• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

what gym had you frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeXD_001

ρяιи¢є σf нαχ
Ive completed all the gyms, but they were all easy, including the Elite 4 they were a pushover.

I got annoyed with the 7th Gym, Candic - I got annoyed with the snowballs, trying to find the correct method, but with me I just clicked anywhere hoping to get it right. Lol.

So I planned it out, and then got it.

SatoshixKasumi 4eva

Legendary Tamer
Battle-wise: 3rd gym. Damned Lucario!
Puzzle-wise: 8th gym. Nearly gave up on it. Annoyed me to no end.

No Gym frustrated me Battle-wise, although both the 7th and 8th gym were a bit annoying with the ir puzzles.

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy
When I first started Diamond the 8th Gym was evil. The puzzles the training and the battles were to much. Then I went through the elite four with only three pokemon.

Hive Mind

Is not a GIRL
I beat them easily after I'd leveled them up about 10 when facing Gardenia, so then I realized that levels are power. I then raised them up 10 levels after every gym, and destroyed them all.

Ninjitsu15

Caught!
On Pearl, so far, none of the gyms have bee any real trouble. Piplup owned Roark on Pearl, and a combination of Chimchar, Prinplup, and Staravia managed to take down Gardenia.

Now I have the task of raising all of my Pokemon to appropriate levels before Maylene. Probably gonna add Spiritomb to my party, as he can't be hit by any of her moves, really...Unless her Machoke uses Forsight.

EDIT: Rank up!

Last edited:

lucariofan116

FALCONE PAAWNCH!!
man.... what was the ice gym leader..... will, anyways.... I had trouble with her because of the ice and you sliding everywhere! augh! it took me hours to finally reach her!

Lemolum

Meow Master
the sixth gym annoyed me with the puzzles but the gym leader was easy. the 1st and last gym leaders wer hardish.

On r/s/e i used to skip the second gym leader and go back to him later.

PsychicsRox

Roark is tough >.<, only been to one gym at this point. (Its only because I can't use Prinplup. I don't need Def EVs >.<)

jorisw

personally, they were all easy since I just made sure to start with the right type.

and wich type is that ?
I say chimchar.

Juuchan17

<--- For the win
Well, I didn't really have any trouble with any of the gyms. Maybe except for Gardenia's . . . although I don't remember which Pokemon I had at the time . . . (I started with Piplup BTW)

The puzzle-paths in some of the gyms weren't too bad either. I LOVE a good mind puzzle anyday. (Candice's ice gym thing . . . GAH - that one was quite a toughie, but I was relieved when I finally figured it out. Volkner's on the other hand . . . heh, I loved it.)

However, I would say that the Elite Four were harder than the Gyms. (especially Lucian . . . but that's another topic LOL)

- Juuchan17

Juuchan17

<--- For the win
Well, I didn't really have any trouble with any of the gyms. Maybe except for Gardenia's . . . although I don't remember which Pokemon I had at the time . . . (I started with Piplup BTW)

The puzzle-paths in some of the gyms weren't too bad either. I LOVE a good mind puzzle anyday. (Candice's ice gym thing . . . GAH - that one was quite a toughie, but I was relieved when I finally figured it out. Volkner's on the other hand . . . heh, I loved it.)

However, I would say that the Elite Four were harder than the Gyms. (especially Lucian . . . but that's another topic LOL)

- Juuchan17

jono123

I recently started a new game and i ended up with an epic battle against Gardenia

My prinplup took out one
fainted against the other
my new ponyta not knowing any fire attacks wins against i think it was turtwig
looses badly to rosarade

Then a 20 minute maybe longer battle with her rosarade with my level 24 budew(damn thing wouldnt evolve) it envolved a lot of bullet seeds and 2 or 3 super potions, it was so frustrating when her rosarade healed because it took me so long to chip away her health

Raptorg

Psychic/Fire trainer
i wiped the floor with all of them with relative ease

a lot of training and attacking the enemy with its weakness is certainly helpful

i think the main thing about that is simply the skill i've gained from playing all other games and actually remembering things i used to have problems with(dragon gyms are especially viscious so i usually carry a water pokemon with ice beam)

i suppose i got a little lucky this time there weren't any unexpected gyms and i managed to defeat their pokemon with ease

ofcourse, abusing revive and potions helps

i did start with Chimchar and had the "typical flying pokemon" evolution chain, which granted me a significant advantage over most bosses

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.