• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What gets on your nerves the most about Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doodlecloud

Shiny Hunter
My thoughts:

- Shipping in itself isn't bad but it doesn't make much sense with the pokemon anime as half the characters are children and there isn't really enough character development to be able to find any kind of evidence

- I HATE wild pokemon that know roar/explosion/selfdestruct/etc.......I've been getting into shiny hunting lately and I avoid areas with those pokemon like the plague.

- I hate people who cheat...I mean what is the point? You're only lying to yourself and annoying everyone else. (also, personally, I class RNGing as cheating though I tend not to have a go at anyone about it).

- I don't get thing about Americans using Japanese names.....I know the kind of people you're talking about - the weaboos who are all kawaii desu ne~~ and think that means they speak Japanese - and they are annoying, but not everyone is like that and even then that doesn't make it DISGUSTING. Personally I still call Tepig 'Pokabu' and Lillipup 'Yorterry' because that's how I first learnt about them. I did use to call Oshawott 'Mijumaru' but I got more used to his US name as I started with one in White....however, I've never had a Tepig so I haven't learnt to use his US name and it's hard to get used to Lillipup's US name as his Japanese actually makes a hell of a lot more sense to an English speaker.

- The anime bugs me when they do totally mindless things, like Ash looking up a Koffing on his Pokedex even though he's seen it about a million times or when he used Charizard to pull his sledge across the frozen sea in the 2nd movie instead of just actually flying on it's back or when he uses Bulbasaur's vines to steady Misty when she has to climb up to rescue Togepi instead of just using the vines to actually grab Togepi.......the first example can at least be excused for the sake of new kids who haven't seen a Koffing or whatnot before but the other two are unforgivable. =_=

- Finally, it bugs me that they leave out so many cool things from previous generations. I know if they didn't then there would be little point in playing previous Gens and this way each has it's own merits but it's still sad when GF invents something as awesome as the Pokewalker or the Pokemon sprites finally following you like they would if you reallly had Pokemon and then don't include it in the next game....makes me feel like we're going backwards....

Last edited:

cool123

I hate when I go in the gts and find out the pokemon I got in the trade was hacked

Yes, the Pokemon Memes explains it all. Like the one in the desert.

But, I hate when I'm sweeping with my Starmie and a Storm Drain Gastrodon comes out, even Psychic won't put a dent in it.

ImAnOKIE12

Sexy Cowboy
That you cant trade a pokemon on gts for everyone is seeking a legendary under level 9 -_- this just pees me o the moon and back

Mr.FusRoDah

That you cant trade a pokemon on gts for everyone is seeking a legendary under level 9 -_- this just pees me o the moon and back

I truly HATE that!
I just want to actually migrate a level 1 giratina just to mess with those who ask for that.

I also can't stand how useless Unown is for such a hard to get pokemon.

ImAnOKIE12

Sexy Cowboy
I truly HATE that!
I just want to actually migrate a level 1 giratina just to mess with those who ask for that.

I also can't stand how useless Unown is for such a hard to get pokemon.

I know. In SS, i made a eintire box to collect them all. I succeded. And ended up getting more just to spell things.

Swampasaur

The Swamp Creature!
Really, that's just a complaint about society.

I think he's on to something.

I hate it when people who really don't know anything about the game think they know EVERYTHING (and I do mean everything) and get mad when you beat them in the game. SERIOUSLY MAD. It's not fun.

Also am I the only one who did not like fighting Jasmine's Steelix?

Tehero

Like A Boss
I hate how in BW the professor tells you who your friends are.... literally says 'let me introduce you to your friends' I just don't get it.

And when a shiny decides it wants to selfdestruct on me.....

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I hate how in BW the professor tells you who your friends are.... literally says 'let me introduce you to your friends' I just don't get it.

Oak did the same thing; he said you and Blue had known each other since you were babies. And then he forgot his own grandson's name. I'd say that scenario is much harder to swallow.

And how often can the latter really happen? o_O

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
- Shipping in itself isn't bad but it doesn't make much sense with the pokemon anime as half the characters are children and there isn't really enough character development to be able to find any kind of evidence

I'm not speaking for myself here, but some people like child romance stories, and not all of them have sexual content.

- I HATE wild pokemon that know roar/explosion/selfdestruct/etc.......I've been getting into shiny hunting lately and I avoid areas with those pokemon like the plague.

Am I just seriously underestimating the amount of Pokemon with desirable shiny forms that know repulsion/self-destruction moves? I honestly don't understand how often this can happen.

- Finally, it bugs me that they leave out so many cool things from previous generations. I know if they didn't then there would be little point in playing previous Gens and this way each has it's own merits but it's still sad when GF invents something as awesome as the Pokewalker or the Pokemon sprites finally following you like they would if you reallly had Pokemon and then don't include it in the next game....makes me feel like we're going backwards....

Well in BW's case I'd assume that this was because they were developed at the same time as HGSS as opposed to right after, which is the only real reason I can think of that justifies why they would scrap the wonderful permanent menu-interface (with selectable running shoes!!!) from HGSS. But as for the "Pokemon following you" thing, I could care less. All of the aquatic Pokemon look out of place and personally, if I had Pokemon in real life I'd probably keep them in their Pokeballs when I was travelling...otherwise it'd be like having your firebreathing dog following you around everywhere without a leash, and that's just asking for trouble.

Earthbounded

Wild Flygon Appeared
Weather Teams. Whenever I'm battling online, some person just happens to have a Politoed on there team. Not only does it unfairly stop me from launching any attacks...

Also, people should be using a variety of types of Pokemon on their team.

I'm not trying to be racist or mean or anything.. but..

EptyK

Selfdestruct/explosion piss me off especially they use it against me because they always get a critical hit

Static, Flame Body, Poison Point and Effect Spore get me so mad because I just finished a battle and it's like SORRY USE A FULL RESTORE!
Maybe I wanna conserve them instead of throwing them out the window because I don't usually carry a flying poke because I'm fine with my team.

Pokeshipper:)

Yeah, that seems annoying (I was never allowed to

Pokeshipper:)

Yeah, that seems annoying (I was never allowed to Plau the video games) but you should know your friends.

★ Mr. Mime ★

Man of Mystery
Most of my issues seem to come from Wi-fi.

The GTS is horrible and I hate when people disconnect because they're losing a battle. I don't experience the latter very much when battling against Japanese players, but American ones seem to do this way too much and it's super annoying. I hope GF will create a way to prevent this or penalize players who do this during matches somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.