• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What feature do you want in a upcoming pokemon game back/added?

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I think our TMs will change since they did in LGPE.
I think we’ll get the following as TMs
The former HMs
Headbutt
Air Slash
Hydro Pump
Liquidation
Lunge
Night Slash
Dragon/Dark/Water Pulse
Aura Sphere
Brave Bird

Ultra Beast Lover

I'd like a phone type feature, sure it wasn't completely needed but it was fun to have. It's honestly more of a roleplaying thing for me, something to let us keep in touch with our mom and friends.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
How about compatibility with Amiibo? When you scan a non-Pokemon one, you can challenge that character to a Pokemon battle, with many characters having teams based on a certain theme (Ice Climbers having a team of Ice-types and Water-types based primarily on polar animals for example).

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
  • Pokemon following me.
  • The mail feature like in G/S/C.
  • Phone feature like in G/S/C.
  • Bicycle
  • Moves like Dig, Bubblebeam, Mimic, Tri Attack, Dragonbreath, Dive, Pay Day, and to name a few... to come back as a TM or Move Tutor.
  • Rematches
  • Trainer Customization
  • The apricot balls from G/S/C.
to name a few...
I agree with all of these except the phone feature. I don't need something like phone calls or rotom-dex nagging at me every six seconds while I'm trying to iv breed or whatever. I would like a fame checker and/or a less obtrusive way to get rematches.

It would be cool if they expanded on the apricorn pokeballs and let players cusomise pokeballs for specific types of pokemon by gathering certain materials. The pokeballs could all look different when people battled each other online too.

I'd also like it if they had move tutors or events for really obscure moves like the XD and Colosseum purification moves or moves from old events. Last generation Zigzagoon got ESpeed as an egg move. Before that the only people who could use it were people who gen'd their pokemon or those who transferred it through about four games in two consoles to get it from Pokemon Box. It was actually quite an important move because ESpeed Belly Drum Zigzagoon can be devastating in little cup.

I don't hate people who gen pokemon. Especially if they're not using hacked pokemon against legit ones in official competitions. But its annoying when people who gen their pokemon can use things like Helping Hand Sableye or Follow Me Magmar. You just know that those pokemon didn't come all the way up from a gamecube with the right nature before getting EV and hyper training.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
The Poke Radar from GenVI! Definitely the most beneficial tool we’ve received. Also, the Judge in the PC has become my favorite of this Gen. No more Rare Candies and online calcs.

I have learned to love Poke Pelago because I’m a 45+ hour a week dude, and when I’m at work it does the grinding for me. So maybe another working man’s system similar to Pelago in Galar. All those green foothills are bound to have caves, fields and sh!t to crawl across. My request is no more SOS Battles; I’d rather have Horde Battles or Grottos back than anymore SOS Battles.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
?Why do we need seeing the Trainers use them when the franchise is called "Pokemon", not "Pokemon Trainers"? That being said, I'd love the concept to be expanded upon and look more natural than Eevee/Pikachu using Sky Dash/Sea Skim and the corresponding field obstacles to be used as roadblocks again, instead of random NPCs that just conveniently disappear once you finish your task.

so that we're not forced to carry around our starter

anjunajake

you were the sun & moon to me
The biggest thing I want to see is the return of the PSS system. That made online and multi battles so easy an convenient. The festival plaza was by far the worst thing to happen to the online battle aspect of the game. Terrible terrible feature.

Aetius

I'd like for all the previous mechanics to come back, but since that won't surely be the case, then at least I wish that GF could add the possibility to have BO3 battles in the Battle Spot.
It would make a fine training ground for the competitive.

derekrandall

I'd like a phone type feature, sure it wasn't completely needed but it was fun to have. It's honestly more of a roleplaying thing for me, something to let us keep in touch with our mom and friends.

I like the idea of bringing back the phone! It was also cool when trainers called you for re-matches, that was always fun and nice getting extra xp and seeing their Pokémon grow and whatevs. I already mentioned it a few pages back but bring back contests too! That would be epic ❤️

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
I already mentioned it a few pages back but bring back contests too! That would be epic
YES. I would like to see Contests return. They were fun and something else to do.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Contests and/or musicals returning (under a different name even though it’s fundamentally the same thing. You know Game Freak). I always had a lot of fun figuring out what moves to use, their appeals, etc. It was a nice break from the main plot. They could spice things up a bit by adding in battles like the anime, but having them not as focused on beating trainers than on choosing the best and most appealing moves. Could make for interesting gameplay.

Also! The PokéNav Plus’s trainer search feature. Grinding was made instantly easier when you could just fire it up and see which trainers could be rematched in the area. Honestly, taking out a lot of the PokéNav’s features was one of Gen 7’s biggest mistakes.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Oh, I really enjoyed generation III contests. I doubt that would bring them back in a more specifically identical fashion (pun intended), but some sort of side-activity close to those contests would be nice.
Of course I can see GF including some new sort of side-activity with little or no similarities to contests, but given their development of Sword and Shield, I can see GF choosing something new and putting emphasis into it. (I also doubt that such contests would also not be included in addition to something new, but that would be nice also.)

kingferret53

A duel well fought..
I'd like to see rematches as a thing again. And the DeX-nav from ORAS. More mega-evolutions. More unique evolutions.

Things I don't want to see? Z-moves and the rotom DeX. Seriously almost ruined gen vi for me.

TogeWing

I recently played Ultra Sun, and I have to say, I did not care for the parts in which you are forced to use a feature of the Rotom Dex. Hopefully they get rid of stuff like that.

Cool Rafe

Cold & Anti-social
I always felt GF should keep bringing back old stuff that fans enjoyed into newer generations while adding new features on top of them. Here's what I'd like to see in the upcoming games,

- Pokémon Contest (with some new stuff, whatever they can think of)
- Secret Bases (always enjoyed decorating them)
- DexNav (Why stop this in Gen 7 though?)
- PokeGear / VS Seeker / Trainers' Eye (Dislike the fact we couldn't get any rematch in XY and the Gen 7 games)
- Berry plantation similar to ORAS

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I want to see the Pokemon's avatars on the HP bars, a feature not seen since Colosseum and I think Battle Revolution.

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
Features I'd like to return/continue to be in the games:
No HMs (thank you, Gen 7 for taking them away and thank you LGPE for keeping them out)
Pokemon Following you
Riding Pokemon
Mega Evolutions
Difficulty Settings before you start the game, can change them at any time if need be
Seasons
Pokemon Refresh
PSS (nothing like Festival Plaza again)
Safari Zone!!
Secret Bases or Underground (though I suspect the latter will be in DP remakes)
The ability to sit on things like furniture!! (thank you, Gen 6)
Okay, adding to this list:
Contests
Battle Frontier of some kind
Pokeradar for shiny hunting
VS Seeker/rematch Trainers
The Dex features in ORAS that showed you when you caught all Pokemon in the Route and alerted you to unique (read: those with unusual moves) Pokemon
The option to use LGPE's Pokemon storage in the field if you want

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
I recently played Ultra Sun, and I have to say, I did not care for the parts in which you are forced to use a feature of the Rotom Dex. Hopefully they get rid of stuff like that.
I liked hearing from Rotom every now and then. Especially some of the lines after I added new mons to the dex.
But I didn't need it to keep butting into the dramatic scenes that were meant to be taken seriously. I also didn't appreciate it Navi-ing me.

Ultra Beast Lover

I liked hearing from Rotom every now and then. Especially some of the lines after I added new mons to the dex.
But I didn't need it to keep butting into the dramatic scenes that were meant to be taken seriously. I also didn't appreciate it Navi-ing me.
Agreed, as I said before I don't mind video game helpers. They're there to help and to be our friend on long journeys. However Pokemon, to my knowledge, never had one single video game helper. Mystery Dungeon I guess had your partner and at least Guardian Signs had your styler device be the video game helper but the main series never had one. That topped with USUM having Rotom dex decide to give useless advice kind of makes Rotom Dex even more annoying at least in my opinion.

Creyk

If pokemon amie returns (which it probably will) I want them to give us the option to tickle pokemon. It is just totally unrealistic that you get to caress all these pokemon and none of them are ticklish. It would be nice if they improved the AI of the game enough that the pokemon was able to interact with us a bit more, like wave when he sees us or try to give a hug.