• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which starter did you pick

• Emboar

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Serperior

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • Samurott

Votes: 26 46.4%
  • I didn’t use a starter

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Tepig. I nearly always choose the Fire starter.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
Snivy, Oshawott, and Tepig (2 Oshawott) in White, White 2/Black 2, and Black respectively.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
I chose Snivy, even despite how absolutely garbage it is in the Unova games. Samurott and Emboar undoubtedly had better movesets, and typings which were actually useful for the most part, but the grass snake just appeals to me. Must be the design. A fast and tanky attacker who wasn't that strong, but could whittle down and set up on opponents? Works for me. I guess I just have fond memories of using it, over the other two. Never beat the game with Emboar before, couldn't tell you why. Samurott I did, but the playthrough wasn't memorable. Serperior was just fun to use for me.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Though Focus sash Emboar is great for killing Mega Rayquazza who else is on team Emboar?

Last edited:

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Emboar's a pretty cool Pokemon. I think it has one of the coolest designs and it's my favorite of the Unova starters, too bad a lot of people think it's the weakest of the three. Doesn't help that the anime pretty much pushed Emboar's evolution line in the shadow of Charizard and didn't do anything with it after Pignite. Although I'm pretty glad that the Pokemon Adventures manga stepped in and showed readers who questioned the fire pig on how badass Emboar can be.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I've chosen all three Gen V Starters at one point or another, but if memory serves, my first Gen V Starter Pokemon was Tsutarja (Snivy). Personally, I find them all appealing in their own ways, though.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I really like Serperier but man it just sucks ingame and without its hidden ability at least it does slightly better in black 2 with the Water gym though

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I Remember how in Gen V I didn't know how to switch the party positions so I only used my Emboar until I couldn't beat Elesa

My favorite pokemon of all time when I started Pokemon was Tepig, so I chose Tepig for my Black game. When I get Black 2, I'll choose a Snivy, catch a Mareep, then trade Snivy for Tepig with my Black.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Oshawott for White 1, Snivy for White 2. I consider the former to be my "main" starter pick since I mainly used Snivy to change things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.