• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

what gym had you frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies.

warnerbroman

the Blue trainer
I can belive this but the second one

Roserade is evil EVIL!

C-Rich

Hellhathnofuryatall
Neither so far, but I'm thinking the third will give me trouble.

cold james

Forest Master
The third gym sucked the first time around. The only pokemon that I actually used at that point were Prinplup (named Regis) Staravia (named Starr) and Graveler. Obviously Graveler wasnt a good choice for this gym and Starr got taken out by the Machoke w/ Rock Slide.

I took some time, trained, and evolved Starr into Staraptor only to beat Machoke with Prinplup's Bubblebeam and Lucario w/ Prinplup's Bide.

Still, Starr is badass.

DizzyRose

The PokeQueen
I had no problems with the first.
The second was heck for me. I had nothing good against grass types.. So it was pretty difficult.
The third was surprisingly easy. Lucario was nowhere near as strong as I was expecting it to be.
The fourth was very easy. I only had slight trouble with Gyarados. But Floatzel was EASY. I took it down in two hits..

I'm about to face the 5th right now.. Ghosts. Hopefully it won't be too difficult.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
The second one was no problem, as I had Chimchar, but Fantina's gym gave me lots of problems (Immunity to fighting).

ReptileTrainer24

The Serpent Prince
the 3rd gym gave me trouble the first time so far... Sadly I only had a Level 28 Chingling and the rest were level 26 or 25. Lucario smacked me down!

But I got my revenge and wooped her butt!

ForeverFlame

I had issues with Lucario, and I had major problems with Folknor's Octillery, believe it or not. He knocked out all of my Pokemon, and I only had Dialga left, which I pwned him with.

Seth_X_of_Fortree

Torterra Firma
Had a glitch with seventh. My Torterra named Stephanie, My Staraptor named Ilia (LoZ fan) and my Gastrodon Drexelina. Drexelina did no good. Eventually, I figured out I had to do Close Combat twice, Drexelina swap-out, then another Close combat, then Torterra.

koxcstar23

Loser w/o shoes
I died on the first one...oops his dinosaur killed my piplup but then I beat him after that. I havent gotten to anyother gym leader yet

Merman

Leviathan Trainer
I can belive this but the second one

Roserade is evil EVIL!
I assume you took Piplup? I did. Man, I was at least 15 levels higher than that Roserade, and it took me over 10 tries and a ton of money on Super Potions. The worst thing was that it kept poisoning and paralyzing me and Prinplup didn't even use it's Full Heal once. Argh, I hated that gym soooo much. Other than that, everything's been medium hard, not too easy, not too hard. Well, okay, some really easy, but not always. The Lucario in the fighting gym was a bit of a pain, but once it kept doing steel attacks on my Empoleon, it was really just a matter of Brining it to death.

Bl4stoise

the third gym

I have alakazam sweep her first to then lucario is part steel so he tore through my zam...but grotle was there to finish him..luckily

DS lite man

people who have trouble in the 2nd gym should go catch a ponyta east of
enterna city

LeoP2008

Trainer/Coordinator
The first gym annoyed me....alot. Its not that it was hard, its just that only on of my Pokemon was really useful. I picked Chimchar (who became Monferno) at the beggining so his fighting type made a BIG difference. However, my Luxio and Magicarp (obviously since all it had was splash) were completely useless.

Last edited:
All easy for me.

1st Gym - Subomi used Mega Drain over and over
2nd Gym - Moukazaru used Flame Wheel for the kill
3rd Gym - Staraptor used Aerial Ace and Moukazaru for the kill
4th Gym - Rentoraa used Spark for the kill

-_-

Dewgong

Ace Trainer
The first two gyms were pretty easy for me, the third one was a pain in the ass seeing as I couldn't OHKO all of the Machoke there. :/

I haven't got to the rest yet.

Deja Vu

Thunder Trainer
Maybe I just picked the right Pokemon, but I haven't had any trouble beating the gyms. Cranidos was probably the toughest of the leader's top pokemon. The grass gym was cake and Lucario wasn't a problem at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.