1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What feature of XY did you like?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by Alexander18, Jun 24, 2016.

?

What features of XY do you like?

1. Mega Evolution

50 vote(s)
    47.6%
  2. Looker Episode

8 vote(s)
    7.6%
  3. Friend Safari

12 vote(s)
    11.4%
  4. Battle Maison

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Lumiose Restaurants

4 vote(s)
    3.8%
  6. Battle Chateu

5 vote(s)
    4.8%
  7. Battle Institute

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  8. Pokeradar

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Chain Fishing

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  10. Other

23 vote(s)
    21.9%
  1. Bananarama

Bananarama The light is coming

I love so many of these newer features, so it was tough to decide. However, I chose Chain Fishing because of how easily I could find shinies using it.

2. LadyTriox

LadyTriox SHE'S SO KAWAII NEEEEEEE

I liked roller skating and changing my clothes.

So i picked 'other'.

MockingJ likes this.
  3. thexuberant1

thexuberant1 Active Member

I like many features in Gen 6 like Pokémon Amie, Mega Evolutions, Fairy types, and Trainer Customization. Also, I like that the EXP Share became an item, it helps me with training my team.

MockingJ likes this.
  4. Brave Saix

Brave Saix Member

For someone who has been with the games as long as I have, I like to see old features return. Of particular note is the Pokeradar and its extension chain fishing. It was nice to see the Gen 4 feature return as I don't really lke egg grinding for shinies.

5. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

I've found many Shinies whist fishing in X/Y, but I didn't need to purposely Chain Fish when I hooked them. I thought I always just got lucky.

6. Star Champion AJ

Star Champion AJ Well-Known Member

Well, besides the Looker Episode, I liked the fact that the MC can sit on chairs and benches, the Pokémon-Amie and Super Training.

7. XlordgoldX

XlordgoldX Hi 5s & stage dives

O-powers and the PSS should be staples from xy onwards imo. Hatching o power combined with the oval charm yielded eggs before a blink of an eye. Capture o power helped me get all the legendaries in luxury balls. Prize money o power with my happy hour smeargle(holding an amulet coin of course) gave me all the yen i needed.

8. Daizy

Daizy I call you honey

The Looker Bureau stuff with Emma and Mimi comes to mind, then I remembered the roller skates. I loved how X and Y finally gave us a new mobility method.

9. hadou regi

hadou regi New Member

The Looker episode was a great post-game addition and some nice insight on the character.

10. Cat's Eye Draco

Cat's Eye Draco Well-Known Member

Mega Evolution was probably my favorite feature, as it gave some previously weaker or somewhat outclassed Pokemon like Mawile a much needed boost. I also enjoyed the Trainer Customization and rollerskating features, which were a lot of fun to play around/experiment with.

11. Team Volt Grunt

Team Volt Grunt Pokémon Collector

Not in any particular order:

Horde battles
    Lumiose infinite loop
    radar
    item finder
    megas
    friend safari
    chain fishing
    Amie
    Wonder trade

12. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

I liked this feature for Shiny hunting purposes, but what always bugged me about the system was how we could only capture the last remaining participant of herd encounters. It made the feature so tedious.

13. The Friend Safari especially how Shiny hunting was made easy there. What I also liked was how X/Y's Battle Maison gave BP after each battle.

14. Tiffo

Tiffo Geeky Pokemon Master

Being a purely competitive player past gen 5, I'd have to go with mega evolution. Although it does have it's negatives as well as its positives, I think it has made battling a little bit more interesting.

MockingJ likes this.
  15. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

Mega Evolution should've been permanent from my viewpoint, as in Mega Pokemon should've been completely new Pokemon rather than temporary form changes.

MockingJ likes this.
  16. jskylinegtr

jskylinegtr Kyla, Angeline, KZ and Yeng

Mega Evolution, looks great to have Pokemon get powered up during a battle

MockingJ and Leonhart like this.
  17. ((JAWS))

((JAWS)) Johto Boy

I felt your friends played a larger role than any other game to date. Growing with them overtime was a lot more involved than most other games where I felt that the character you were playing as was a silent loner. So definitely that. I haven't seen similar group involvement since Platinum.

MockingJ likes this.
  18. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

The character interaction between the rivals was amazing, although I didn't particularly like the nickname feature that was used when they show up and call us by a pet name.

19. GarchompTheAssassin

GarchompTheAssassin Water starter fan

Megas + Friend Safari + PPS mainly

20. MockingJ

MockingJ (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

Looker's subplot was super original and cool as an XY feature, but too short. It was still fun regardless and reminded me of detective games.

Leonhart likes this.