1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What Game Dev do you want to see make a Pokemon Adventures-centered game. What kind of game?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Manga Discussion' started by shoz999, Dec 7, 2018.

1. shoz999

shoz999 Name's Looker, Detective Looker.

The "I wish Pokemon Adventures was an anime" has become so outspoken by the Pokemon fanbase it's literally become a meme lol. But you know what would be really mind-blowing and something that I think would be just as perfect for Pokemon Adventures, video game adaptations!

What Game Dev do you want to see make a Pokemon Adventures-centered game. What kind of game do you want to see?

For me personally, Pokemon Adventures has always been an action-packed story-driven series. I've always wanted to see Platinum Games (the makers of Bayonetta and Vanquish) or the Capcom team behind Devil May Cry make a Pokemon game. I'd think Pokemon Adventures would be perfect, to an extant, as it's more focused on specific teams of Pokemon with their own unique problem solving and fighting skills based on not only stats and moves but also cleverly making use of it's body parts (like Blastoise's cannons used to fly) or Pokedex entries (like Dusclops creating blackholes) rather then actually all 802 Pokemon which would be incredibly difficult in an high-action adventure game. I feel like it would be a lot of fun focusing on a small selection of Pokemon rather than every single Pokemon. For example, Red's Poliwrath. Red could climb Poliwrath as he jogs across mountainous terrain. Poliwrath would stretch out his frog-like arms to high-cliffs and pull himself up, jumping into the air before landing on solid terrain. Then he would leap off of the cliff into the ocean, diving underwater looking for items. As for the rest of the 151 Pokemon of Gen 1 that Poliwrath belongs to. I feel like it can still be done justice as either tough-to-beat enemies or regular bossfights. If you ever played a Bayonetta game lol, Platinum Games always hands out boss fights non-stop like there just regular enemies lol. However I think the perfect developer for a Pokemon Adventures game, one not only to show the action and interactivity of the environment but also the world and lore of Pokemon Adventures, would undoubtedly be the Square Enix team behind Kingdom Hearts. One of the coolest things the FF/KH devs could take advantage of is how Pokemon Adventures does awesome-takes on transportation through Pokemon. My favorite is Gold's Mantine which acts as both a surfer and a flyer by using remoraids to rocket itself like a rocket, even before Golurk was a thing. However if you understand anything about game development, giving out unique movesets to 6 to 18 of the original Pokemon teams of RGB in an action-oriented setting would still be pretty difficult lol. In the end, this is just my dream Pokemon game. So what is your dream Pokemon Adventures game and what A-team do you want at the helm?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018