• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What feature do you want in a upcoming pokemon game back/added?

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
If pokemon amie returns (which it probably will) I want them to give us the option to tickle pokemon. It is just totally unrealistic that you get to caress all these pokemon and none of them are ticklish. It would be nice if they improved the AI of the game enough that the pokemon was able to interact with us a bit more, like wave when he sees us or try to give a hug.
Yes, I want to tickle my Pokemon! Adding to this, if your Pokemon is recently caught/traded to you and doesn't trust you yet, they could act shy or upset to see you.

I really want Wonder Trade. I no longer have any games with the Wonder Trade feature, and Wonder Trade would really be coming back to me. It would be great. The recent games scare me because they have no Wonder Trading.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
These are the features I'd like to see return:
  • National Dex
  • VS Seeker
  • Frontier-like facility
  • Seasons, though I doubt it
  • Hordes
  • Pokemon following you, which I doubt
  • Rideable Pokemon
  • Overworld wild Pokemon, zero chance based on the trailer
  • Pelago-like area

These are the new features I'd like to see:
  • Dynamic camera
  • Dynamic weather
  • Smartphone-like regional gear which can have the following apps:
    • Map that could incorporate DexNav-like features
    • Phone for rematches
    • Photo Mode
    • PSS, not Festival Plaza
  • More expressive player character

Hanto

Water Addiction
- Season changes
- Pokemon following you
- Your own rideable Pokemon
- Trainer AND Pokemon customization
- Easy, standart and hard mode
- Memory link side-stories

SoulRebel726

All I really want, more than anything, are difficulty modes. I'd love to play through the story and have to actually think and strategize instead of just spam STAB moves until I win.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I wonder if they can actually pull off different difficulties. As in, beyond just giving the opponents a couple of extra levels. Extra levels don't really matter in the long run as that also means that the player gets more exp so the end result is that there's barely any change (if anything, it might make it easier as the player would have access to stronger moves or level-based evolutions a tad earlier). They'd need to really improve the AI for the harder modes and give them better movesets.

SoulRebel726

I wonder if they can actually pull off different difficulties. As in, beyond just giving the opponents a couple of extra levels. Extra levels don't really matter in the long run as that also means that the player gets more exp so the end result is that there's barely any change (if anything, it might make it easier as the player would have access to stronger moves or level-based evolutions a tad earlier). They'd need to really improve the AI for the harder modes and give them better movesets.

I agree that simply bumping the Pokemon's levels up wouldn't help, but there are other ways to help make battles harder too. Other trainer's Pokemon could be given good IV's, be EV trained, have better move pools, or have their hidden abilities. Have Pokemon that have synergy with each other in double battles. Alola was a good step in that direction with some of the totem battles at least.

I have no idea if Game Freak can improve the AI or not, but I think there are enough tweaks they could make that would be easy enough.

DSDark

Breeder

They did it in BW2. The pokemon levels were bumped but so was the AI. That's all there needs to be, bump the levels, the number of pokemon on a team and bump the AI.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Character customization. Though I’m not too worried about that being left out.

Rotation, Triple, and Sky Battles. I know the former two are not too popular, but it’s always nice to have the option. I’d say battle frontier and world tournament but I’ve given up on that.

Also, prob the lowest chance of coming back: seals. I loved it.

KKS-Lapras

Am I the only person who thinks it's strange that after 8 generations, there's still a limit of only 6 Pokemon on hand at a time, each Pokemon being able to know only 4 moves, Z moves not included in that count?

I would think an easy change that could be made, would be to increase those allotted #'s. Increasing to 8 Pokemon allowed on hand, and increasing to allow for up to 6, possibly 8, moves. Possibly have the amount of moves a Pokemon can know at a given time based on their level, just as an example, say they start out only having slots for 4 moves, then when hitting level 20 or whatever, they gain access to an additional move slot, then again at level 30.

That could drastically alter the difficult at face value. Not being able to as easily predict an opponents move pool, giving more opportunity for a variety of moves, status, recovery, moves of types outside that of the given Pokemon's type for type coverage, etc.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Am I the only person who thinks it's strange that after 8 generations, there's still a limit of only 6 Pokemon on hand at a time, each Pokemon being able to know only 4 moves, Z moves not included in that count?

I would think an easy change that could be made, would be to increase those allotted #'s. Increasing to 8 Pokemon allowed on hand, and increasing to allow for up to 6, possibly 8, moves. Possibly have the amount of moves a Pokemon can know at a given time based on their level, just as an example, say they start out only having slots for 4 moves, then when hitting level 20 or whatever, they gain access to an additional move slot, then again at level 30.

That could drastically alter the difficult at face value. Not being able to as easily predict an opponents move pool, giving more opportunity for a variety of moves, status, recovery, moves of types outside that of the given Pokemon's type for type coverage, etc.
That would just make the game easier since you know they wouldn't increase the number of Pokémon in-game opponents use

KKS-Lapras

That would just make the game easier since you know they wouldn't increase the number of Pokémon in-game opponents use

Why wouldn't they? That would be the whole point of the increases. It wouldn't just be for post game competitive, it could very easily be utilized throughout the game, and help to make later battles and challenges longer and more complex.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
One of my biggest gripes with the IA is the movesets. Why do some of the Champions’ Pokèmon lack full movesets? Why are they carrying moves like Baby Doll Eyes at this point in the game?

I wonder how they're planning to use features that used to rely on the dual screen, now that they're back to just one screen. The biggest hurdle I can think of regarding that in the next few years would be implementing the Poketch in the fabled gen 4 remakes. Pokemon Amie would be a smaller issue since it only uses 1 screen anyway (plus they have to include it unless they create a new way to evolve Eevee into Sylveon).

Pikachu111213

Traveler
More returning features I’d love to see:
•Photo spots, and I don’t mean the Rotom dex ones, but like in XY and HGSS. Made it feel more like traveling. I’d love for something like HGSS where all our pokemon are in the shot, but if not I’d still be very happy with the XY style.
•I want my bike back!
•Fishing now it was before Sun and Moon. Old rod, good rod, super rod and none of this “bubbling spots” stuff
•I want to MAKE treats for my Pokémon like pokeblocks or even more so like poffins in Sinnoh.
•a way to get the Johto balls like in SMUSUM
•I want a good post game battle facility (battle frontier is always welcome tho I’m doubtful we will see it again). Battle Tree was boring to me. Tho I liked the idea of old characters returning.

Last edited:

DannyDark

After playing through Super Mystery Dungeon again I was wondering if an Awakening Emera-esque item would work within core games. Basically, in that series, the Awakening Emera would Mega Evolve any mega-capable Pokemon, but if they didn't have one it would still give them a boost. So, in core games, a held item/mechanic that uses your one Mega evolution of the battle to either Mega Evolve or simply power up a non-capable Pokemon.

Barrysun

my lists;
VS seeker= easier to train newer Pokémon
catchable mythical Pokémon; they could ether be as DLC, captured in a wormhole like legendries.
Johto Poke balls; can't we buy them like the other special balls?
can keep Poke balls after releasing Pokémon. (I wouldn't mind seeing this as a feature)
NPC trainers has more then 1 Pokémon on his/her team.
post game battle facilities.
Amiibo gifts,. (can give free items depending on amiibo and badges you have)
following Pokémon
Partner Pokémon returns.
Egg moves can be teachable
Megastones and Z-moves can be activated in the bag instead of letting Pokémon holding them
and maybe that'll be it for me.

KogaReads

Poison Pokémon Master
Just a couple things I'd like to see:
I'm a big aesthetics guy, so seasons.
National Dex
Hordes are pretty sick
Amiibo's used in some capacity
Now for some less likely things but I'd love to see regardless:
Difficulty choice
Online play that isn't just battling.
Let's make rare pokemon ACTUALLY RARE, like Feebas style rare. Not walk through the grass 5 or 6 times rare. I want to feel accomplished finding Pokemon like when I find a shiny. Just basically not an underachieving Dex filling experience in general.
Idk maybe alternate story endings?
Oh and please, cool poison mons:)