• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What games you still play?

Alisbet

The Brave
This is my first thread on this forum, so I request that you be nice. Anyway, like the title might suggest, what games you still would like to play despite hype of the current consoles and generation.

Rosey

Pikmin, Pokèmon, Sonic, Mario and Harvest Moon
Some of the best games ever.

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
I still play my old game systems every now & then, I still have my N64 and super nintendo so I play a lot of my games from those systems. The hype of current games doesn't work on me, I don't fall for it and I don't get crazy about the new systems, I own a wii, but I only have like 4 games that I barely play. I don't care for online gaming or blue ray or HD graphics or any crap like that. N64 is still my fave system.

TehGr81

College graduate
Although I have a PS3, 360 and Wii, most of the new games out there don't really appeal to me, just like movies nowadays. I used to have a DS that I eventually sold, which I now regret.

To this day I still feel comfortable playing games on my PS2, GC, Xbox and GBA. In fact, I still have a Game Gear that I play games on every once in a while.

Alisbet

The Brave
Although I have a PS3, 360 and Wii, most of the new games out there don't really appeal to me, just like movies nowadays. I used to have a DS that I eventually sold, which I now regret.

To this day I still feel comfortable playing games on my PS2, GC, Xbox and GBA. In fact, I still have a Game Gear that I play games on every once in a while.

Sounds like that you are rather nostalgic. Have fun with them.

I am also impressed that this thread became popular rather quickly.

I don't have most of my old consoles anymore, so for most older systems, if I want to play them I'll find a ROM.
I do still have my NES and Gameboy Brick, with the NES being hooked up right next to my 360. I tend to play those quite frequently, actually, along with my Gamecube, PS2, and the like. :V

I do have quite a few old PC games, such as Jill of the Jungle, Jazz Jackrabbit, and the first two Duke Nukem games that I'm very fond of playing.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
On Friday I was at my friend's house, we got out Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition (one of my favourite games of all time) and I tried to help him get the Handcannon 'cause all he had left to do was 5-Star the village with Leon.

I love Dead Space, but it can't compare to the SHEER HORROR of running THROUGH a horde of Ganados, three Chainsaw Ladies, with health so low it's unseeable, and ten seconds left on the clock, only to get so excited (we were all screaming at the TV at this point "RUN! RUN!") that I moved the Wiimote causing Leon to stop dead in his tracks slashing his knife at nothing. ... 3 seconds and I would've got it. ;_;

That was just recently, and Friday was still more of a kind-of-retro-but-still-21st-century games night. There was Prince of Persia: Warrior Within and TF2 (on the Xbox) beforehand.

A little while back we busted out Goldeneye 64 on the big screen. Laughing ensued as we watched a knife-throwing fight where knives would seemingly fly out of people's shoulders.

So most of the time I get out the older games to play with friends but sometimes I feel like playing some classic Mega Man or 2D Metroid or A Link to the Past.

Cobalt_Latios

So most of the time I get out the older games to play with friends but sometimes I feel like playing some classic Mega Man or 2D Metroid or A Link to the Past.
There's nothing quite like a good session of a 2D Metroid game, is there?

C_L

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
I do have quite a few old PC games, such as Jill of the Jungle, Jazz Jackrabbit, and the first two Duke Nukem games that I'm very fond of playing.

you still have jazz jack rabbit? that game is awesome:D
i used to play it with my cousins on 1 keyboard and a stick when we were kids, usualy free for all.

anyway i play much old and new games, my friends know me for that.

pac-man (atari 2600), half-life 1 (+ opposing force & blue shift) (PC), wolfenstein 3D (GBA, PC)), lots of PS2 titles, sometimes digimon wolrld 3 (PSX), mario land 1 2 & 3 both NES & SNES versions. kirby's adventure (NES), chrono trigger (SNES), starwing (SNES), red alert 2 + yuri's revenge (PC), populos (PC), raptor (PC, on DOSbox), tiberian sun (PC, 1999), commander keen (PC, DOSbox), super mario land: six golden coins (GB).

many more actualy, i just got too many to name:p

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
There's nothing quite like a good session of a 2D Metroid game, is there?

C_L

Indeed there isn't. Usually I go back to playing one after I forget most of the layout of the game. The exploration is still there, in a semi-familiar environment. Things will just come back to me like: "Oh now I remember, I can use a bomb here to get the Charge Beam."

Same thing goes with 2D Zelda too, where I forget the puzzles.

Speaking of retro kinds of games, I recently got 3D Dot Game Heroes and it is fantastic. The dungeons feel like re-playing an old Zelda game, even though it's all new.

natie

Mr. F
I still play everything I have ever bought/downloaded. It all depends on the kind of games I want to play that day. Sometimes it's hack 'n' slash, sometimes RPG, sometimes puzzle games, etc.

Surfing_Pikachu

Kabutopzilla

En Prócsem
N64 is pure win for me. Been playing it for years, and I'm still finding good games for it. My time spent on Super Mario 64 and Wind Waker probably make up 1/4 of all my time spent gaming.

Wind Waker was on the GameCube.

What do I still play? Pretty much any old Metroid game.

Last edited:

SkinnySweatyMan

First and second generation Pokémon games, StarCraft, Diablo (Diablo > Diablo II), Backyard Baseball 2001, Phantasy Star I-IV, Sonic 1 & 2 (don't have 3 :(), etc. I don't even have a PS3, 360 or Wii.

SapphireGeno

Silver forever <3
I still old games, like the Donkey Kong SNES trilogy, N64 games and such. Even old GBC games. I still play games in the new generation too, I guess you could call it that.