• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What feature do you want in a upcoming pokemon game back/added?

Orphalesion

Can we keep the Poke Pelago? Everything is way easier to train that way especially once you get the training island to its max of 18 Pokemon at once. I don't care whether or not Pokémon follow, that's just an extra thing.

And in Galar it shall be called "The Pokemon Shire"

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I want the option of evolving Cubone, Pikachu, and Exeggcute to their Alolan counterparts, rather than getting Alolan forms separately like in "Let's Go."

They could either:
A. Make an Alolan like area where you can achieve.
B. Create an Alolan held item that will evolve them into Alolan forms.

SueChef

Old dog, new tricks!
These would be my top returning features

DexNav
VS. Seeker
Seasons
Secret Base

Last edited:

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
A mode where you raise Pokemon as pets. I've been wanting something like that for a long time. Only select Pokemon (those based on animals that are typically owned as pets) would be used for this mode.

I've also wanted a Nintendogs-like game but with Pokemon as the pets.

SoulRebel726

I love to see Poke Pelago back, but somehow incorporated into the regular map. I enjoyed progressing the islands EV training and berry farming was great. It would be even cooler if we could build something like that in our hometown or something instead of a remote location.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
Unpopular opinion: I would like for poison to affect your pokémon outside of battles again. I don't think there ever was anything as exhilarating in the series as rushing to a center knowing your pokémon were losing HP at every step you took.

Obviously, for that to work, they would need to remove the option of healing poison from the refresh.

SoulRebel726

Unpopular opinion: I would like for poison to affect your pokémon outside of battles again. I don't think there ever was anything as exhilarating in the series as rushing to a center knowing your pokémon were losing HP at every step you took.

Obviously, for that to work, they would need to remove the option of healing poison from the refresh.

I can agree with that. Refresh complete trivializes any status effect outside of combat. You don't even need to use items anymore!

Edit: And I know poison was the only one that did anything, but at least before I had to occasionally use a full heal or something after combat.

DaijobuPlease

I dont know if anyone has said this yet but I want Seasons back it would make variants and forms a lot more appealing, have you playing the game a lot more to catch pokemon in season. (It might be back seeing how there is a scene that has beach chairs by the water but the land is frozen... but thats an odd stretch lol) As well as accessing different locations from melted snow, or by snow is pretty interesting to add to your adventure.

DMB1985

I want to see Dex Nav return. Some of it was junk like the news items but being able to search for specific wild Pokémon in the hope of getting hidden abilities and egg moves helped make breeding so much easier.

PSS also needs to return. Having the online features stuck in the Festival Plaza was a stupid idea.

As for Refresh, I hope that never returns.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Conquest - style battles where the Pokemon have all 4 moves and their normal Abilities.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Based on trailer:

Things I am happy are back: gyms
Things I am sad are gone: overworld Pokémon
Things I am sad seem likely to be gone: following Pokémon

Things that are not confirmed either way that I would like to be back: seasons, the LGPE-style box, Secret Techniques (but make the trainer use them), triple and rotation battles, some degree of non-linearity (in Black 2 especially i remember being able to go fairly off the "correct" path, at least traversing an entire route before I was stopped, usually by a bunch of dancing guys blocking the path lol

-Pokemon following you

I was hoping for wild Pokemon visible in the overworld but that went down the drain

based on wild overworld being gone, I think following is gone as well (or else they would have the models for wild overworld)

Actually hide items in bins, I want to be rewarded for checking every bin in the region, and not feel like some sort of trash goblin shunned by society.

Yeah for real! I remember in Black 2 only the one woman who said something like "what are you doing in my trash" in Humilau City was the only one that had anything lol

Creyk

I dont know if anyone has said this yet but I want Seasons back it would make variants and forms a lot more appealing, have you playing the game a lot more to catch pokemon in season. (It might be back seeing how there is a scene that has beach chairs by the water but the land is frozen... but thats an odd stretch lol) As well as accessing different locations from melted snow, or by snow is pretty interesting to add to your adventure.

This would be nice. The reason I don't think it will happen is because we have a designated cold area where they can stash the ice types. If there was going to be a winter then the ice types would just come out all over the land periodically, but this way they make them available in a different way.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Secret Techniques (but make the trainer use them)
?Why do we need seeing the Trainers use them when the franchise is called "Pokemon", not "Pokemon Trainers"? That being said, I'd love the concept to be expanded upon and look more natural than Eevee/Pikachu using Sky Dash/Sea Skim and the corresponding field obstacles to be used as roadblocks again, instead of random NPCs that just conveniently disappear once you finish your task.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
The slot machines? I had a fun time with these back in RBY games, but I know they won't reappear again because of their controversial features which are related to gambling.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
There's some postgame stuff that I'd like but it probably at least won't happen until the sequels. For this one I'd like the PSS 0r similar to come back since its more convenient than Festival Plaza.

raichu27

• Pokemon following me.
  • The mail feature like in G/S/C.
  • Phone feature like in G/S/C.
  • Bicycle
  • Moves like Dig, Bubblebeam, Mimic, Tri Attack, Dragonbreath, Dive, Pay Day, and to name a few... to come back as a TM or Move Tutor.
  • Rematches
  • Trainer Customization
  • The apricot balls from G/S/C.

to name a few...

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Can we get a way to make all the Apricorn balls again? Their designs are unique. Or perhaps could we design our own Pokeball? Like the Seals from Gen IV but further beyond.

The slot machines? I had a fun time with these back in RBY games, but I know they won't reappear again because of their controversial features which are related to gambling.
New gambling laws took effect in the EU so they had to change it because the increased rating had impacted their sales.