• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What gets on your nerves the most about Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leosnake

Tranquil. Detect. Detect. Detect. *Sigh*

This though I had one worse when I went online using battle revolution for the Wii.

Case in point Toxic, detect, protect. And repeat. They even kept going after I switched in steel type so toxic wouldn't work.

Prof.Oak

When you're next move decides whether you will win or not, and you get paralysed and you can't move

'Pikachu'

Pokemon #25
1. I hate it when AMERICAN fans refer to the Pokemon characters by their JAPANESE names. Every time I see the name Satoshi, or Takeshi, or whatever, I literally cringe. It's disgusting. Whats worse is when they call POKEMON by their japanese names (i.e Pochama, Kibago) like, really? You're not cute when you do that.

What gets on your nerves?
Why exactly is that a bad thing? Because I don't see what's wrong with that.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
Why exactly is that a bad thing? Because I don't see what's wrong with that.

You do not see... because there is nothing wrong with that.

IMO people should use the names they are comfortable with. Be them Japanese, French, German or any other language.
I do not know 99% of the French names, for example, but I can easily highlight the name and click "Search google "unknown name here'". It is not hard.

Personally, I prefer to use Japanese names because 1.) They sound better and are more creative. 2.) They sound similar to my mother language, so it easier to me to pronounce them.
Also, I am not American.

I still use them on bulbagarden, but I am using the English ones here on serebii because some kids do not know the meaning of the word "respect".

OldManJenkins

Lol, wut?
1. I hate it when AMERICAN fans refer to the Pokemon characters by their JAPANESE names. Every time I see the name Satoshi, or Takeshi, or whatever, I literally cringe. It's disgusting. Whats worse is when they call POKEMON by their japanese names (i.e Pochama, Kibago) like, really? You're not cute when you do that.

What gets on your nerves?

That gets on my nerves too. It comes off so pretentious and just makes you sound like a condescending dick IMO.

I hate Zubats and Tentacool (I see thats a popular one.) I hate when people think pokemon is just for little kids, I hate how Nintendo completely ignores the fact that there is a huge Pokemon fanbase of people older than 8 years old; Is it really too much to ask for a pokemon game thats not aimed toward little kids? I get so tired of the handholding, I hate how slow Pokemon is sometimes. I hate when I just want to go catch some pokemon and do some battling and I have to go through a bunch of story ********. Im not into pokemon for the crappy "Love your Pokemon Stop the Bad Guys" story, I'm into it for the gameplay. Black and White was by far the worst for this. I could go on but I'll stop myself.

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
3 vs 3 battles, seeing good-looking pokemon neglected because of their lack of usefulness in battle :( and crazy people who think that shinies hunted on emulators or obtained with hacks are legit, while also saying that MM, RNG, chains and shiny charm shinies aren't.

SolidWolverine

What gets to me a lot is how they haven't revealed Ash's dad yet. I have a pretty nice idea who it might be. But regardless, leaving a gap like that in a characters bio is pretty wrong imo

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Well I've been waiting to see a Dark-type Gym for some time...the fact that there isn't one has got on my nerves somewhat

Status
Not open for further replies.