• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What feature of XY did you like?

What features of XY do you like?

• Mega Evolution

Votes: 50 47.2%
  • Looker Episode

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • Friend Safari

Votes: 12 11.3%
  • Battle Maison

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lumiose Restaurants

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Battle Chateu

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Battle Institute

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Pokeradar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chain Fishing

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Other

Votes: 24 22.6%

• Total voters

Bananarama

The light is coming
I love so many of these newer features, so it was tough to decide. However, I chose Chain Fishing because of how easily I could find shinies using it.

thexuberant1

I like many features in Gen 6 like Pokémon Amie, Mega Evolutions, Fairy types, and Trainer Customization. Also, I like that the EXP Share became an item, it helps me with training my team.

For someone who has been with the games as long as I have, I like to see old features return. Of particular note is the Pokeradar and its extension chain fishing. It was nice to see the Gen 4 feature return as I don't really lke egg grinding for shinies.

I love so many of these newer features, so it was tough to decide. However, I chose Chain Fishing because of how easily I could find shinies using it.
I've found many Shinies whist fishing in X/Y, but I didn't need to purposely Chain Fish when I hooked them. I thought I always just got lucky.

Star Champion AJ

Well, besides the Looker Episode, I liked the fact that the MC can sit on chairs and benches, the Pokémon-Amie and Super Training.

XlordgoldX

Hi 5s & stage dives
O-powers and the PSS should be staples from xy onwards imo. Hatching o power combined with the oval charm yielded eggs before a blink of an eye. Capture o power helped me get all the legendaries in luxury balls. Prize money o power with my happy hour smeargle(holding an amulet coin of course) gave me all the yen i needed.

Daizy

I call you honey
The Looker Bureau stuff with Emma and Mimi comes to mind, then I remembered the roller skates. I loved how X and Y finally gave us a new mobility method.

Cat's Eye Draco

Mega Evolution was probably my favorite feature, as it gave some previously weaker or somewhat outclassed Pokemon like Mawile a much needed boost. I also enjoyed the Trainer Customization and rollerskating features, which were a lot of fun to play around/experiment with.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Not in any particular order:

Horde battles
Lumiose infinite loop
radar
item finder
megas
friend safari
chain fishing
Amie
Wonder trade

The Friend Safari especially how Shiny hunting was made easy there. What I also liked was how X/Y's Battle Maison gave BP after each battle.

Tiffo

Geeky Pokemon Master
Being a purely competitive player past gen 5, I'd have to go with mega evolution. Although it does have it's negatives as well as its positives, I think it has made battling a little bit more interesting.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Being a purely competitive player past gen 5, I'd have to go with mega evolution. Although it does have it's negatives as well as its positives, I think it has made battling a little bit more interesting.
Mega Evolution should've been permanent from my viewpoint, as in Mega Pokemon should've been completely new Pokemon rather than temporary form changes.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
I felt your friends played a larger role than any other game to date. Growing with them overtime was a lot more involved than most other games where I felt that the character you were playing as was a silent loner. So definitely that. I haven't seen similar group involvement since Platinum.

Leonhart

Imagineer
((JAWS)) said:
I felt your friends played a larger role than any other game to date. Growing with them overtime was a lot more involved than most other games where I felt that the character you were playing as was a silent loner. So definitely that. I haven't seen similar group involvement since Platinum.
The character interaction between the rivals was amazing, although I didn't particularly like the nickname feature that was used when they show up and call us by a pet name.

MockingJ

Banned
Looker's subplot was super original and cool as an XY feature, but too short. It was still fun regardless and reminded me of detective games.