• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What gets on your nerves the most about Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludger

スポック
I'm sick of your rival being a guy...let it be a girl for once...

Actually, Bianca and May is one of the example

Plus the fact that it's entirely a marketing tool, and because of that the writers don't put much effort into anything. If it was treated like an actual anime series rather than a twenty-minute advertisement it'd be remotely interesting and much less irritating.

Na, I never hate the anime. I just getting bored of it. And the only thing I hate about the anime is it's writers

gamer_legend

Actually, Bianca and May is one of the example

Na, I never hate the anime. I just getting bored of it. And the only thing I hate about the anime is it's writers

I really do wish I could say Bianca or May were actually good examples but they never really posed any kind of competition to the player whatsoever as opposed to just challenging them whenever they could. I wouldn't say no to a rival that continually challanged the player throughout the course of the game and game to team up with the player when necessary.

CliveKoopa

I'm sick of your rival being a guy...let it be a girl for once...

What about May in R/S/E? She's a girl and your rival in the 3rd Gen games.

airaid

Breeding Geek
It may be a small thing, but the ridiculous names in BW ,it's like GF are trying to give every pokemon trainer different names, which is ridiculous because everyone in the world doesn't have a different name :L.
CAVES, never again without a repel.

You think that's bad?

Have you seen the names on Colloseum/XD? At least the other names make sense.

And yeah, caves can get really tiresome really quick. And is it just me or have the encounters gotten MORE common?

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
The only thing that annoys me: OH GOD, THE TMS. TMs for the best moves, prior to Gen 5, could only be gotten through the Game Corner. And that takes hours upon hours. Not to mention the slots are freakin' IMPOSSIBLE. Pretty much the only way to do it is to save up the money, and by then you've gotten close to beating the game unless you trade over a ton of Nuggets or something.

As for caves, I like Zubat, so no complaints.

BigHairPierre

Pokemon master
Confusion, attract, and random crits. In game of course, but I sometimes feel like the computers prolong the battle just to make you rage and waste your time(like using protect when they are going to lose anyway), or when they spam double team. That makes me want to grab the newrest living thing and kill it, as the battle takes 5 hours because I keep missing all of my attacks.

HetaOni

Chesaught
I hate it when people only care about Pokemon because of how strong they are.It makes me think people only use them as tools for personal gain.

Whats worse is when they call POKEMON by their japanese names (i.e Pochama, Kibago) like, really? You're not cute when you do that.
*cough*Rukario*cough* X3

~Pasta!

KingWiggins

"It was Super Effective...Critical Hit!"
Thanks, Karma.
I hate it when people only care about Pokemon because of how strong they are.It makes me think people only use them as tools for personal gain.

It's Pokemon, dude... Do you really expect people to use weak Pokemon like Delcatty in Competition just because it looks cute and they grew "attached" to it?

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I hate the fact they haven't made a remake of Ruby and Saphire yet, they still make Pokémon Black and White 2.
Mind = Blown.

Platinum preceded HGSS; just be patient. There isn't really a specific production order that they have to follow, and it's probably best to wrap up the loose ends of BW sooner rather than later.

DragonTrainerSilver

<-- Starving dragon
I think the story line is getting a bit dated,and they really need to do something about the Rival's. I was think maybe of a sassy,3 step's ahead of you kind of girl,that would be a huge change.

Cipher

Nothing to be done
Cloyster is amazing, but it seriously looks so much like a vagina I can't believe it wasn't intentional, which is incredibly distracting.

KingWiggins

I always thought Cloyster looked like Gastly... funny how they are right next to each other in the Pokedex too...

Status
Not open for further replies.