• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What feature of XY did you like?

What features of XY do you like?

• Mega Evolution

Votes: 50 46.7%
  • Looker Episode

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • Friend Safari

Votes: 12 11.2%
  • Battle Maison

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Lumiose Restaurants

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Battle Chateu

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Battle Institute

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Pokeradar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chain Fishing

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Other

Votes: 24 22.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bananarama

The light is coming
I love so many of these newer features, so it was tough to decide. However, I chose Chain Fishing because of how easily I could find shinies using it.

thexuberant1

I like many features in Gen 6 like Pokémon Amie, Mega Evolutions, Fairy types, and Trainer Customization. Also, I like that the EXP Share became an item, it helps me with training my team.

For someone who has been with the games as long as I have, I like to see old features return. Of particular note is the Pokeradar and its extension chain fishing. It was nice to see the Gen 4 feature return as I don't really lke egg grinding for shinies.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I love so many of these newer features, so it was tough to decide. However, I chose Chain Fishing because of how easily I could find shinies using it.

I've found many Shinies whist fishing in X/Y, but I didn't need to purposely Chain Fish when I hooked them. I thought I always just got lucky.

Star Champion AJ

Well, besides the Looker Episode, I liked the fact that the MC can sit on chairs and benches, the Pokémon-Amie and Super Training.

XlordgoldX

Hi 5s & stage dives
O-powers and the PSS should be staples from xy onwards imo. Hatching o power combined with the oval charm yielded eggs before a blink of an eye. Capture o power helped me get all the legendaries in luxury balls. Prize money o power with my happy hour smeargle(holding an amulet coin of course) gave me all the yen i needed.

Daizy

I call you honey
The Looker Bureau stuff with Emma and Mimi comes to mind, then I remembered the roller skates. I loved how X and Y finally gave us a new mobility method.

Cat's Eye Draco

Mega Evolution was probably my favorite feature, as it gave some previously weaker or somewhat outclassed Pokemon like Mawile a much needed boost. I also enjoyed the Trainer Customization and rollerskating features, which were a lot of fun to play around/experiment with.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Not in any particular order:

Horde battles
Lumiose infinite loop
radar
item finder
megas
friend safari
chain fishing
Amie
Wonder trade

The Friend Safari especially how Shiny hunting was made easy there. What I also liked was how X/Y's Battle Maison gave BP after each battle.

Tiffo

Geeky Pokemon Master
Being a purely competitive player past gen 5, I'd have to go with mega evolution. Although it does have it's negatives as well as its positives, I think it has made battling a little bit more interesting.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Being a purely competitive player past gen 5, I'd have to go with mega evolution. Although it does have it's negatives as well as its positives, I think it has made battling a little bit more interesting.

Mega Evolution should've been permanent from my viewpoint, as in Mega Pokemon should've been completely new Pokemon rather than temporary form changes.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
I felt your friends played a larger role than any other game to date. Growing with them overtime was a lot more involved than most other games where I felt that the character you were playing as was a silent loner. So definitely that. I haven't seen similar group involvement since Platinum.

Leonhart

Imagineer
((JAWS)) said:
I felt your friends played a larger role than any other game to date. Growing with them overtime was a lot more involved than most other games where I felt that the character you were playing as was a silent loner. So definitely that. I haven't seen similar group involvement since Platinum.

The character interaction between the rivals was amazing, although I didn't particularly like the nickname feature that was used when they show up and call us by a pet name.

MockingJ

Banned
Looker's subplot was super original and cool as an XY feature, but too short. It was still fun regardless and reminded me of detective games.

Status
Not open for further replies.