• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What feature do you want in a upcoming pokemon game back/added?

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I'm certain they'll keep an equivalent to Pokémon Amie/Pokémon Refresh, which is likely the camping. After all, they need to provide you with a way to evolve Eevee into Sylveon.
Is Sylveon confirmed?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Is Sylveon confirmed?
Yes. All the Eeveelutions where confirmed back in the September Direct where they were seen showing off the camping mechanic.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Oh yeah, and one thing I'd like to see return, but I know they won't do it, is a Battle Frontier. There hasn't been one since Generation IV, with V being the last time there was anything more than simple, straightforward battling. I believe it was said in an interview somewhere that Battle Frontiers would be discontinued because many players found it offputting though. And I can see why--unless you're a hardcore fan, you're probably not going to get much out of it.

(Arguably, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon's Battle Agency functions like a weird version of Battle Factory, however.)

captainfez3

The Chill Trainer
Fighting your past self, like in Pokemon G/S/C

This.

I mainly want strong post game content. Completing the Pokedex is the normal end game activity, but I never think battling stops being fun, even when I am not gaining experience and/or using level lock restrictions. I feel like there is the opportunity to give us a lot more robust, immersive battling options in the post game than we have ever gotten. We do not need to have a Battle Frontier, although that would not hurt either. A few small new regions that unlock. Mainly, I want being the champion to transform the post game experience. Instead of defending our title just being us rechallenging the elite four, we should have in-game requests for challenges where we have to go to the location and face a handful of hopefuls. Also, if the elite four are going to continue to be monotype trainers, once we become champ, we should have to adjust our team to reflect that trend. I think having a little bit of wiggle room would be ok, but we should have to take on the persona of the champion. Maybe we can even relinquish our title? Become a gym leader?

I would like to see contests and other non-combat stuff return. I basically just want to see the ability to play the games in a much more robust way, instead of just following through one more arc of gym -> champ -> pokedex -> done. Becoming the champion never truly felt like the end, because by then I had usually juuuust settled on who I wanted my "team" to be, and then I was coming up with weird scenarios. I remember one time I was intent on having a team full of nothing but Cubones. I managed to train three up to level 34 in Rock Tunnel before my interest ran out. I think opening up the world and opportunities for players to explore non-conventional battle scenarios and team construction would be more than welcome.

It is a long shot, but if nothing else, I just hope the post game was given some quality TLC. Something to make playing online past becoming Champion engaging.

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
I'd like Contests in some form to make a return. Kalos kinda upset me in that bit by having its contests be anime-only (Makes me believe even moreso that there was stuff in the game they probably passed on adding for time constraints sake or something x.x)
In White 2, when I'm not in the mood for battling, I'd go to the musicals, and the same goes for contests in ORAS. I want ANOTHER Contest/Contest-like side thing to do for the fun of it to pass the time. Plz.

D*N

Musical Star
Contests. I cannot remember what it was called in HG/SS but those minigames where you could earn stuff by playing soccer and other stuff. Granted, playing them for rewards got kind of mindnumbing, but I appreciate non-combat related competitions in Pokemon, especially since it helps to build the universe and immersion, because Pokemon obviously are used for a lot more than just battles.
The Pokéathlon!

raichu27

Would like to see Dig return as a TM. I think Frost Breath should've been replaced for Leech Life instead, imo.

masterbreeder42

Beast Ball-catching Legend Wiz
This feature is actually not one for S&S per se, but for the announced replacement for Pokemon Bank. I would love to be able to use items on Pokemon without having to take them out of the app. By this I mean have the ability to buff their stats with vitamins, debuff their stats with berries, and most importantly use TMs. This would allow the teaching of TM moves to pokemon even if they can't be used in the particular game generation. I'm hoping for Play Rough (or a new Physical Fairy move) as a TM in Galar, and I would love to be able to teach it to Tapu Koko and Tapu Bulu, neither of which seems likely to make it into the Galar Dex.

On a related note, I think it would be great if a game is made just for battling, like the old Stadium/Colosseum games. It actually shouldn't be too hard to program, either, since if it is download-only it could be made to only work with Sword or Shield in the Switch, drawing on the main game's programming and animation, but also including Pokemon that aren't in the Galar Dex. It would be nice to have a full competitive lineup, even with the nerf to the Dex.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
On a related note, I think it would be great if a game is made just for battling, like the old Stadium/Colosseum games. It actually shouldn't be too hard to program, either, since if it is download-only it could be made to only work with Sword or Shield in the Switch, drawing on the main game's programming and animation, but also including Pokemon that aren't in the Galar Dex. It would be nice to have a full competitive lineup, even with the nerf to the Dex.

On that note, one thing the Stadium games and Pokémon Battle Revolution did that the main series games don't is the option to choose different backgrounds. Considering the previous main series games had a holographic simulator look to them, I found it odd they couldn't replicate backdrops. I think Sword & Shield is doing the same thing, only now with a stadium look (not as in the Stadium games, but a sports stadium).

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I will put this is on spoiler just in case, I don't think it is, but meh:
Since SHSW game will have 400+ Pokemon( + because new Mythical will be there), I am thinking whatever games comes after SH/SW like DP remakes they will add Pokemon that weren't in SH/SW ' several new Pokemon like USUM did(Eeveelution and more Legendaries).So I am thinking that we could trade between DP remakes and SH/SW. If there are 300 Pokemon in DP remakes( let'say that 250 weren't in SH/SW that means we would have around 650 Pokemon in total in DP( because trading to SH/SW. So in next game or like Gen 9 they would add remaining Pokemon + Gen 9 Pokemon( if per say 250 left + 100 in Gen 9, meaning dex would be 350 but you could trade all Pokemon from SH/SW and DP to Gen 9( meaning it'd be 1,000 Pokemon). That's my theory.IDK if it's good or if it works like this since I am casual, I don't trade I don't really know if that's how it will be.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I will put this is on spoiler just in case, I don't think it is, but meh:
Since SHSW game will have 400+ Pokemon( + because new Mythical will be there), I am thinking whatever games comes after SH/SW like DP remakes they will add Pokemon that weren't in SH/SW ' several new Pokemon like USUM did(Eeveelution and more Legendaries).So I am thinking that we could trade between DP remakes and SH/SW. If there are 300 Pokemon in DP remakes( let'say that 250 weren't in SH/SW that means we would have around 650 Pokemon in total in DP( because trading to SH/SW. So in next game or like Gen 9 they would add remaining Pokemon + Gen 9 Pokemon( if per say 250 left + 100 in Gen 9, meaning dex would be 350 but you could trade all Pokemon from SH/SW and DP to Gen 9( meaning it'd be 1,000 Pokemon). That's my theory.IDK if it's good or if it works like this since I am casual, I don't trade I don't really know if that's how it will be.
If there are 300 pokémon in DP remakes then everything that isn't in there can't be traded in there even if it is in Sword and Shield, that's how Dexit works. It's just like how you can't trade Naganadel to Sun and Moon. If it's not in the local dex, it's impossible to get it in there.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
If there are 300 pokémon in DP remakes then everything that isn't in there can't be traded in there even if it is in Sword and Shield, that's how Dexit works. It's just like how you can't trade Naganadel to Sun and Moon. If it's not in the local dex, it's impossible to get it in there.
Oh, I see; then I think GF will remove this Dexit stuff in DP remakes because of backlash, if not then Gen 9 will have National Dex where you could trade from SH/SW, but then they will put like 600+ Pokemon in DP Remakes(but keep Dexit for this Gen, sadly.)

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Oh, I see; then I think GF will remove this Dexit stuff in DP remakes because of backlash, if not then Gen 9 will have National Dex where you could trade from SH/SW, but then they will put like 600+ Pokemon in DP Remakes(but keep Dexit for this Gen, sadly.)

More likely, what will happen is that

whatever Pokémon are available in Sword & Shield will also be available in later games of the generation, since they'll have the same infrastructure, from an engine and programming standpoint, and those later games will have more added in. However, they can't be traded back as Sceptile Leaf Blade pointed out.

What people are calling "Dexit" is unlikely to go away any time soon, since this was done as a last resort due to the ever increasing number of Pokémon. They were just barely able to get every Pokémon into the Alola games. Generation VIII was where the breaking point was, along with the fact that they're working on a home system for the very first time and, by the looks of things, had a lot of difficulty adjusting. While it might not be as pronounced later in the Switch's lifetime, it will not be "removed." It's not as easy as making a decision to not do it, considering they held off on doing so for as long as they could.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
On that note, one thing the Stadium games and Pokémon Battle Revolution did that the main series games don't is the option to choose different backgrounds. Considering the previous main series games had a holographic simulator look to them, I found it odd they couldn't replicate backdrops. I think Sword & Shield is doing the same thing, only now with a stadium look (not as in the Stadium games, but a sports stadium).
I wished they realize by now that they could just add in the routes, forests, cities as the stadiums. They don't have to create entirely new stadiums, the choice of having all the other location backgrounds is fine enough.

Starry

spaceSoft2001
There's like, so many things I want back tbh.
Pokemon Follow you, Contests, Starter Catching, Trainer Customization, and that's all that i can think of right now, ill add more soon.