• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What feature do you want in a upcoming pokemon game back/added?

The thing I want to get back is the Pokemon World Tournament with the Gym Leaders, E4 members and important characters from different generations! But I'd also like to see a Pelago kind of thing that makes it easy to train your Pokemon's EV's. It made me capable of enjoying this franchise's multiplayer for the first time!!

1. World Tournament
2. Poke Pelago
3. Trainers use different types of PKMN
4. Trainer Customization, not just clothes but also faces, skin colour and hair styles/colours
5. All pokemon are catchable
6. Interacting with my Pokemon

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
I hate horde battles with a burning passion. Sky battles to me were underutilized and a pretty fun concept; I’d like to see them return but I actually want to be able to fly this time (not just encounter Sky Trainers on land and boom we’re in the air for a battle) .

I thought SOS battles were interesting and decently challenging so with a little tweaking, I think those could return.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Megastones and Z-moves can be activated in the bag instead of letting Pokémon holding them

This would make Megas too OP by letting them still be holding an item even while being Mega

DannyDark

Been playing through Alpha Sapphire recently.. by God, was the Dex Nav an incredible feature that I hope returns.
That, alongside rebattling trainers after a certain amount of time has passed, too.

In terms of new features.. Just a couple of quality of life things.

- Make the Fishing Rod an equip item, akin to a bike, just so you don't have to go through the animation of getting it out and putting it away every time.
- Have the ability to toggle on/off an option on every Pokemon that prevents evolution. Basically making the everstone a feature instead of a held item.

Acer11

This would be an odd thing I'm going to say and this has nothing to do with game mechanics, but one thing I would like in future Pokemon games is voice-overs for Pokemon, replacing the cries that the main Pokemon games have. Though, at first, it would be just Japanese voices. But it would help on how to pronounce the names. As I said, its kind of a ridiculous idea.

BlackButterfree

• Cross-generational Evolution like in generations 2-4 and 6. I need more three-stage families.
  • Mega Evolutions/Primal Reversions/Battle Bond Transformations
  • Regional Variants
  • Something like Pokémon Pelago where you see all of your boxed Pokémon having fun instead of being stored in cyber prisons.
  • Triple/Rotation/Sky/Horde Battles
  • Team Photos from HG/SS
  • Following Pokémon from LGPE
  • The Legendary catch mechanic from LGPE where you faint the Pokémon before being able to catch it. The way it's always been in the anime.

Creyk

This would be an odd thing I'm going to say and this has nothing to do with game mechanics, but one thing I would like in future Pokemon games is voice-overs for Pokemon, replacing the cries that the main Pokemon games have. Though, at first, it would be just Japanese voices. But it would help on how to pronounce the names. As I said, its kind of a ridiculous idea.
They could even make the pokemon use different inflections when in battle, like when spinarak lands a critical hit it lets out a victorious scream, but when it's struggling to stay alive (hp in the red area), it's making faint spinarak noises. And when the friendship level is high it says hy to you in a friendly tone but at the beginning when you caught it in a more serious way. There is a lot that could be done with it to breathe more life into the concept of pokemon as we know it.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I'd like an actual Battle Frontier with diverse facilities again instead of the Battle Maison/Tree with only standard formats.

Ivannis

I want a potion that when you make your pokemon drink it, you can change it's nature. So you don't have to struggle with looking for that adamant or modest version all the time.

Yes, changing nature is a must if you like competitive battles. They let you change the ability, reset and change the EVs, they let you maximize the IVs with HyperTraining...

Instead of some potion, I would do some new NPC, the PokePsychologist: paying him/her let change your pokemon's nature. Some kind like the Fortune Teller of Celadon City in Let's GO.

And speaking on HyperTraining, that would be great the possibility to minimize the IVs, specially the speed for TrickRoom Teams.
But maybe it would have another name, not HyperTraining, maybe LowerTraining?

keithpetrosky

Having everyone talk and very little text to read, Pokémon walk next to you, non stationary Pokémon when battling have them walk or run around

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
My list is as follows:
  • Gym Rematches
  • Pokémon Soaring with more Pokémon
  • Seasons and areas that change accordingly
  • Mini games that let us get useful items that are hard to get such as the Dubious Disc or Life Orb without having to grind through some battle facility with ridiculous requirements to get points and when we can get them. Something similar to the Game Corner, FRLG multiplayer games, or even Pokémon Amie.
  • Certain Pokémon being allowed to follow you
  • Eevee having an actual voice clip
  • The Pokeball Plus controller acting similarly to the Poké Walker and let us play mini games with it by selecting a special screen dedicated to the feature
  • Areas exclusive to one version of the games but not the other.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
RETURNING
- Music Volume Control
- Riding Pokémon
- Side Quests
- No HMs

NEW FEATURES
- Camera Controls
- Optional Gym Challenge Sequence
- Expansive Post-Game

So I got the camera controls and no HMs. Hooray! :D

I'm still hoping for the ability to ride pokemon. I'm sure I'll be using the Corviknight Taxi a lot, but if I could just ride it myself, that would be great. Other features I'm still hoping for are:

- Music Volume Control
- Side Quests
- Real-Time Player Interaction in Wild Area
- Extensive Trainer Customization (I want facial hair!)
- Expansive Post-Game

Frostfall

As with others, I wish my pokemon could follow me around or I could ride my own pokemon rather than taxis and such (no such luck so far). Definitely want trainer customization. I would like a pokedex that didn't talk. I hope that making friends with your pokemon returns (pokemon ami type thing, patting it, etc...). No HMs (looks promising although a bike that can ride on water is weird)). I would love a customizable home such as the secret bases.

Creyk

As with others, I wish my pokemon could follow me around or I could ride my own pokemon rather than taxis and such (no such luck so far). Definitely want trainer customization. I would like a pokedex that didn't talk. I hope that making friends with your pokemon returns (pokemon ami type thing, patting it, etc...). No HMs (looks promising although a bike that can ride on water is weird)). I would love a customizable home such as the secret bases.
Pokemon amie does return just in a different way with new features

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
So I got the camera controls and no HMs. Hooray! :D

I'm still hoping for the ability to ride pokemon. I'm sure I'll be using the Corviknight Taxi a lot, but if I could just ride it myself, that would be great. Other features I'm still hoping for are:

- Music Volume Control
- Side Quests
- Real-Time Player Interaction in Wild Area
- Extensive Trainer Customization (I want facial hair!)
- Expansive Post-Game
I'm glad that said Expansive Post-Game and not what I thought it was at first glance... Expensive Post-Game. O_O

That said, I really like all of your ideas!