• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

what game(s) do you want remade?

I'd love to see a remake of Super Mario RPG. I just finished playing it a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it.

I remember saying almost exactly the same thing as you, except I think I posted it in the "What game would you like a sequel to?" rather than in the remake thread, so I got laughed at since the Paper Mario series are sequels. But yeah, I'd like a SMRPG remake on the DS.

I would for these three games to be remade, so that I don't have to go through the trouble of having to get them for the Gameboy Color.

-The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons
-The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
I remember saying almost exactly the same thing as you, except I think I posted it in the "What game would you like a sequel to?" rather than in the remake thread, so I got laughed at since the Paper Mario series are sequels. But yeah, I'd like a SMRPG remake on the DS.

Spiritual sequels would be a better term for what Paper Mario is to SMRPG.

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
Spiritual sequels would be a better term for what Paper Mario is to SMRPG.

It started out as a direct sequel, but Nintendo couldn't make a "Super Mario RPG" title without Square on board, so they reskinned it and called it Paper Mario. During that game's development it evolved into what the Paper Mario series is today.

fhqwhgads

Oh wait, but you're just going to hit me with another snippy comment.
Nope, that was the extent of my sarcastic Canadian stereotyping for the time being.

Munchlax95

Back On The Forums^^
I want a bunch og games re made for different consoles! Heres the List:;492-s;
I want Super Smash Bros. To be Remade on the DS awell.
I want Mother 3 remade for DS in english
Earthbound remade for DS aswell
I REALY, REALY want Pokémon Gold and Silver Remade For DS;munchlax;
I also want Star Fox and Star fox 64 Remade for DS

BCVM22

This thread was at its best when it wasn't being posted in. What a lovely two day period that was. More Gold/Silver remake cries! How original. Remake Mother/Earthbound, a franchise that Nintendo clearly prefers to ignore! Even more original. Smash Bros. for the DS, a game that unilaterally would be terrible on that platform! We're on a bloody goddamn roll here.

Stop the madness, people. Every time a terrible suggestion is made, a puppy in Africa dies (not to mention the brain cells of everyone here). Do you REALLY want that on your conscience?

maxxa

~her last bounty~
As much as metroid 2 stands the test of time, a remake would benefit it in so many ways.
1.current gen compatability
2.features included in later 2D metroid games can be used in SR388's caverns for the first time
3.the game would be bigger
4.current gamers can discover and explore the goodness

Yeah that about covers it, metroid 2 kind of defines the start of 2D metroid for me, graphicwise and gameplay.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
This thread was at its best when it wasn't being posted in. What a lovely two day period that was. More Gold/Silver remake cries! How original. Remake Mother/Earthbound, a franchise that Nintendo clearly prefers to ignore! Even more original. Smash Bros. for the DS, a game that unilaterally would be terrible on that platform! We're on a bloody goddamn roll here.

Stop the madness, people. Every time a terrible suggestion is made, a puppy in Africa dies (not to mention the brain cells of everyone here). Do you REALLY want that on your conscience?

BCVM22, it will be 70% less bothering for you if you choose not to pay attention to it,
just let people say it if they like to you sound like an old man.

Last edited:

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
BCVM22, it will be 70% less bothering for you if you choose not to pay attention to it,
just let people say it if they like to you sound like an old man.

I am 100% sure you pulled that statistic out of nowhere.

To keep this post on topic, I'd like to see a Play with Wii version of Ocarina, though it definitely won't happen since Ocarina is already on the Wii.

BCVM22

A Colosseum remake would be nice. Generally I was thinking of wireless DS/i compatibility

That'd be kinda pointless. What do all the Wii Play Control games have in common? They will benefit greatly from the Wii's motion control. How would XD or Colosseum benefit from motion control? Simple answer: it wouldn't. And before you mention "you can use the Wii Remote to throw a Pokéball" or something equally inane, please don't.

Reprogram it to connect with the 4th generation? That would take more reprogramming - they'd have to add the protocols for connecting with the DS wirelessly and they'd have to add data for everything that's in the 4th generation that wasn't in the 3rd generation - than would really be worth it, and since the game won't benefit from being ported to the Wii any other way, you're essentially suggesting they waste a whole ton of development costs on nothing more than a storage and trading utility.

No dice.

HERLS

LOLOLOL
Honestly, isn't the age of the Nintendo remake pretty much over and done with? All of the best NES/SNES/N64 games are on VC or will be in coming years, Gamecube games are compatible with the Wii and are getting updated ports (ports, not remakes), and the only noteworthy GB/GBC games are really far better off left in people's memories, because in this day and age of changing standards, they'd just be regarded as disappointments by new players.

The only game I want to see remade is Wario Land VB - it's a Wario game, and apparently a pretty good one, but it never saw much publicity or fanbase given it's platform of choice.

Cobalt_Latios

Don't worry, that's coincidence, I admit when I stalk people.
At least your honest.

Nope, that was the extent of my sarcastic Canadian stereotyping for the time being.
Good, I still toss around American stereotyping anyways when you do; most of them are true.

I am 100% sure you pulled that statistic out of nowhere.
And I'll only go 60% with you on that because there are a few good ideas in this thread. Not enough to really stand out, but they're there. Kind of like the selection of good games for the Wii.

To keep this post on topic, I'd like to see a Play with Wii version of Ocarina, though it definitely won't happen since Ocarina is already on the Wii.
Though they already have one, in the next few years they should make another compilation disc featuring all the good Zelda games including WW and TP (debatable if it'd be the GC or the Wii version though... (I know it sold better on the Wii, okay)).

A little something they could very well do when the next Zelda game in conceived. Given that time frame, it's very well plausible.

*crumples up paper and chucks it b4 burning*

*C_L*

Zazie

So 1991
and the only noteworthy GB/GBC games are really far better off left in people's memories, because in this day and age of changing standards, they'd just be regarded as disappointments by new players.

I would disagree about the gameboy games. GB Donkey Kong had 100 levels thats 97 more than the NES version. Super Marioland 2 was also around the technological level of super mario bros. 3. I probably don't even nedd to cover the pokemon games.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
I probably don't even nedd to cover the pokemon games.

Yeah you do. Red and Green were more like prototypes for Gold and Silver than they were actually games. They were clogged with glitches, lack of testing and the like. Sure, we all look at them with fond memories, but they really are horrible by today's standards.

Yami Mario

I do everything
Gale of Darkness, Mario Land 2, Sunshine, the original Half-Life (yeah, i know its not Nintendo), Wind Waker, and a HD version of the original Rayman. My god, Rayman 1 in HD would be awesome.