• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which starter did you pick

• Emboar

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • Serperior

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Samurott

Votes: 20 44.4%
  • I didn’t use a starter

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ash-Pikachu

When I first played the game, I chose Emboar because I'm a sucker for fire starters. However, my game was stolen, many many years later, a friend knew I got a 2DS and was getting back into Pokemon so he gave me his Pokemon Black 2 as a gift. So thanks to him, I decided to switch things up and start with Snivy. I have no regrets, there are other fighting and fire types you can use including Lucario and Darmanitan, but it does suck that despite Serperior's dope design, a lot of pokemon have a resistance against grass types.

Teravolt

Avery and Allister lover! <3
I love, love, LOVE Serperior! He’s so majestic and beautiful!

Shiny Venusaur

Sinnoh's Champion
I imported Black because I knew I wanted White in English so my first playthrough was using some stuff that I knew I wasn't going to use in my normal first ENG playthrough but also wanted to use. So for JPN Black I chose Oshawott and in White I chose Snivy. In White 2 I chose Tepig just to round it out but I was reluctant with that pick; I really am not a fan of any of the Generation V starters and they haven't grown on me other the years.

WalesNote

It was always Snivy or Osha.

Hate Tepig and his line.
Snivy is decent and Osha is great.
Sorry Tea Pig, I mean Tepig.

zolios

I love all 3 of the Unova starters and they are my second favorite starter trio ever (Johto trio being my favorite). That means that I chose each one at least once but my favorite is Serperior even though that wasn't the case when the games first came out. I think that you should know that Gen 5 is my favorite generation before I start to list what starter I picked for every Gen 5 playthrough I did because there are a lot of playthroughs to go through.

My first Gen 5 playthrough was in Pokemon Black and I chose Oshawott since it was my favorite back then but I remember being a little disappointed with Samurott's design since it's sprite looked weird to me because it looked like it was floating or standing on it's toes/claws and Samurott's pose was also weird to me. I grew to like it more over the years but it is still my least favorite final stage design of the Unova starters, especially when I compare it to Oshawott and Dewott since I love their designs sooo much.

Because of this I decided to pick a Snivy when I got Black 2 and that playthrough and team were so amazing that I still consider it one of the best and most fun playthroughs I ever did. Because of the great experiences during this playthrough Snivy line became my favorite Unova starter and my second favorite starter of all time.

Then a little later I got Pokemon White 2 and chose Oshawott again since I started to warm up to Samurott's design around that time but I also traded myself a Snivy Egg from my Black 2 so I had both Serperior and Samurott on my team.

After this the Gen 6 came out and I got more into competitive Pokemon scene and then even later when Hidden Ability Unova starters were released I started to like Emboar a lot because I had a lot of fun with Reckless in lower tiers on Pokemon Showdown. Because of this I decided to reset my White 2 and use Tepig as my starter, I did just that and had a ton of fun with Emboar and it became my second favorite Unova starter.

A little later I wanted to replay White 2 again and I chose Snivy again. Then even later I was able to buy a German White so I played through it and I chose Oshawott again since I didn't use it in a long time. And now my last Gen 5 playthrough was early last year after I got White (in English this time) and I chose Snivy since I wanted to do a Grass Monotype challenge.

I also plan to do a Tepig playthrough sometime this year since it's the starter that I used the least despite the fact that it's actually my second favorite starter line from this region.

Jesness

An Opinionated Butthole
I've replayed Black and White a crap ton of times, I usually pick Tepig, because it's hard to find a good fire type early game and I refuse to use any of those stupid monkeys. I also really like Snivey, so it's the runner up.