• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

what gym had you frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies.

karppa

I honestly had no problems with any of the Gyms, considering I've power leveled my Empoleon and Alakazam. What I did have major trouble with was the Elite Four and the champion. I nearly lost in the last two battles so many times, but I luckily barely made it through the end on my first shot, mostly because my only good Pokemon I had to rely on was Empoleon and Alakazam; the rest were all "meat shields", lol.

calg360

The 5th one annoyed me the most because of that mismagius ,as at the time the only one that was strong against her pokemon was my mistrevious

trapezechimpanz

The first Gym gave me a little trouble, but I still beat it in the first try.
The second was way easy! (I choose Chimchar)
The third was more difficult, it took my three tries (All I had was Chingling to help me with that gym)
The fourth was depressingly easy. As long as you have Shinx(and evo's) and Roselia. It is a piece of cake
The fifth was moderately easy because Luxray knows Bite/Crunch. (I still think it took my to a second try though)
The sixth was super easy. (Chimchar)
The seventh was really mega easy. (Again with the Chimchar)
And I haven't tried the eigth yet.

So all together, they were easy. Only the third gave me a little trouble, and that was because I didn't have a fully developed Psychic/Flying type.

Zee-V70

They were all easy. Getting Reversal Pichus earlier in-game is WAY too much win.
<_<

Kinoterra

Into the labyrinth
The second gym. All the others were cake, but my team at the second gym was Buizel, Grotle, and Luxio, so basically. Nothing of any use. Grotle was just about the only useful one, but all he knew was tackle, so the only way I could win was by using Curse until my attack maxed out and then it still took a while.

o.O

Hey Girl Hey
I hated Pastoria's gym leader and the way you had to get to him. -.- Stupid Switches. and i hated Snowpoint's Gym thingy, where you had to break the snowballs. FRUSTERATING & confusing. :l

Snowpoint's. I was getting so frustrated with that stupid puzzle. Thank goodness the leader's easy to beat, so that made up for it.

thorn6066

I had trouble with the ghost one, dont know why but I just did. THe grass cause I had NO fire pokemon and have a water starter. all of them got taken out. And thats about it, I think....

Wierdmin

Elemental Trainer
I HATED Candice.. :mad: She has the same name as someone I HATED, the snowball maze is hard, and it took my so freaking long just to lose to her and try all over again... so i finally gave it to my cousin to beat

I probably would've had trouble on the 8th gym but my friend traded me lvl 71 Groudon which got to like lvl 75 before the gym..

Ultradude131

Disturbia
Well i had problems with fantina(why do her pokemon know magical leaf anyway)that attack hurt my gastrodon badly(1 hit KO anyway) but eventually she came down from my Luxray, but even though i only had to fight her twice Candice was the worst for me it was Luxray all the way that time too but both fights were long and hard i bought a lot of lemonade but didn't use half of them.the snowball puzzle was difficult too.(i didn't fight volkner yet but i don't think he'll be strong as long as i find a way to train my graveler well enough.)

Last edited:

Lonewulf

I pretty much Swept all the Gyms with my Torterra and Staraptor alone.(and Floatzel twice)... But the most annonying Gym had to be Candice... With no decent fire types I had to rely on outlasting her.... Luckily I still came out on top...

Juan87

id say for me the hardest ones would be the 5th and the 5th gym leader battles

Enct

I had so much trouble with the second gym and prinplup that I leveled a kadabra and geodude for it.

~XB~

the ghost gym was the hardest for me, but that was because i was about 5 levels undertrained.

Dusknoir_Curse

I didn't have any issues with any of the gyms as I swept them with my pokes. I'd say the hardest for me was the 7th because I chose torterra and I had no pokes to take down ice types.

Tb-Girl

-My Favorite Pokemon
I hate the one with the Gengar ( as the last pokemon ) i forgot if it was the 5th gym leader or the 4th one..

first gym-easy (prinplup)

second gym-easy (drifloon. yeah, it was on a friday)

third gym- easy (drifblim)

fourth gym- kinda hard (roselia, almost taken out by floatzel's ice fang)

fifth gym- hardest (golbat and drifblim) it sucked cuz golbat didn't evovle until AFTER the battle

sixth gym- easy (empoleon took every one of them out with surfs)

seventh gym- second hardest (medicham got taken out by abamasonow)

eighth badge- kinda easy (roserade, empoleon, medicham and crobat)

Rikru

The first one for some odd reason, I even chose Piplup as a starter. Darn Cranidoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.