• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What gets on your nerves the most about Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebevan91

I would say just the repetitiveness of it. The game gets boring after a while. So many trainers to battle.... and none of them are interesting.

Pretty much this.

You appear in your room... you go downstairs, talk to your mom, you go to either your rival's house and then the Pokemon research lab. You receive a Pokemon. You go run an errand, come back, and the professor lets you keep
it. You go back to your house, talk to your mom, and begin your adventure. What game did I just describe?

And of course the 8 gym badges and E4.

Sietse23

*Brainfarts*
Pretty much this.

You appear in your room... you go downstairs, talk to your mom, you go to either your rival's house and then the Pokemon research lab. You receive a Pokemon. You go run an errand, come back, and the professor lets you keep
it. You go back to your house, talk to your mom, and begin your adventure. What game did I just describe?

And of course the 8 gym badges and E4.

You can collect things or restart with a challenge as examples, so there's enough to do if you ask me...

trident20

ground types
Rage quitters in the wifi tournament. Was it just me or do ya'll think there was more in this one than the last?

darthscyther123

What gets on my nerves is wheyou're battling a gym leader and they use a Full Restore every time after your attack does 90-95% damage. Just take the kncokout already!

dracoburn

Lance's protege
When people stereotype you because you play Pokemon, or stereotype how good a player you are because of who you are.

Like, people often think I'm a dude when I meet them online. Or if I meet them in person and tell them I play, they think I must suck at it. Or have no life. Funny, cause I'm female, I'm pretty good at Pokemon(been playing, like, thirteen years now?) and I have a life.

KingWiggins

When people stereotype you because you play Pokemon, or stereotype how good a player you are because of who you are.

I couldn't have said this in any better way. The reason why I never tell anybody I play Pokemon is because they usually call me a "no life", thinking I play it everyday, when really, I may only play Pokemon 3 hours total a week.

Also, the second thing, I'm African American. As an African American, playing Pokemon is odd as hell. People think I am an athlete (I am, though) or **** like that and think I suck at Pokemon, but when I play them, I kick their ***. I hate when people do that, but at the same time, I don't try to take it personal.. sometimes.

Wartusk

Blaziken FTW!!!
I hate how really powerful moves always leave the enemy pokemon's health at around 2%. It's really quite annoying.

uisfuturegradstudent

Team Plasma get on my nerve! They never cut it out! I'm not releasing pokemon!

Ver-mont

Cheren and Bianca, that's what gets on my nerves. Guys, get a life, leave me alone. You don't see me stalking you around. Seriously. Move on.

I don't quite like how BW babies us all the time, and how plain the map is. I liked all the backtracking.

(·-·)(o_O)

oh hai there
The unlimited number of zubats in a cave, the people that turn off their ds' in tournaments, losing and the people who want level 1 pokemon in the GTS

GetOutOfBox

Original Series Fan
I personally dislike how Game Freak/Nintendo have stopped being innovative with the series, I honestly haven't gotten seriously excited about a new Pokemon game since Emerald. The strict adherence to the formula is really getting tiresome. I still like the games, but they've lost a lot of the "magic", since each game is basically just a minor expansion/overhaul of the previous. Add a few Pokemon, new region, etc, but the core mechanics remain the same. I really enjoyed the surprisingly moving story of the Mystery Dungeon GBA games, I'd really like to see more great spin-offs like that.

1. I hate it when AMERICAN fans refer to the Pokemon characters by their JAPANESE names. Every time I see the name Satoshi, or Takeshi, or whatever, I literally cringe. It's disgusting. Whats worse is when they call POKEMON by their japanese names (i.e Pochama, Kibago) like, really? You're not cute when you do that.

What gets on your nerves?

You actually hit the nail on the head, at least for me. People who sprinkle their English posts with Japanese words and honorifics ({insert username here}-san = Ha ha ha! No.) always make me cringe. If you're going to make a post in English, use the English names. I have no doubt you Weeaboos know them, so regardless of whether you personally think the English names are dumb, post the English ones.

Last edited:

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
1. I hate it when AMERICAN fans refer to the Pokemon characters by their JAPANESE names. Every time I see the name Satoshi, or Takeshi, or whatever, I literally cringe. It's disgusting. Whats worse is when they call POKEMON by their japanese names (i.e Pochama, Kibago) like, really? You're not cute when you do that.

What gets on your nerves?

Haha...Sorry if I ever annoy you then. ^^; I honestly do not watch the dub for Best Wishes (I watch RAW) and I forget most of the Pokemon BW english names. Sometimes it's all I can really remember. ^^; I know I have a habit of saying "Yanappu" "Kibago" "Mijumaru"...and with some character's names (really just Dento) I've gotten so used to it, it kills me a little when I refer to him as "Cilan." I don't see what's wrong with using Japanese terms, after all, anime uses Gratuitous English all the time. ;) Sure it's a little different xD

To answer the topic I'd have to say Zubats and Graveler. Zubat, I'd always run into them...and Graveler would always use Self Destruct. As for some other things...Crobat in Pokemon Ranger annoyed me. Ugh...it's cry. xDDD It took me forever to catch it. XD

blackterminator3

A million Zubats in caves in other regions, too many tentacools in the ocean and last rage quitters online.

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
These reasons are pretty much why.

- encounter rates of some Pokes (For example you encounter a thousand Tentacools while you're surfing)
- the odds of finding a shiny (It's too low)
- some of my faves are too rare or hard to find
- safari zone (I just hate the concept)
- Evil organizations using weak Pokes (Like Team Rocket for example. I mean, who in their right mind use too many Rattatas?)
- Trainers NOT evolving their Pokemon (Sometimes, I can't train right because of this)
- Event Pokemon (Although it doesn't matter to me anymore, how can we "Catch 'em all" when these happen and seriously, I think Gamefreak is waaay to biased)
- some fans focusing so much on the negative (Seriously, unless it's being asked like in this topic, keep your opinions to yourselves)
- biased fans (I dunno why so many fans have so much biases towards certain Pokes or characters, or themselves. I undertand you like them but...)

But these shouldn't matter to me anymore. Pokemon is about being enjoyed, no matter what we have. Let's not get ourselves too immersed and not make this our life as there are more important things.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
What gets on my nerves?
Three things:

- 151 (or 251) are the bests!!11shift!!one
- The hating towards the 4th gen evolutions. If there is new evolutions that went bad, is the 2nd generation ones.
- Shipping

Ver-mont

Oh, another thing that gets on my nerves: Pokémon who only evolve by trades.

I mean, it doesn't even make any sense. What happens, they get so pissed and furious at us for trading them away that it causes them to evolve?

Status
Not open for further replies.