• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What for you was the best thing about GEN 3?

Snorlax Max

While Supplies Last!
For me it was the music. There wasn't a single song I didn't like.

LizardonX

Banned
The battle frontier cloning system ;)

Best feature ever.

I really loved the graphics. Hoenn is my second favourite region out of all the generations, but I think all this new 3D stuff they have coming out is so overrated.
I miss 3rd gen being like.. THE new generation. I just sucked that they didn't make a way for you to transfer your pokemon from G/S/C to R/S/E

Larry

The natures and abilities are obvious ones but I also liked the introduction of the VS Seeker in FR/LG. I remember training Pokemon for hours in Firered by using the VS Seeker on 7 Island.

Rational Rayquaza

There is no way to describe the best thing about Generation III as I loved all of it. The best part of Generation III is that it was my childhood. I remember that the sound and music were both so lovely. The 386 beautiful Pokemon all within my grip. And I felt nostalgic to playing FireRed even if I had never played the original games. The sprites of the over world were incomparable. Whether I was Underwater, exploring the Sevii Islands, thwarting Team Magma's plans, or chilling out in the Battle Frontier, I felt a sense of comfort. FireRed and Emerald are games I will forever cherish.

What am I saying?... Oh and how come it was the low point of the series? (People should have realized that behind the reboot there are gorgeous games.)

In reality, the best thing was the advances in Competitive Battling but, I was not aware of this during my childhood.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
I lost my Charizard long ago... It was the best, it beat everything even a blastoise. I think it even beat Misty and Brock. Ah good old days. Best things about gen 3;

1. VS. Seeker
2.POKENAV
3. Rematches (Emerald Only)

Everything was great i thought it would be a dissapointment at 1st cuz i thought they would ruin it after 3 generations but i love it. especialy emerald

Demonslayer492

Got it Memorized?
You know. I keep thinking about 3rd gen and them doing a Remake. I didnt like it the best out of them all. But I would say the best thing I liked at out of it was either the bases or the two evil teams. I did like the rematchs of the trainers with the Phone thing. I enjoyed fighting the so of the trainers in the higher routes for more Exp. ^-^

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
For me, everything was great. The graphics, plot, setting, Pokemon, everything. Especially the battle frontier that provided a diverse way of battling.

Darth Sabreus

Want to get a soda?
For me it had to be the revamped graphics and USC, as well as the new Pokémon and story lines. That as well as the Battle Frontier, which I have a massive love-hate relationship with. Love being the training and challenge, hate being the hax and unfairness of some AI battles.

★ Mr. Mime ★

Man of Mystery
I liked the Hoenn region, it was a lot bigger than Kanto & Johto and was nicely designed. Very unique.

I also liked the fact that we got Gen 1 remakes since I started with RBY.

cornRow

Banned
my favorite thing was the trick room
the guy would hide all over the room
after the games and I was able to find
then I got a prize

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
A lot of things since with the coming of this gen, it really put the game to a higher level. It greatly improved the graphics, music and the way you play it. Not to mention that it was then wherein I really started getting into this.
- Nate the;448;

Thowra

The Silver Brumby
The box system.

Not sure if 2nd gen already had it though, as prior to 3rd gen I only played yellow, and that was seriously such a user unfriendly game. I remember having to save every time I needed to change boxes, and the boxes didn't automatically roll over to the next when it was full - you can imagine the rage of an eight year old when I blundered into a scyther at the safari zone in yellow only to be told my box was full and I couldn't catch it >.<

DarkSword39

Heehouhouhouhou!
Everything. Gen 3 is my favorite of the Gens, and I can't find anything bad about it. The Pokemon, the music, designs of everything were great.

spyrosgost

OFFLINE FOR EVER
Of course the graphics!Ruby and Sapphire were the first games with new graphics and with great pokemon!

Enjolras

Master of the House
Hoenn came out with some of the most innovative Pokemon in the series to date. That's what I enjoy about them.

Rayquaza07

King of Uber tier
What wasnt great about gen 3?

pros: rayquaza, a bunch of legends,battle frontier, cloning, the 3 best starters ever,some amazing characters,was on GBA,music,etc

cons:you needed to go to an event for deoxys

Retro Mew

Mystical Furball
The design and aesthetics of the whole generation are my favorite of any of the generations. It's also when I became more heavily involved with the games, so it has a sort of nostalgia factor for me.