• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What feature of ORAS do you like?

What features of ORAS do you like?

• Mega Evolution/Primal Reversion

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • Soaring

Votes: 22 27.5%
  • Mirage Spots

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Delta Episode

Votes: 12 15.0%
  • Battle Resort

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Mauville Restaurants

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Contests

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Secret Bases

• Elite 4 and Champion rematches

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Razor_Teverek

I voted for the Delta Episode. I absolutely loved RSE as a youngin' and the new content this addition provides definitely makes Rayquaza more important in the context of ORAS.

After a month, I realized I forgot to put that I liked the Dexnav as well.

It was pretty awesome to be able to find ordinary wild Pokemon with egg moves, it's hidden ability etc., and I definitely hope it comes back in Sun/Moon

TheEliteEmpoleon

Though I did like the new megas that were introduced in ORAS, as well as the ability to soar, I think the Delta Episode was my favorite because it added something completely new to the games, and Mega Rayquaza.

Sprinter1988

ORAS introduced some of my favourite Megas (Pidgeot, Steelix, Sceptile, Gallade, Lopunny, Latias) so that has to be my answer

Enjolras

Master of the House
The feature I use by far the most is soaring. It makes Fly obsolete, and although it is quite a bit slower, it allows for the finding of cool things such as mirage spots and legendary pokemon.

Kennith

Banned
I like Delta Episode, Soaring, new mega evolutions and primal reversions.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Soaring. I like that I don't have to land on cities and towns anymore and can just pinpoint myself to a route.

Also Mirage Spots. I like landing on them whenever I get a new one and see what it has or try and chain for a Pokemon I look for specifically if it resides on the mirage(s).

M.P.

Retired
It was hard to decide between Megas, Soaring and Delta Episode, but I ended up going with the latter. After the lackluster postgame of X and Y, it was nice to see ORAS to have such a good one.

I said other, for what I loved the most of all....

Character relationships.
Other characters, NPCs or relevant characters, mentioning others
Family
Mentoring
Friendship

There was so much character development in these games. Wally grew from a timid young boy to a strong and capable trainer thanks to you. Steven is mentioned for no reason by characters like the fossil maniac, Roxanne, Wallace, at least two random NPCs etc. Norman is a lot more fatherly. We got a cute scene between Steven and his dad. Brendan/May were a lot more fleshed out as both friends and rivals. Zinnia was perfectly written to be a character with a strong bond with one who had died. It just felt like everyone was connected, instead of just being, well, characters.

Oh and delta ep was second just for the epic. The minor origin-platonic bits. The Zinnia. The intensity. The spaaaaace. So cool.

Third was that the Steven encounter on route 118 was actually relevant. Just loved that scene :3

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Episode Delta. Loved how we got a proper post game plot, and let us catch an event Pokemon in-game making it more common

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
The Battle Resort due to the extra Day Care facility and the random trainers who are scattered around the island: they're good for leveling up Pokemon.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I really liked the Elite 4 and Champion rematches, given that they generally weren't a thing in X and Y. High level trainers are usually my favorite aspect of a post-plot experience so I'm grateful that there were some included in ORAS.

Izanagi777

Welp, this is pretty hard considering ORAS did has a lot of excellent feature, but i guess soaring in the sky is something that we never experienced before, thus i pick it as my favorite..

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
As a shiny hunter and contest enthusiast, I really liked the DexNav and the contests.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Soaring in ORAS was the coolest feature although I wish we could find more varieties of wild Pokemon while using it instead of just Swablu, Drifloon, Murkrow and a couple others.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I felt that Soaring was the best new feature in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire at first, but a few weeks after playing the games, the novelty wore off. Right now I prefer the Secret Bases.

thexuberant1

I liked Soaring the most, it's breathtaking to see the Hoenn region from above. Also, I think the Delta Episode is awesome. The Contests in Hoenn were great too.

Delta episode for me. It felt like a good consolation for us not getting "Delta Emerald" and kept the third legendary from being neglected. Not to mention, Deoxys is no longer event exclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.