• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

what gym had you frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyHoundoom

Fire Pokemon Lover
The 5th gym was the hardest....I lost more than once

On my first runthrough, I don't think any gave me any trouble. But I started a new game on Diamond, and Gardenia and Maylene were both tough.

I resorted to using curse to max my grotle's attack to beat Gardenia. I can't remember how I beat Maylene, think it was with Grotle, after Kadabra, Buizel, and Ponyta all died from Lucario.

RagTag

Shroomin'
Byron and candice were tough i beat them on my first try but with both times with my floatzel's as my last pokemon and with health in the red the ONLY thing that saved me was my brine attack (thanks Wake)

But.....without a doubt the hardest gym leader was maylene it took me like 16 trys needless tosay I hate drain punch more than words can express

Sparkyperson

Light Ball Collector
I didn't find any gym hard....though i rushed through the storyline with only my starter (if i had all 3 starters from the start i would of done it properly.)

Saiyajin-Neko

I don't think so May
Hearthrome City Gym was my toughest by far! It took me forever to raise my Pokemon high enough to beat her. In the end I think it was Fizz my Rentoraa that won the war!

EeveePower

Umbreon 4 President
The 8th one, i had pokemon ~5 lvls lower then he had... i should stop trying to rush through gyms next time ^_^

GentleArtillery

Always subjective
All of them, because they are so easy >___>

That dumb old Candice there are hardly any fire types in the game to begin with not to mention the snowball puzzle so yeah that one was pretty tough

Sapphire Lugia

NSider: SWAMPERTGIRL
The most trouble? That Glacia girl. I hate her Abomasnows. My Staraptor managed to beat it with Close Combat.

cham1259

><><>clinx<><><
Candice the ice type gym leader was kinda the hardest. There weren't many fire types in the game to beat abomasnow. The gym battles I had had suspense as I fought(even some cornered moments, especially with Gardenia) but I don't think I fought them more than once. Maybe one, but I don't recall anymore.:D:D:D

Meh, in Diamond I beat Candice pretty easily with a Skuntank.

The gyms weren't hard, per se, but Maylene frustrated me the most on my first run-through, since Lucario scared me then, and I decided to raise all my Pokemon to Level 34+.

-Dragon-

Furret rocks
I crushed all of them with my Turtwig/Grotle/Torterra.

Matt Silver

Rest My Chemistry
1st - Used Turtwig in Diamond, and Piplup in Pearl. Easy
2nd - Starvaria (D) and Ponyta (P). Double easy
3rd - Starvaria (D) and Prinlup (P) took down Lucario easily.
4th - Grotle, Pachirisu (D) and Luxio (P).
5th - Grotle's Bite (D), and Luxio's Bite (P)
6th - Torterra, Floatzel Lucario (D), Empoleon and Carnivine (P)
7th - Torterra and Lucario (D), Rapidash (P)
8th - Torterra (D), A little of everybody (P)

Nothing hard about it. Just have the right moves:D

I started off with Turtwig, so the whole game was a breeze for me. I found the hardest was gym 1. Once my Turtwig was high enough to outspeed Cranidos, I won easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.