video thing from XY, it was a lot of fun but really limited. I remember making some pretty fun videos.

Creyk

I know many people will jump down my throat at this suggestion, but I do think, with as many Pokemon as we now have, allowing for Pokemon to have a third type isn't a stretch.

Yes, it would complicate weakness/strength/immunity aspect of the game, but at some point, I do think it's inevitable and an obvious change.

There are still so many type combinations they didn't utilize (ice/bug, bug/dragon etc.) so for this reason I don't think they would go for that at this time. They just put in those moves that give the pokemon another type temporarily.

KKS-Lapras

There are still so many type combinations they didn't utilize (ice/bug, bug/dragon etc.) so for this reason I don't think they would go for that at this time. They just put in those moves that give the pokemon another type temporarily.

One thing I've considered though, if they introduce a three type system, a lot of old Pokemon could get typing updates. Decidueye for example could get it's Flying type back. Charizard could outright gain Dragon type. Noctowl could gain Psychic type. Tentacruel could gain Dark type. Those are just a few examples.

Ultra Beast Lover

I think a lot of us can agree that Charizard doesn't need anymore power. I hope that we can have soaring with Metang, it looks so cool in the anime. If not then maybe we can soar on other Pokemon like Dragonite. Maybe the ability to see and visit at least one of our Pokemon in the daycare. Oh and Pokemon dream world only it's in game and doesn't require wifi, it just makes things more fun.

derekrandall

I want contests to be a mainline feature. I really do not like that GF decided to keep that as a R/S exclusive.
This! I always loved contests, seeing them in a stadium with switch graphics sounds super cool! I’d also like to see the return of post-game second region (in this case Kalos)! I also hope for plenty of online and multiplayer options!

Litleonid

Things don't look so good for the one feature I really want. I want following Pokemon to return, but nothing in the first trailer showed that this was happening. The system clearly can handle this feature since it did just fine in Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee.

aerial_ace

my biggest feature i have been dying to see is custom online battle rules!! It is 8th gen and we still don't have a simple way to have 6v6 battle with someone! Battle spot where you can choose what format you want to play( singles triples doubles rotation etc) what pokemon are allowed ( non box legendaries mythical etc) and how many pokemon are used per battle would be my ideal online feature.
Talking about online they absolutely must improve on gen 7 awful online hub. Because how bad it was i really didnt spend a lot time playing other people which is usually my favourite thing post game. I don't mind warping to a dedicated hub when you want to play online but festival plaza was just dreadful. It was difficult to find and add friends, took forever to sync and my biggest issue is it disconnected you from internet as soon as you left making it time consuming to prepare for battle/trade.
I hope in sword and shield we will be given a mobile phone type device and once connected to the online hub it stays connected and u get a notification if someone wants to battle or trade similar to how pss worked with an option to mute the notification so it doesnt affect your gameplay if you dont want to battle or trade.

mtqc

MY BEANS!
Things don't look so good for the one feature I really want. I want following Pokemon to return, but nothing in the first trailer showed that this was happening. The system clearly can handle this feature since it did just fine in Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee.

This is echoing my feelings :( it was so exciting to see it in Let's Go, but I feel like they're only going to be using that feature in the LG games "to differentiate" as they always say... it's so obnoxious imo.

I'd also love to see some type of contests return like a bunch of others have said! Side-quests like that always took up loads of time for me in the early games like RSE.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Can we keep the Poke Pelago? Everything is way easier to train that way especially once you get the training island to its max of 18 Pokemon at once. I don't care whether or not Pokémon follow, that's just an extra thing.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Keep S.O.S battles but I highly doubt they’re staying

mtqc

MY BEANS!
Can we keep the Poke Pelago? Everything is way easier to train that way especially once you get the training island to its max of 18 Pokemon at once. I don't care whether or not Pokémon follow, that's just an extra thing.

This would be really nice to have back, especially for EV training. I'm too lazy to go the battling route for that stuff, so this feature made things way easier for me.