• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Final Fantasy game should I play first?

Mr Dragon

Crazy Dude
Wait, if someone managed to do the whole card games on motorcycles thing in real life, and didn't die horribly, that would be cool. It only seems ridiculous because we can't do that with the technology we have.

Anyway, back to Final Fantasy...

So, playing through FFIII right now on the DS, and it seems to me that it's really hard, compared to the other FF games I've played. Out of curiosity, what's the hardest game in the series? (Maybe just including the main games and their direct sequels/prequels).

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Card games on motorcycles. I would love to see someone do that in reality lol.

If somebody tried that, I'm fairly confident they'd win a Darwin Award. And Yu Gi Oh! would probably garner a Mazes & Monsters-esque scare tactic movie.

So, playing through FFIII right now on the DS, and it seems to me that it's really hard, compared to the other FF games I've played. Out of curiosity, what's the hardest game in the series? (Maybe just including the main games and their direct sequels/prequels).

That's a difficult question to answer, because most FF games allow you to level up endlessly, until you can more than handle any part of the game. But I'd say XII and XIII are at least challenging. XII is challenging, because there are places with tough enemies, even if you max out your levels. And XIII is challenging, because they put a cap on your Crystarium in each area (artificial as it is), making you stay relatively close to the enemy's power level at all times.

Electricbluewolf

*pours beans down the waterslide*
For instance, Yu Gi Oh! combined card games and motorcycles, yet nobody plays the game like that. It's just silly.

...that's not how you play it?!?!? What the hell have I been doing all these years?

VII was the first one I played (properly) and since then nearly got all of them.

LilPrinnyDood

Flat chest huh?
Wait, if someone managed to do the whole card games on motorcycles thing in real life, and didn't die horribly, that would be cool. It only seems ridiculous because we can't do that with the technology we have.

Anyway, back to Final Fantasy...

This question I actually answered already a while back, but I will answer it again because sbaby failed so miserably in doing so. Final Fantasy 13 would be in theory do to the inability over level your way to victory. Yes games like ff3 and 4 ds were difficult but it was artificial because grinding solved it. FF13 actually required strategy to be the bosses and some of the harder encounters.