• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

what gym had you frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
I had no problems with any of them.

At all.

Roark was owned by Turtwig.
Gardenia was owned by Starly (It evolved after beating Roserade).
Maylene was owned by Staravia.
Crasher Wake was owned by Luxio in 40 seconds.
Fantina was owned by Luxio's Bite of doom.
Byron was owned by Torterra's Earthquake and Staraptor's Close Combat.
Candice was owned by Staraptor.
Volkner was owned by Torterra.

I was really disappointed in this generation's gyms.

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
I think Candice, actually. My Pearl team is really bad against Ice types.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
i didn't had any trouble with the 8 gyms of sinnoh though the last gym had a confusing puzzle, it took me about 20 minutes:p

At first I found Crasher Wake frustrating because my highest leveled Pokemon was Infernape and it ran into problems with Gyarados.

FeraligatrMan

Water Master
the 2nd gym was horrible, it took me 5 tries the first time i played the game.

stupid roserade...

chikoritalover16

I had trouble with Lucario. Then I read in a guide online that suggested targeting his fire weakness instead of his flying one. I think I beat Maylene with a combination of Staravia and Ponyta.

Defy gravity!
;152;

Defend

Zap! Um.. no?
I hated the ghost gym
not cos the leader was hard
it was the pure time it took to get up the lifts

beoderro

Unactive :(
I must say that Candice and her gym.

It was already frustrating to challenge her! It took me like a half hour break all of those snow-things(the white balls).
After that, I managed to battle against her, and I lost about 3 times in a row. But being so good, I finally killed all of her irritating Pokemon... Sorry, I used the word 'kill' ):

And that's the story about my most frustrated gym battle.

Squaaah

Candice for me aswell. When I got there my pokemon weren't very highly levelled to i had to train in the snow routes for ages! I put on the workout theme from Rocky 4 on loop while i did it :D Now I REALLY hate Medichams.

After all that training it took me ages to get to the gym leader! Bl**dy snowballs.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
I'm with BlitzBlast on this. On my 2nd play through I'm limiting myself to the same number of pokemon that the leaders have just like in the anime. It's still not that hard. imo the puzzles to get to the leaders are harder than the leaders themselves. =/

[converanga]

converse + manga
None of them really. But Candice's puzzle thing took me like three days to figure out...im a little slow o.o

Animal81

I did not find any of the gyms that hard well the ones with ice on the floor is tough but the gym leaders are easy because I catch every pokemon I see so I can create a team that they are weak to.

elwesto

Didn't really find a gym hard, however the fact that i only really trained up my garchomp and torterra didnt make the 7th gym easy

Frustration...nah.

I pretty much beat the gyms on my first go, save that steel one. I couldn't beat the last one as I chose the wrong pokemon. The only other difficulties I've had are related to the puzzles. I managed to have problems only on the 4th and 7th gyms, but thats about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.