• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What feature do you want in a upcoming pokemon game back/added?

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
Famitsu featured an interview with Masuda and Omori: https://www.famitsu.com/news/201906/13177936.html

Masuda is questioned about adding more pokémon to SwSh in the future and he mentions they didn't decided about it yet
It is confirmed Mega and Z-moves will not be in the game.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
Masuda is questioned about adding more pokémon to SwSh in the future and he mentions they didn't decided about it yet. It is confirmed Mega and Z-moves will not be in the game.

I know we've never gotten true content DLC before and that it likely won't happen this time, but neither has there been an instance where only a portion of Pokemon have been in the code for a main series game. I know that I've said it before, but if they could just not have a new release next year and focus on adding in new Pokemon like how Splatoon handled its ongoing DLC, that would be great. Drip feed new Pokemon to us as Raids and get us hyped about seeing what old Pokemon return each time. That would turn a bad situation into a fun extension of the content.

With regard to megas and z-moves being dropped, I'm honestly kinda ambivalent about it. I enjoyed mega evolution, but rarely used it past Kangaskhan. I'll really miss some of the designs, though. I'm just as happy that we won't have the possibility of experiencing a battle where your opponent can mega evolve, use a z-move, and dynamax. If we kept getting new gimmicks each generation with no cuts, by generation 11 a whole team would've been full of them. I'm still kinda sad to see them go, but I guess that means that dynamaxing will probably not be around for long either.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Not keeping with all the news, but will they keep breeding and egg moves as part of the games? Have the PSS back and not have a talking rotom interrupting you everytime would be very appreciated.
You bring up a good point about the PSS... I hope there's an option to have that off, meaning keeping it on but the constant messages off.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Beloberto said:
Famitsu featured an interview with Masuda and Omori: https://www.famitsu.com/news/201906/13177936.html

Masuda is questioned about adding more pokémon to SwSh in the future and he mentions they didn't decided about it yet

I wasn't really a fan of Mega Evolution or Z-Moves overall, but this feels like such a downgrade. The exclusion of some Pokemon in these games was bad enough, but now it's feeling like these games are wiping the slate clean. I wanted Sky Battles to return, but I feel like they won't come back since Game Freak already created another battling gimmick also.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!

With this news even adding the missing Pokémon isn’t enough for me anymore. Losing two features I really enjoy over simply making your Pokémon huge is a horrible decision and isn’t one I can ever get behind. If they add Megas and Z-Moves back in future, great, but if not USUM will be my last games.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
To be honest, Max moves you get from Dynamaxing are pretty much the same as Z-moves, they basically just changed the name and extended it to last for 3 turns. And since Max moves don't include the dancing sequence and the way-too-over-the-top animations where a pokemon blows an entire city, I am happy with the reformulation.

I would say Mega forms are the only thing that are actually being scrapped.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Not keeping with all the news, but will they keep breeding and egg moves as part of the games? Have the PSS back and not have a talking rotom interrupting you everytime would be very appreciated.
The Y-Comm will take the place of the PSS. Also, since this is a more traditional game, I expect that breeding will be kept.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
My favorite feature was the VS seeker, I miss it so much, training was so much easier. Yes I know the whole party gets love now but still lol

sinichi

ive always loved the secret base or fort thing. Decorating it and then when friends visit they can battle your team

TsengHyena

Battle Facility (full sized, like Emerald), Several long quest chains with meaninful rewards, considerably huge number of legendaries/mythicals to catch (since can't get any postgame normal pokemon now) are my minimums for postgame.

I think I needed to add a post about stuff people would never think of adding to SwSh. If you have any, you can post it here. I'm gonna put in a lot. Something I was thinking that GF should add to SwSh is autosave so we don't have to manually save anymore.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I don't get it. Is this a features we want thread or things we don't want to see in sword and shield??

I don't get it. Is this a features we want thread or things we don't want to see in sword and shield??
Features we want that no one ever thinks of

JW1004

It is something that has been mentioned in the past, but better customisation option for our playable character. Maybe even outfits inspired by some fanfavourites like Misty, Brock and some older gym leaders, and also options to have the hairstyles and clothes of some of the characters that are playable in the game? Maybe not the exact same but inspired by it.