• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What gets on your nerves the most about Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izanagi

'Sup!

Ausgirl

I hope they're finally done with that. That's why I said one Generation ago and look, they gave me a fighting pig

I still wish that Sumarott was water/fighting. His head even looks like a sword so it could've worked.

I am not trying to flame anyone actually just trying to smother the flames. :)

Then move on already, stop draging out a conversation that ended ages ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ver-mont

I still wish that Sumarott was water/fighting. His head even looks like a sword so it could've worked.

Exactly. That makes me even more disappointed that they made a Fire/Fighting starter again. They had a perfect starter to go with Fighting as a secondary type in Dewott/Samurott, and it would have been a nice change of pace from previous generations.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Really tall grass, it forces you to get off your bike.

I'm surprised no one brought this up earlier!

Man, I love riding my bike so any really tall grass-route (Route 119/120, Route 210, Unova Route 7 etc) is literally my bane. It was terrible in R/S/E cos you couldn't even run or see yourself.

Also, you get loads of Ninja Boys popping up at you!

Wild Dragonite

Ralts Evo Tree Fan
that starters always have to be fire water grass

I believe Fire/Rock/Steel has the same type of triangle. However, this wouldn't work very well for the first rival battle. Pick Fire and you're not going anywhere with a lot of NVE hits.

As for me, it always bugged me that the bike music took over for the normal music only when you were in the same area as when you got on... which is kind of minor, to be honest.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
I hate when you go to migrate RSEFRLG to DDPSSHG and you can only migrate 6 per day. Glad they fixed that in BW.

HMS no really are pokemon mentally retarded or something how could:
a bird not know how to fly
a fish not know how to swim
a basic sharp claw animal not know how to slice trees
a strong animal not know how to break rocks

seriously i think gamefreak made these to piss us off

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
seriously i think gamefreak made these to piss us off

Well, no, they made them in order to facilitate the inclusion of mazes and puzzles.

Since they are, you know, video games.

SimH8

You pegged me wrong because I am not uptight about this I am just saying people get so irked about the Japanese names when their is no reason for it. I mean if the person is being a prick about the okay but if people use Japanese name within reason then it shouldn't be a problem should it?

It's just very time consuming to look up every Japanese word, when the vast majority of Serebii users speak English. It's just more logical to use a name that everyone knows.

Floette

Fennekin
1. I hate it when AMERICAN fans refer to the Pokemon characters by their JAPANESE names. Every time I see the name Satoshi, or Takeshi, or whatever, I literally cringe. It's disgusting. Whats worse is when they call POKEMON by their japanese names (i.e Pochama, Kibago) like, really? You're not cute when you do that.

What gets on your nerves?

... uhm..

Well, what gets on my nerves is gym leaders/e4/rivals are often way too easy to defeat if you have any basic knowledge of pokemon mechanics. Also, "Elite Four so-and-so used one Full Restore!"

Also, when you encounter a wild pokemon and: "You can't escape!"

Gillig

In HG/SS you'd get a gym leader/elite 4's pokemon to 1/4 or 1/2 its HP and BAM they would heal it. It didn't do anything but make me have to spam the same moves and use PP up. I mean come on, if you are the top 4 trainers in the regeon you probably wouldn't have to spam max potions.

Ausgirl

In HG/SS you'd get a gym leader/elite 4's pokemon to 1/4 or 1/2 its HP and BAM they would heal it. It didn't do anything but make me have to spam the same moves and use PP up. I mean come on, if you are the top 4 trainers in the regeon you probably wouldn't have to spam max potions.

I agree with this. It's my personal opinion that these kinda trainers shouldn't be allowed to heal there Pokemon during a match. Particarly the elite 4 during the first play through. I know it would probably make the game too easy but at least it wouldn't be as frustrating and it would be a lot fairer for us.

FE21

People who constantly glorify whichever legendary pokemon they dicided to make an event for that week. Like seriously! You don't always have to come at me with a victini, and if you do, just IM me to use a wash Rotom or something!

Profesco

gone gently
Samurott haters. Have you seen the number of Pokemon fans only getting Oshawott for Dewott?​

Ahaha, I guess I'm one of those latter fans. I kept my Dewott all the way to level 100 without evolving. I don't hate Samurott, I just like the way Dewott looks more. I had no idea this was actually a trend or common preference, but that's neat to know. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.