• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What happened to Dawn's Catch Phrase?

Is that a catch phrase?
Catch phrase are usually like "I caught XYZ(some random Pokemon)".
Maybe writers are fed up of it.
Repetitive phrases aren't interesting.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Well, they should never have done it the first place.
Because some people around here, says that alot.
So that was a bad mistake.

Anyway, away with the bad jokes.
Honestly, the catch phrase is useless and I find it irritating.
And isn't: "No need to worry?", from the Dub?
So good they dropped it. Hopefully they won't make an episode about her catch phrase.

Well, they are going to make an episode about it. Dp 161 says hi.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
If you don't like her catch phrase then ignore it, it's very easy to do as its such a minor thing in the anime. Please don't whine about it as it's very easy to ignore and she doesn't say it very anymore. I never thought of her catch phrase as a joke either, it was only funny the first time with her mom and that was it.

If you don't like her catch phrase then ignore it, it's very easy to do as its such a minor thing in the anime. Please don't whine about it as it's very easy to ignore and she doesn't say it very anymore. I never thought of her catch phrase as a joke either, it was only funny the first time with her mom and that was it.

Well Dawn is starting to become mature so she knows that she should worry sometimes so as to give best performance.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

I didn't even find it funny the first time. Good riddance!

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Well I do know that she still says that in the JP previews if that counts...
I didn't notice they took it out! Wow! It doesn't bother me though...I just can't joke about Dahlia stealing it from her...T.T

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Not likely. It looks like Japan stopped using it a long time ago. Why bring it back now?

It wasn't a big thing to begin with, just something Dawn said to make her mother and others worry less about her. Since she's a little more mature now, why bring it back?

What are u talking about in the japanese version in the episode where ash got u new who ground dragon type mix pokemon shes hanging from a cliff she says daijobu

Huh. I haven't really noticed that until now, really. Doesn't she only say it when she gets in trouble/might get in trouble? Or when there's something TO worry about?

I think she'll be saying it more now that the Grand Festival is coming close (and most likely in DP161/162.)

T.W.I.

Undercover Rocket
The phrase lost all meaning to me when Ash said it and Johanna replied >_>. I can't recall the episode but I cringed the exact same way when he said "Aim for the horn".

No catchphrase will ever top Ash's *Turns cap around* "Yeah, I caught (Insert pokemon's name here)!"

Or however it went. :p

JD

is catchphrase gone mean dawn gone forever and piplup go forever and starapter traded for buneary so love interest for pikachu can continue

Are you serious!? Ash would never trade Staraptor and Dawn would never trade Buneary they were both trainer's first capture in sinnoh so NO Absolutely not. We'll probably see Dawn's catchphrase again at the GF or something most likely

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
is catchphrase gone mean dawn gone forever and piplup go forever and starapter traded for buneary so love interest for pikachu can continue

When will you get it through your head that Ash is not trading all of his pokemon? He traded Aipom for Buizel, that's probably it this generation.