• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What gets on your nerves the most about Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genwunners. I have a Youtube account, and one of my videos was when Ash sees his old Pokemon again, and his Hoenn Pokemon meet them. The comments are only about "This is when Pokemon were cute" or "When Pokemon actually made sense". It's so annoying. (-_-)

But, it's their liking, I can't say anything bad about it. :/

ShadeShadow

(>^.^)>(;_;)<(^.^<)
mainly just creepy shippings like professor oakxpikachu. yeah, it exists.

SoraNight

The sky is the limit
One of the things that irritate me most about Pokemon, is the stupid things random trainers say. I mean, they say the most random things ever. "I like Pokemon." *Cue Battle Whoosh* The worst is the Emerald Battle Frontier, where they literally said random words and phrases. A guy walks in, "I AM GOING TO BE A MOTHER!" 0_0 At least the trainers say more sensible things in later games, but they do have their moments also.

Last edited:

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
The worst is the Emerald Battle Frontier, where they literally said random words and phrases. A guy walks in, "I AM GOING TO BE A MOTHER!" 0_0

Yeah, some of those phrases were like, "what the heck?" Like this one: "I SWALLOW SLUDGE TO TRANSFORM MYSELF"

Where did they even come up with stuff like that...

Fan fictions between characters or even Pokemon, it's so f-ing weird.

TheMaster327

Yeah, some of those phrases were like, "what the heck?" Like this one: "I SWALLOW SLUDGE TO TRANSFORM MYSELF"

Where did they even come up with stuff like that...

"......... GIGGLE ........."

That is the worst trainer saying from Ruby and Sapphire's Battle Tower.

"My shiny bald head is my secret"

This is Black and White's most irritating saying in Battle Subway, in my opinion...

Covert Cactus

<--- Halloween shiny
One thing that really annoys me is a not very effective critical hit. It's almost a contridiction. When rivals appear when your pokemon are low on health and want to battle after you just got through a bunch of trainers or something.

synthetica

A Failed Experiment
How is that a contradiction? A critical hit does more damage because it hits a weak spot and that has nothing to do with type effectiveness.

Serefii

Psy Champion
Mainly the gts, all of you know about that
And GTS Negotians.
*Shows fair pokemon for a much needed pokemon*
*spams sadface*
And zubats/geodudes/onix everywhere
Dont mind golbat, could catch those and train it to become a great crobat.

Covert Cactus

<--- Halloween shiny
How is that a contradiction? A critical hit does more damage because it hits a weak spot and that has nothing to do with type effectiveness.

I know the game does not count type effectiveness when deciding to make a hit critical or not but it seems rather stupid to have a not very effective critical hit. Even if you justify it as "hitting a weak spot" The fact that it is not very effective should negate any chances of it actually being critical. It's almost as annoying as getting a critical hit against an enemy that would not have survived a regular hit. To me the NVE crits are the equivalent of all the times in the anime where a pokemon at a type disadvante ends beating the enemy (pikachu vs. onix).

I've met people who believe that the anime came before the games. Even when I show them the facts, they are adamant that they are right. I don't understand....

Cutty

Forever now
One of the things that irritate me most about Pokemon, is the stupid things random trainers say. I mean, they say the most random things ever. "I like Pokemon." *Cue Battle Whoosh* The worst is the Emerald Battle Frontier, where they literally said random words and phrases. A guy walks in, "I AM GOING TO BE A MOTHER!" 0_0 At least the trainers say more sensible things in later games, but they do have their moments also.

I find them funny.
But of course if I meet the same trainer all over again w/ the same line, it gets irritating a bit.
Can't think of any random trainers words yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.