• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What gets on your nerves the most about Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draco.

Dragon Master.
that ash never need to go to hospital (as far as i know)
when pikachu uses thunder on him when it rains....

Jaguartail

When gym leaders spam status problems or are just way too lucky with getting critical hits.

battle171

New Gen, Go!
The rate that they're releasing the Gen V event Pokemons. Seriously, they released the last 3 in Japan (Keldeo, Meloette, Gensect) all this year, with only a month or two in-between releases. Feel as though Gen V might end really soon :/

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Event Pokemon.

You go to the store, or wherever one of these is being released to get it. But it only lasts until you start a new game. Why can't Nintendo just put the Pokemon or Tickets on their website with some sort of account that lets you redeem Event Pokemon with a code you get from the promotion or event? You know, like everybody else does? Then if someone starts a new game, they can just go get the Pokemon off the site again as long as they have that code and their account. With a couple simple lines of code, they could make sure the player doesn't redeem the code multiple times per save. Sure, the player would have to level it up again. But at least they could get it back. Some people like to be able to play through a game more than once and enjoy things they might have missed the first time, but they don't want to be cut off from things they previously had access to through promotions.

That's why Event Pokemon get on my nerves.

Last edited:

ludiloco

It annoys me that some events are only japan-exclusive and never happens outside of that country, like the sufing/flying Pikachu.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Event Pokemon.

You go to the store, or wherever one of these is being released to get it. But it only lasts until you start a new game. Why can't Nintendo just put the Pokemon or Tickets on their website with some sort of account that lets you redeem Event Pokemon with a code you get from the promotion or event? You know, like everybody else does? Then if someone starts a new game, they can just go get the Pokemon off the site again as long as they have that code and their account. With a couple simple lines of code, they could make sure the player doesn't redeem the code multiple times per save. Sure, the player would have to level it up again. But at least they could get it back. Some people like to be able to play through a game more than once and enjoy things they might have missed the first time, but they don't want to be cut off from things they previously had access to through promotions.

THIS.

So much.

dd1zzle

the Catch rate. I hate when the Pokémon health is in the red, it's paralyzed/sleeping and I throw an UltraBall, or another ball that would be effective in capturing said Pokémon, and it doesn't get it.

Zino

Ice Cream Truck
Event Pokemon.

Just transfer them into another game you have before restarting your game.

What annoys me? Fishermen with 6 magicarp.

Orbis

What?
Full Restores.

I try not to use any because I HATE when the E4 or Gym Leaders use them.
I use Max Potions + Full heals instead.

lidaboy

procrastina...
i hate it when one pokemon has this awesome base stat like infernape with its speed as its best and then some other pokemon beats it effortlessly without it being the best stat (im looking at you alakazam)

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I hate how ugly Pokemon has good stats and vice versa.
And how Machamp can't learn Drain Punch.. I mean, srsly?

Flandre

Fluffy Flareon
That most of the Gym Leaders have no backstory what-so-ever. It's not so bad now in Gen V with the model and all that, but characters like Falkner, I have two issues: In the manga, he was a part-time police man, or from what I remember and was actually an interesting part of the story (I won't say too much more in-case people haven't read it yet) and he had no such part in the games, I didn't expect that in G/S but at least in HG/SS where they could afford to spend some time making the story detailed, what harm would have been done by Falkner playing the part he played in the book? Oh, one extra OW sprite? :pP Another thing is the 'Dad' thing in the games, but we never actually got to find out who his Dad is, nor do most of the playables have a 'Dad' actually physically in the game. It'd be nice if there were more like, 'side quests' or something to do with the Gym Leaders. It just seems that all they do is sit in their gyms and then only drag themselves out for "social events" like vampires. This applies to some of the other characters as well, like Fennel etc. Even some of the bad guys from the older games have to kind of backstory, only what's happening in the game time. Not all, but some.

Also, HumanXPokemon shipping, no offence but that's just strange. (It's like the same idea as shipping a RL human with their pet. Yuck. You wouldn't date your pet... would you? o_O; ) But if that's your thing then... whatever!

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
^ I agree. We know as much as Elesa being a model etc. but nothing else
More parents! May/Brendan can't be the only one to have a dad

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
The Genwunners (Don't get me wrong, I am a Kanto baby and The First Generation will always have a special place in my heart, but I think it is a little stupid to run around claiming things like: "THERE ARE ONLY 150 REAL POKEMON!" Seriously? Mew says "hi" for one--but that's just the most obvious problem with that)

Genthree-ers (GEN III IS TEH BEST! ALL U WHO LIEK TEH OLDER GENS ARE NOSTALGIA! GENS IV AND V ARE SHITE! BLEH! HOENN FOR TEH WYN!) I know I'm not the only one who's seen these "fans".

The fact that GF keeps making the Fire starter part Fighting. The fact that I am a fighting-user really makes this aggrovating. I feel that I am coerced into picking the fire starter. Especially this generation. I really wanted Oshawott--especially when I saw Dewott--I thought: "Oh man! That thing has got to be part fighting! Look at it!"

The fact that my pokemon can never land a critical hit on the opponent at the start of the match. It almost always happens when the opponent is already in red health. Seriously, guys? You wait until now to do that?

Metre-freakin'-nome. I never get anything good. Sand Attack, Tail Whip, Growl. That's all I get. It hates me. :(

Ditto, I am also not to sure about the timeline.

Did what happened in Johto coincide with what happened in Hoen? And then after that what happened in Johto occured? When do the gen 4 and 5 events play out?

If I recall correctly:

Gens 1 and 3 happened at the same time. Gens 2 and 4 happened at the same time. Not sure about 5. I remember reading that somewhere.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.