• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What gets on your nerves the most about Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamer_legend

When Ash never checks the Pokedex for the legendaries. I mean, come on, he's right in front of them.

How about forgetting legendaries he's met several times before?

Yeah, and in the rematch against Cheren at Victory Road, his starter carries a Focus Sash.

I know, and combine that with the fact that his Samurott's Blizzard is insanely accurate, and you get something like this:
Pkmn Trainer Cheren sent out Samurott!
Go! Dragonite!
Dragonite used Shock Wave!
It's super effective!
The foe's Samurott hung on using it's Focus Sash!
The foe's Samurott used Blizzard!
It's super effective!
Dragonite fainted! (And if it doesnt faint, Samurott uses Aqua Jet the next turn)
Me: AAAAAAAAARGH! *Ragequit*

CliveKoopa

How about forgetting legendaries he's met several times before?

Not just legendaries but regular pokemon too as well as certain events and stuff like he forgets about the King's Rock only a few episodes after one was used to evolve Misty's Poliwhirl and he forgets about the P-1 Grand Prix too what he won with Primeape.

Mav-san

F*cking veteran
The Anime's horrible dub, Double Team tactics and critical hits.

Not just legendaries but regular pokemon too as well as certain events and stuff like he forgets about the King's Rock only a few episodes after one was used to evolve Misty's Poliwhirl and he forgets about the P-1 Grand Prix too what he won with Primeape.

He's an eternal 10-yr-old. 10-yr-old's dont exactly have the best memories in the world, lol

The Anime's horrible dub, Double Team tactics and critical hits.

Why does everyone keep bringing up Double Team?!
Aerial Ace, people. Damn near every 'mon can learn it (By lvl up or TM). For those that cant, there are several other "perfect accuracy" moves out there (Magnet Bomb, Swift, Magical Leaf, Shock Wave, Faint Attack, Aura Sphere, Shadow Punch, etc.)

SmeargleArtist

I see dead people
It may be a small thing, but the ridiculous names in BW ,it's like GF are trying to give every pokemon trainer different names, which is ridiculous because everyone in the world doesn't have a different name :L.
CAVES, never again without a repel.

ROBO PIKA Tek 2

Kid with Pantz
I hate when mods on Smogon act like complete pompas bad assess who feel like there so tough.

Whats makes me even more angry are people who suck up to mods.

Ricky_Ragger

I hate when mods on Smogon act like complete pompas bad assess who feel like there so tough.

Whats makes me even more angry are people who suck up to mods.

Have to agree with this, I mean come on folks. Your tnot the best in the world.

DiamondSeedII

The fact that people use "Pokemons" instead of "Pokemon" when they mean more than one. The plural noun for Pokemon is still "Pokemon".

Ricky_Ragger

The fact that people use "Pokemons" instead of "Pokemon" when they mean more than one. The plural noun for Pokemon is still "Pokemon".

You know, I never though about that.

I think you may be right because you never hear in the show Pokemons, its Pokemon.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I know, and combine that with the fact that his Samurott's Blizzard is insanely accurate, and you get something like this:
Pkmn Trainer Cheren sent out Samurott!
Go! Dragonite!
Dragonite used Shock Wave!
It's super effective!
The foe's Samurott hung on using it's Focus Sash!
The foe's Samurott used Blizzard!
It's super effective!
Dragonite fainted! (And if it doesnt faint, Samurott uses Aqua Jet the next turn)
Me: AAAAAAAAARGH! *Ragequit*

My starter was Oshawott so he has a Serperior instead, it still annoys me with its Dragon Tail.

On top of that, his Gigalith in the rematches has Stealth Rock which means I can't use many of my Pokemon that take out Grass-types cos all their weaknesses are weak to Rock (except Poison). And he also has a really strong Haxorus (it has Rivalry though, not Mold Breaker).

And every time I battle him, his Liepard uses Fake Out on me. Darn you flinch!

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Pokemon Ranger. Let’s draw circles! … I could do that with a smartphone app called Toddler Lock.

People claiming an all region game will never be possible. Guess how many gigabytes fit on my thumb drive? I suspect the 3DS isn’t the last system Pokemon will be on, as long as the apocalypse doesn’t come too soon. Zombies, you know…
(Please note; by possible, I don't mean it's likely, it'd still be a lot for work for the game team)

That beeping when your poke’s HP get’s low. Shut-up! I’m trying to concentrate!

That they haven’t taken the Shinys thing a step further yet (aside from notch-eared pikachu); a triplet weezing/koffing like suggested in the Dex, Pokemon with broken antlers/horns, Crystal Onyx, etc…

gamer_legend

My starter was Oshawott so he has a Serperior instead, it still annoys me with its Dragon Tail.

On top of that, his Gigalith in the rematches has Stealth Rock which means I can't use many of my Pokemon that take out Grass-types cos all their weaknesses are weak to Rock (except Poison). And he also has a really strong Haxorus (it has Rivalry though, not Mold Breaker).

And every time I battle him, his Liepard uses Fake Out on me. Darn you flinch!

To be honest for me Stealth Rock in game isn't nearly as annoying as in competitive battling because most of the time your Pokemon can survive a hit from the starters pretty well and hit back very hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.