1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What feature of ORAS do you like?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by Alexander18, Jun 24, 2016.

?

What features of ORAS do you like?

1. Mega Evolution/Primal Reversion

7 vote(s)
    9.0%
  2. Soaring

22 vote(s)
    28.2%
  3. Mirage Spots

4 vote(s)
    5.1%
  4. Delta Episode

12 vote(s)
    15.4%
  5. Battle Resort

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  6. Mauville Restaurants

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Contests

4 vote(s)
    5.1%
  8. Secret Bases

11 vote(s)
    14.1%
  9. Elite 4 and Champion rematches

5 vote(s)
    6.4%
  10. Other

12 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. Alexander18

Alexander18 Banned

So what features do you like from ORAS and why? Mine would be Soaring because you get to ride on the legendary Dragon type Mega Latias/Latios.

2. Mega Evolution/Primal Reversion - Like I said in the X and Y thread, it's definitely the best new evolution mechanic GF have come up with.

Soaring - Even though I'll still use Fly to get somewhere quickly, this was still a cool mechanic if I want to take the scenic route.

Mirage Spots - I liked having extra islands to find various other Pokemon (and Legendaries)

3. Raging Ghost

Raging Ghost Red Dragon Archfiend

The DexNav. Makes finding HA Pokemon much easier.

4. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

Hmmm it's a tie between Delta Episode and Mirage spots for me. I liked the Zinnia and Rayquaza post game plot since it let us catch Deoxys, and Mirage spots helped us fill our Dex. :]

5. Yknot

Yknot Дми́трий Дми́триевич

I've always loved collecting ribbons so my vote is probably the contests. i was happy they added new ribbons instead of making them the same as the old ones.

B/W if I remember correctly didn't have any new ribbons so I didn't play a whole lot that generation.

I also really like the battle resort a lot. The battle maison is really fun and I'm always there checking IV's of pokemon, plus all the move tutors are there.

I would say the dumbest feature seems to be the restaurants. The x/y restaurants were waaaay better so I never use the ORAS ones, just XY.

6. Boss1991

Boss1991 A real hardcore Pokéfan!

I think you should have included only features in the poll, not mechanics as well. I don't think mechanics like Primal Reversion should compete with actual features like Soaring, DexNav, etc

Anyway, I can't choose only one, since ther are at least 4 equally favourite features for me.

- Super Secret Bases: I have wanted the option to become a Gym Leader in the games for a very long time, and it was finally possible in ORAS. Probably the best feature of the game.

DexNav: it just makes the world feel alive. As if you really are exploring wild areas.

Battle Resort: my favourite place to be in ORAS. A lot of awesomeness gathered on the same island. A great Battle Facility, a day care, awesome Move Tutors, though daily battles, and you can even change the overworld song playing!

Soaring: I never thought GF would allow us to freely fly in the sky. Really cool.

Since you can only choose one, I chose the Battle Resort, simply because it is the most underrated feature of the game. So much whining because it isn't the Battle Frontier, but I think the Resort is awesome in its own right.

7. DiaRubyTandem

DiaRubyTandem The Fastest Comeback

All of them except the restaurants, XY's restaurants are better. They are ranked into 1 to 5 star

8. Kalosian

Kalosian Never Say Forever

OR/AS has some really great features, but my top favorite is the DexNav. It isn't perfect, but the ability to get into a battle against a wild Pokemon when you want is just great. The bonuses in terms of Egg moves, Hidden Abilities and hold items are fantastic too. I hope they keep the DexNav or have a replacement for it in Sun/Moon with a similar function as I would like to see them keep and improve on this feature.

9. Pikachu979

Pikachu979 Sinnoh Champion

Same here i prefer XY's restaurants better and i pretty much love every other feature

10. Aduro

Aduro Mt.BtlMaster

Definitely the Dex Nav. It made it feel live the region was more alive and full of pokemon, I was constantly wondering what would jump out next. It was much easier getting shiny pokemon.

11. Tenmashi

Tenmashi Member

I like having my own Secret Base, hehe.

12. Xuxuba

Xuxuba Well-Known Member

It shouldn't be missing the DexNav.

It was the only one i actually enjoyed, the rest felt bland and superficial, like Soaring and Contest, which was cool and pretty, but you didn't get to do much, it just wasn't all that fun either.

13. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Had to go with Secret Bases as I've found them so useful. I love the Secret Pals/Skills feature as it's helped me stock up on great items, especially evolution stones (good for me as I suck at Super Training). Then, there's the whole QR Code thing, which has really helped me train my Pokemon. I have been able to train nearly 80 (and counting) Pokemon to level 100 on my OR thanks to scanning in bases with Blissey trainers. That's definitely more lv. 100s than on all of my previous games combined.

14. Moonstardust

Moonstardust Banned

Super Secret Bases were my favorite feature due to QR codes making them easy to find and I also liked receiving items from people inside.

15. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria The best Mega Evolution

For me, it was pretty much everything other than the Mauville restaurants. I won't include reasons for some of them but here are my reasons for a couple:

Mega Evolution/Primal Reversion - Easily the most prominent feature of Gen 6. Both Mega Evolution and Primal Reversion shaped what the Gen 6 competitive metagame would be, got Mega Rayquaza banned from Ubers and allowed Pokes such as Mega Altaria to have a chance.

Battle Resort - A wonderland for Pokémon Breeders. Other than a Battle Maison, there's a Day Care and there's that infinite cycling loop at the Battle Resort that makes ORAS have the most convenient Day Care of all the Pokémon games we have so far.

16. nel3

nel3 Well-Known Member

i only recently got OR a week ago and i like 2 main things about the game: dex nav and flying to the middle of the routes. i honestly dont use the soaring feature unless im going for the legendary mirage spots/wormholes. the feature to fly to actual routes more than makes up for the alternative method of soaring. im trying to catch certain pkmn in my run thru OR and the dex nav has been very useful. i still prefer pkmn X over ORAS any day but ORAS has its own advantages.

i really would've appreciated if you were able to soar with pkmn other than latios/latias. i dont care too much about the legendaries but soaring on a Flygon in ORAS would've been perfect.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  17. Cometstarlight

Cometstarlight What do I do now?

Dex Nav- SUPER helpful in finding HA and egg moves

Delta Episode- It was a nice change of pace to have such a story intensive postgame. It brings up a lot of interesting points and spawned many theories on alternate universes in the Pokemon timeline

Super Secret Bases- A fun way to customize and share with others...even though I struggle at making 'original' creative bases.

18. Gengarite X

Gengarite X Active Member

Soaring and Mirage Spots were awesome, I really hope that'll return in Gen 7 in one way or another.

19. YummyChili

YummyChili Shiny Hunter

I personally really like the exp share because I really don't like switching in and switching out to gain exp

20. Doomdour

Doomdour Color Ball Collector

Really liked dexnav other than chaining in caves which was really annoying. Overall, it's fine to use and getting those HA females in nice ball choices. :D Egg moves are good as well.