• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What happened to Dawn's Catch Phrase?

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Has anybody noticed Dawn's Catch Phrase,No need to worry hasn't been in any recent eps I haven't heard her say it in the last 30 or 40 eps strange since her catch phrase in the japanese dub,Daijobu which translates to ''I'm okay'' , ''Don't worry'', or ''Help'' is still in the japanese version the latest I've seen it in the japanese ep was when ash got his latest new pokemon.

zeno48

Zaker!
The writers may have stopped caring and ignored it?

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
I miss it. I liked it when Ash started saying it to. And of course Johanna had her response "When you say that I worry the most". Lets hope the writers put it back in soon.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I actually haven't noticed she stopped saying it. Perhaps she grew out of saying it? Nah, I remember Johanna's response to it in the dub 'that's when I worry the most' yes Johanna worry about your child. While it's not a terribly big deal I'm sure she'll say it in a episode that focuses on her in the future.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
They'll probably bring it back later on.

Not likely. It looks like Japan stopped using it a long time ago. Why bring it back now?

It wasn't a big thing to begin with, just something Dawn said to make her mother and others worry less about her. Since she's a little more mature now, why bring it back?

Last edited:

cascade88

< go ask alice >
They probably just sorta eventually forgot about it being all that important. Kinda like the Dee-Dee/Pikari thing...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I never even noticed she had one. All well like others said the writers probably just forgot about it.

I didn't even notice that she said "no need to worry" a lot until I watched a re-run of a DP episode.

I thought it was only added to the dubbed version. The writers are very forgetful, they tend to ignore little things like that.

V Faction

www.faction.com
They stopped using it since it was a very offensive thing to say.

Dai - "Die" Telling someone to go kill themselves or go get killed is hardly appropriate
Jou - "Joe" Who is this mysterious Joe character? Is he a pedophile? Is he the one Dawn is telling to go die?
Bu - "Boo" A surprise. A sneak attack, if you will. How is that honorable? Dawn brings much dishonor to her family.

All in all, they kept offending people every time it was said, so a cut had to be made.

STICKTOPIA

I didn't really notice b/c it's not really important imo. Like others said, I'm sure it'll be back sooner or later. Oh god I really hate when Ash says it. That's what really killed that catchphrase.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Dai - "Die" Telling someone to go kill themselves or go get killed is hardly appropriate
Jou - "Joe" Who is this mysterious Joe character? Is he a pedophile? Is he the one Dawn is telling to go die?
Bu - "Boo" A surprise. A sneak attack, if you will. How is that honorable? Dawn brings much dishonor to her family.

What does that have to do with anything?

GreatLiver

Everyone knows Joe's the kid from Pokemon Tech, though Dawn's apparent distaste for him seems puzzling.

As far as the lack of Dawn's pharse, I'm also of the disposition of who really cares. If we're talking solely of the dub version, a. why's it here, and b. dub phrases get annoying quickly so good riddance. Don't know if people who understand japanese feel the same way with the raw, but in the dub they come off as the cheesiest things ever. "Take the stage!!!" Yeah coolest thing I've ever heard.

Alfonso

Derpgull
Could this mysterious 'Joe' be refering to our very own webmaster, Joe Merrick?

If so, what possible grudge could Dawn hold against him?

The mystery deepens.

V Faction

www.faction.com
He serred her ebb in the bii.

I'm sure her phrase is still there, just not as prominent. It'll be back before you know it, so no need to worry!