• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What feature do you want in a upcoming pokemon game back/added?

I’m still holding out hope for new megas and some evolutions for old Pokémon. My boys tentacruel, starmie, donphan, exploud and tropius need some love. Gym rematches would be great too. I hope, like with let’s go, they allow for connectivity with Pokémon Go but on a larger scale. Also hope that full IV Pokémon go mons would get full speed IV to make it less of a risk transferring what’s a perfect mon in one game to another game and have it be imperfect.

Pathfinder

No Angel
I was really hoping there would be new regional variants this gen. That was one of my favorite things about gen 7, and I feel very strongly that it still has a lot of untapped potential that they can & should be exploring.

It also kinda sucks that they haven't added any more megas evoltuions in like the past 4-5 years. Like I get that it's not as marketable as those giant dynamax pokemon kaiju battle things and it makes more business sense for them to keep adding cool new systems to attract people to their games rather than expand upon old features...but I still really want more mega evolutions someday too.

I was really hoping there would be new regional variants this gen. That was one of my favorite things about gen 7, and I feel very strongly that it still has a lot of untapped potential that they can & should be exploring.

It also kinda sucks that they haven't added any more megas evoltuions in like the past 4-5 years. Like I get that it's not as marketable as those giant dynamax pokemon kaiju battle things and it makes more business sense for them to keep adding cool new systems to attract people to their games rather than expand upon old features...but I still really want more mega evolutions someday too.

I disagree, I don’t think dynamaxing was a more marketable idea. Look at all the backlash and hate this has earned. Where as the Pokémon community has been extremely vocal in wanting more mega evolutions since they were introduced and ignored in gen 7. Therefore I’d say mega evolutions are very marketable. This just says to me a number of things: the decision-making at Game Freak is terrible, they are outright ignoring fans which is an extremely arrogant thing for Game Freak to do, and can risk the downfall of a franchise as we have seen with the Star Wars Battlefront reboot, the loot crate fiasco, and a plethora of other games crumbling in the last 5 or so years. That’s not to say that a fan base should dictate the whole game development, but if you aren’t catering to the fan base than how do you expect them to care enough to buy your product? It’s incredibly bizarre to me that Game Freak would so blatantly ignore the fans in favour of a lazy new gimmick and vehemently go against the interests of fans. Arrogance.

Pathfinder

No Angel
I disagree, I don’t think dynamaxing was a more marketable idea. Look at all the backlash and hate this has earned. Where as the Pokémon community has been extremely vocal in wanting more mega evolutions since they were introduced and ignored in gen 7. Therefore I’d say mega evolutions are very marketable. This just says to me a number of things: the decision-making at Game Freak is terrible, they are outright ignoring fans which is an extremely arrogant thing for Game Freak to do, and can risk the downfall of a franchise as we have seen with the Star Wars Battlefront reboot, the loot crate fiasco, and a plethora of other games crumbling in the last 5 or so years. That’s not to say that a fan base should dictate the whole game development, but if you aren’t catering to the fan base than how do you expect them to care enough to buy your product? It’s incredibly bizarre to me that Game Freak would so blatantly ignore the fans in favour of a lazy new gimmick and vehemently go against the interests of fans. Arrogance.

I would agree that some existing fans like the 2 of us might prefer more mega evolutions over dynamax, but they don't make these games only for existing fans of the franchise. I would assume they have shareholders to answer to like any other company and they need to show growth. I don't think it's arrogant at all for them to keep trying new things. I just don't see why it has to an either or situation and there isn't time to expand on mega evolutions as well.

I'm not sure what hate you're talking about though. I mean I've seen a lot of Wailord memes and things like that being tossed around and I'm not completely sold on Dynamax yet myself, but I haven't seen tons of outright hateful things being said about it either. The US youtube announcement video by itself has like a 90k like to 2.5 k dislike ratio, so it's definitely not something that's universally disliked I would say.

I would agree that some existing fans like the 2 of us might prefer more mega evolutions over dynamax, but they don't make these games only for existing fans of the franchise. I would assume they have shareholders to answer to like any other company and they need to show growth. I don't think it's arrogant at all for them to keep trying new things. I just don't see why it has to an either or situation and there isn't time to expand on mega evolutions as well.

I'm not sure what hate you're talking about though. I mean I've seen a lot of Wailord memes and things like that being tossed around and I'm not completely sold on Dynamax yet myself, but I haven't seen tons of outright hateful things being said about it either. The US youtube announcement video by itself has like a 90k like to 2.5 k dislike ratio, so it's definitely not something that's universally disliked I would say.

I think the YouTube video has a lot of likes because there was still a lot of good in the vid. Everything was great except dynamaxing

Frostfall

One thing I want added is the ability to remove the high pitched beep that occurs when you select a menu option or move your cursor over menu items. Not just an option to mute sound effects, I want the rest of them, just not the incessant beeping. I love playing pokemon but have usually played it on mute due to that. As for the dynamaxing topic. I don't love the idea of it but I will withhold judgement until I get a chance to try it.

Shingamon

The flying flame
sorry if this has been speculated already, cba to go looking back through everything... but if you look at one of the banners in the snowy town i think it was, it looks like it has designs that sort of remind me of the pokeathalon from heartgold/soulsilver? if they brought back that, that would be great to me because i loved that as a sort of mini game. i really hope they do bring that back becuase it would make sense to me. England was where the Olympics as we know it today was created (excluding ancient Greece) and it goes with the sports theme that is in the game so far... dunno, just my hopes

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I’d like to see AZ’s Floette to be finally released along with Original Color Magearna. I know that they aren’t really features that need to return but they were fully programmed into the games. The Floette is especially intriguing given its lore in the history of Kalos and AZ and how it actually has its own signature move which I really want to use legitimately in the games and not through hacking or a random Metronome result.

Creyk

I don't like that they nerfed paralyze and burn so so much in gen 7 battle mechanics. I wish they would change that back. Only cutting the enemy's speed by 33% instead of 50 is a lot less significant.

Amiti

This isn't much but I want Waterfall field move back in any form after disappointment of not being able to reach Brooklet Hill summit.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Theg got everything that i wanted.....but there is one i went back .....hm ?
Lol just messing with you guys.......but seriously i hope that dex nav back as it fun to use as it made me to catch all Pokemon

Eutus

Loveable Scoundrel
Hrmm features I want in S/S? More Megas? Nope. Full connectivity to my pokemon from Saphire (GBA) up? Nope! But bring on those Pokemans Go shinies to make then even less rare ...

Im wildly underwhelmed. Game Freak hit my hype in the back of the head with a shovel.

Someone mentioned arrogant decision making by Game Freak ala Star Wars. Yeah man, why bother listening to the people that have paid you for 20 years? Im looking forward to when we get that new pokedex total for galar, theres a couple people who use the argument "megas and regional pokemon take away development time from new pokemon!!" That im looking forward to hearing them whine that the dex is similiar in size to kalos. So i can rub their noses in their short sitedness. Its hard to pump out 200 new mons every few years, so cut that number with regionals and megas!?! But no we can all be unhappy with Dynamax....